Subject: [Simple] Updated xcap draft

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 14:29:35 -0400

I've just submitted an update to the XCAP specification based on the 
last call comments I've received. Until it appears in the archives, you 
can pick up a copy at:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-simple-xcap-10.txt

The changes are:

* changed example URIs to conform to recommendations; namely, no
subdirectories and naming of files as 'index'. Also updated example
XUI from 'bill' and 'joe' to AOR per recommendations
(sip:[email-masked])

* noted that, since XUI = SIP AOR, you may need to percent encode SIP
URI characters that are not permitted in the HTTP path segment, such
as ? and /

* updated auid grammar so that the '.' is not allowed

* updated XML schema reference to most recent version

* in discussion on percent-encoding of unicode characters, mention
that escape coding is needed when utf-8 octets are outside of
pchar. Previously, it said outside of reserved.

* noted some of the limitations of get(put(x))=x in terms of
operations that you can't do, and suggest alternatives

* mentioned that Location header field and descriptive content can
appear in a 201 per RFC 2616 guidelines

* Re-defined the <no-parent> error to include the case where the
insertion failed because a parent sub-directory doesn't exist.

* note that canonicalization includes comments

* clarified cases in which DELETE is permitted positionally without a
unique attribute selector

* removed extraneous reference to CPP (RFC3859)

* ran idnits and verified
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple