Subject: [Simple] Presence: in inter-domains

From: Harrison Zhou <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 19:01:54 +0800

Hi:
   I think presence function has been very important and useful in SIP. 
   If someone wants to use the other SIP's functions (such as Instance 
   Message, voice, video) he or she will firstly get the peer's presence 
   information.  
   In inter-domains scenario,I think it is inefficient between presence 
   servers if we use the SIP process rules in existence . For instance, 
   userA1 and user A2 in domain example1.com and userB1 in domain 
   example2.com. userA1 and user A2 both subscribed the userB1's presence 
   information. if userB1's state is changed,the Presence Server in domain
   example2.com must send two NOTIFY to Presence Server in domain 
   example1.com. And the two NOTIFY messages carry the same information. 
   So if many UAs in domain example1.com all subscribed userB1's state, 
   it will ....  
_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple