Subject: [Simple] WGLC: Presence Authorization Rules

From: Hisham Khartabil <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 11:26:30 +0200

The WG chairs would like to start a Working Group Last Call on the  
following draft:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-presence-rules 
-05.txt

This WGLC will end on April 15th.

Please send your comments to this mailing list and to the authors.

Thanks,
Hisham

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Hisham Khartabil <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 11:58:56 +0200

> This WGLC will end on April 15th.

Of course I meant May 15th. Apologies.

Hisham

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 09:47:30 -0400

Couple of minor corrections, mostly typographical:

1. In section 3 (page 4), it says "As described in [12], this document 
is composed of three parts - conditions, actions, and transformations. 
Each action or transformation ... has the property of being a positive 
grant of information to the watcher."  This is technically incorrect, 
since the conditions, actions, and transformations are contained in 
rules, which make up the document.  Propose changing to "As described in 
[12], this document contains rules composed of three parts - conditions, 
actions, and transformations.  Each rule containing either the 'allow' 
action or the 'confirm' action, which is also called a permission, has 
the property of being a positive grant of information to the watcher."

2. In section 5 (page 18), the  element "</pr:provide-persons>" is 
indented too far.

3. In section 8.7 (page 22), it seemse like there is an extra space in 
the provided URI template: Instead of "http://[xcap root]/ 
pres-rules/users/foo", should be "http://[xcap root]/pres-rules/users/foo"

--Richard Barnes

Hisham Khartabil wrote:
>> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-presence-rules-05.txt 
>>
>>

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 22:16:14 -0400

Thanks for the comments. Replies inline.

> the property of being a positive grant of information to the watcher."

You are correct on the first count that the document is actually 
composed of rules, each of which has conditions, actions and 
transformations. I've made your suggested change there. However, the 
second part of your suggestion seems to imply that only allow or confirm 
are positive grants of information to the watcher. This is not true. 
Each permission - where a permission is an action or transformation - is 
a positive grant of information.

> 2. In section 5 (page 18), the  element "</pr:provide-persons>" is 

fixed.

> pres-rules/users/foo", should be "http://[xcap root]/pres-rules/users/foo"

good catch - fixed.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com