Subject: [Simple] Presencestate

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 10:24:36 +0200

Hi!
I have a question about, how to adress a Presence Server/Presence Agent with
PUBLISH, SUBSCRIBE.

If I have understand it correctly from the RFC 3903 Page 4 and 24, the
Request-URI in a PUBLISH and a SUBSCRIBE is the URI of the PUA and not the
Presence Server/Presence Agent. Correct?

Example:
My public SIP-URI is: [email-masked]

Now, I want to Publish my Presencestate. So I have to adress the PUBLISH to
[email-masked]. The SIP-Proxy
who receives the Request will automatically forward it to the Presence
Server/Presence Agent, which is responsible for my Presencestate.
If someone wants to subscribe to my Presencestate, he SUBSCRIBEs to
[email-masked]. The SIP-Proxy who receives the Request will automatically
forward it to the Presence Server/Presence Agent, which is responsbile for
my Presencestate.

Greets,
Harold.
_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 10:11:29 -0400

[email-masked] wrote:

> Hi!
> I have a question about, how to adress a Presence Server/Presence Agent 
> with PUBLISH, SUBSCRIBE.
> 
> Request-URI in a PUBLISH and a SUBSCRIBE is the URI of the PUA and not 
> the Presence Server/Presence Agent. Correct?

The R-URI in both cases is the identity of the presentity in question.

> 
> Example:
> My public SIP-URI is: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
> 
> Now, I want to Publish my Presencestate. So I have to adress the PUBLISH 
> to [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>. The SIP-Proxy
> [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>. The SIP-Proxy who receives the 
> Request will automatically forward it to the Presence Server/Presence 
> Agent, which is responsbile for my Presencestate.

Correct.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

---

From: Aki Niemi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 16:16:26 +0300

Correct.

> My public SIP-URI is: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

You probably mean <sip:[email-masked]>? ;)

Correct.

> Agent, which is responsbile for my Presencestate.

Right. Of course another equally valid configuration is for the
PUBLISH/SUBSCRIBE to end up in any of the UAs for that AOR that have a
registered contact. This would mean in practice that presence is
published and delivered directly between the end nodes.

Unfortunately, there is really no way to know, a priori, which
configuration a given domain has, e.g., for supporting the PUBLISH method.

Cheers,
Aki