Subject: [Simple] how rls-service knows resource-list url

From: "HEM" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 11:52:42 +0530

Hi,

One more clarification. 

As per draft-ietf-simple-xcap-list-usage-05 docu. Rls service is defined in
that we need to give resource-list mapping. Just iam thinking about how to
give that.

<rls-services xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:rls-services"

    <service uri="sip:[email-masked]">

<resource-list>http://xcap.example.com/resource-lists/users/joe/index/~~/

   resource-lists/list%5b@name=%22l1%22%5d</resource-list>

     <packages>

      <package>presence</package>

     </packages>

    </service>

My guess is: When ever user creates buddy it needs to populate
resource-list.

                    Before user request rls  for list subscription user
should define rls-service (xml present above) in the xcap server. As user
knows uri of resource list and the service uri, it will create xml file as
shown above and put it in to the x-cap server.

When there are any changes in the resource-list name (means there is change
in joe not in the list content), rls-services should be updated by the
client. 

When RLS receives subscribe from user it does http request (GET) to the
xcap-server and gets the rls-service for that user. (Now again rls should
know uri of the rls-service(it should be provisioned or default
http://xcap.example.com/root/rls-services/users/Aor/index)).
 
Is it right or any mistake is there.
Suggest me
Thanks all
By
Hem
_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple