Subject: [Sigtran] Client/server and M2PA

From: sdjugum <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 07:44:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, SIGTRAN experts!

Could you please provide answers in general regarding client and server
behaviours in SIGTRAN protocols:
1) Should client side ever accept SCTP association establishment from remote
side?
2) Should it be possible ever that server side initiates establishment of
SCTP association?
Now, this clearly questions the roles of client and server. We know that
client should be initiating establishment and server should be accepting it.
But is it possible that they can also do the opposite as the questions
impose?

And then some more specific question related to M2PA:
How should this apply to M2PA, i.e. should there be role separation
(client/server) on sides of M2PA link or should any peer be able to do
whatever it wants, i.e. both initiate and accept association establishment
attempts? The latter would of course imply peer-peer behaviour from
perspective of association establishment.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,
     Sasa
-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Client-server-and-M2PA-tp18282924p18282924.html
Sent from the IETF - Sigtran mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

_______________________________________________
Sigtran mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sigtran