Subject: [Simple] About XCAP Authentication

From: "Jeffrey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 10:34:46 +0800

Dear there,

I am implementing XCAP for presence authorization rule and contact list
manipulation as specified by SIMPLE XCAP. I try to add authentication
mechanism on XCAP via HTTP Digest. But I wonder if every manipulation (like
GET, PUT, DELETE) between XCAP client and XCAP server has to go the process
of HTTP Digest Authentication. If it is necessary, I am afraid the
performance on XCAP operation will decrease. Any solution or suggestion for
better implementation?

Thanks in advance.

BR,
Jeffrey

%;+H%s%i/`%]'t$u,c0|>w1K8j0T!A+D+|)w$'&,%s*L!A=P$E(O%N)N4&ES%;+H%s$:.e!A(C=P>P74&9+H%s!C
This email may contain confidential information. Please do not use or disclose it in any way and delete it if you are not the intended recipient.

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 22:20:11 -0400

The typical solution with HTTP is to run it over TLS, and authenticate
just once using HTTP digest. After that, additional authentication
operations are not needed.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com