Subject: [Simple] Re: RFC 4660 Functional Description of Event Notification Filtering

From: "Sean Leahy \(CV/ETL\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 17:02:43 +0100

The RFC includes some examples of filtering interacting with watcher
information e.g. where the filter in the watcher information
subscription request refers to events such as:
Specific subscription status:
<what> <include> /wi:watcherinfo/wi:watcher-list[@package="presence"]/
wi:watcher[@status="active"] </include> </what>
Specific subscription duration:
<what> <include> /wi:watcherinfo/wi:watcher-list[@package="presence"]/
wi:watcher[@duration-subscribed>500] </include> </what> 
Specific trigger on subscription status change:
<trigger> <changed from="pending" to="terminated"> //@status </changed>
</trigger> 
My query is can the filter in a watcher information subscription request
be based on filters operated by the watcher:
<what> <include> /wi:watcherinfo/wi:watcher-list[@package="presence"]/
wi:watcher[ @<what> <include type="xpath"> //pidf:tuple[rpid:class="IM"
or rpid:class="SMS" or rpid:class="MMS"]/pidf:status/pidf:basic
</include></what> ]</include> </what> ?
i.e. Will it allow a Watcher Subscriber to request Watcher Info only on
Watchers who are themselves operating specific <what> filters
e.g. The watcher subscriber only wants (watcher) information about
watchers who subscribe to receive Messaging-Related Information about
him but does not want to receive watcher information for other watchers?

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple