Subject: [Sigtran] M3UA interworking tests.

From: "David Laight" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:27:27 -0000

We are wondering how to get any confidence that our M3UA stack
will interwork with other impelementations - particularly those
likely to be used by service providers.

One possibility would be to buy (something like) a small Cisco
'router' that will run their IPT software, but reading the
Cisco web site is like wading through treacle and gives no
idea of the minimal hardware required to run that software.

Has anyone any suggestions?

Or maybe where we can obtain line traces of the SCTP traffic
we can use for comparisons?

	David

Registered Address Lakeside, Bramley Road, Mount Farm, Milton Keynes, MK1 1PT, UK
Registration No: 1397386 (Wales)  
P Please consider the environment and don't print this e-mail unless you really need to

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran

---

From: Michael Tuexen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 17:54:00 +0100

Hi David,

there are periodically Interop tests, where you could attend
and test what you want.

Best regards
Michael

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 10:02:26 -0700

David,

There are a few protocol testers on the market that will do some
degree of testing.  Google is your friend there.

ETSI wrote the start of a test suite (ETSI TS 102 381) for M3UA,
which is implemented by some commercial protocol testers, that
can provide at least a basic level of confidence.

And then there are the ETSI Plugtests, which are better for a
wider range of interoperability as there are always a number of
implementations represented.  But they only come around every 18
months or so and AFAIK the next one hasn't been announced.

Hope that helps.

--brian

BTW it is bad form to comment negatively on a particular
vendor's offerings on an IETF WG mailing list.

David Laight wrote:                           (Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:27:27)
> One possibility would be to buy (something like) a small XXXXX
> 'router' that will run their XXX software, but reading the
> XXXXX web site is like wading through treacle and gives no

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock
[email-masked]
http://www.openss7.org/