Subject: [Simple] Regarding Content Indirection and Presence...

From: David Viamonte <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 16:53:22 +0200

Hello again,

In the previous post I was not sure that Content Indirection covering 
Presence notifications is indeed included in RFC 4483. I've now seen 
that this is the case (which of course makes a lot of sense ;-)

My two questions regarding this topic are:

1. Does RFC 4483 currently cover a Use Case in which the same URI is 
returned from a Presence Server towards the RLS, when the RLS subscribes 
on behalf of two (or more) different Watchers to the Presence 
information of the same Presentity?

If this Use Case is already covered (and I see the RFC supports the 
capability to specify versioning information for the URI), then this 
mechanism should help to reduce a relevant share of interdomain Presence 
traffic (assuming that in general, several watchers are typically 
allowed to receive the same set of Presence information about a given 
Presentity).

2. If the above is reasonably true, would it be worth including some 
considerations about Content Indirection into the current "Problem 
Statement for SIP/SIMPLE" I-D?

Regards,

David

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple