Subject: [Simple] New <component-id> element in simple-presence-rules-05 draft

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 09:43:25 +0200

Hello,

I found new element <component-id> in the presence rules draft, but
there is no description for it. What is the actual purpose of that?

BR, Martin

Martin Hynar
Software Specialist

TietoEnator
Czech Software Center
Phone: +420 599 096 022
E-mail: [email-masked]

Vystavni 292/13
CZ-709 16 Ostrava

www.tietoenator.com

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 22:10:11 -0400

Wow. I must say, this is scary.

It took me a bunch of digging to figure out what this was, since I 
didn't recognize it either. This was a feature in the -02 draft that 
allowed you to specify whether the contact and device-id elements should 
be obfuscated. However, the feature was removed in -03, but somehow the 
schema definition was never updated to remove it. Thus, its not a new 
element at all, but rather an old one that somehow never got garbage 
collected. I'm mystified because I could have SWORN that, for -05, I 
went over the schema with a fine tooth comb to make sure it matched up 
with the text descriptions and RPID. Don't know how I missed it.

Anyway, it is now most assuredly removed from the schema definition.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com