Subject: [Simple] Fw: I-D ACTION:draft-rang-simple-problem-statement-01.txt

From: Avshalom Houri <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 12:43:09 +0200

Added:

* State size analysis.
* Processing complexities discussion.
* List of existing/suggested optimizations.
* Message computation for extremely optimized model.

--Avshalom

----- Forwarded by Avshalom Houri/Haifa/IBM on 26/10/2006 12:38 -----

[email-masked] 
26/10/2006 08:50
Please respond to
[email-masked]

To
[email-masked]
cc

Subject
I-D ACTION:draft-rang-simple-problem-statement-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

                 Title                           : Problem Statement for 
SIP/SIMPLE
                 Author(s)               : T. Rang, et al.
                 Filename                : 
draft-rang-simple-problem-statement-01.txt
                 Pages                           : 36
                 Date                            : 2006-10-25
 
As more experience of deploying SIMPLE based presence systems is
   accumulated, it seems that deploying a large SIMPLE presence system
   is actually a very hard task.  The document analyzes several aspects
   of SIMPLE based presence system deployment and shows that
   difficulties around the amount of messages (network), state
   management (memory) and processing load (cpu).

   Although this document is a problem statement document and not a BCP
   document, several possible optimizations and directions are listed at
   the end of the document in addition to an initial set of requirements
   for what should be the characteristic of the solution to the problem
   stated in the document

   This document is intended to be used by the SIMPLE WG in order to
   work on possible solutions that will make the deployment of a
   presence server more reasonable task.  Note that the document does
   not try to compare the SIP based presence server to other types of
   presence servers but only analyzes the SIP based presence server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rang-simple-problem-statement-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-rang-simple-problem-statement-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
                 [email-masked].
In the body type:
                 "FILE 
/internet-drafts/draft-rang-simple-problem-statement-01.txt".
 
NOTE:            The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
                 MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use 
this
                 feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the 
"FILE"
                 command.  To decode the response(s), you will need 
"munpack" or
                 a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant 
mail readers
                 exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
                 "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been 
split
                 up into multiple messages), so check your local 
documentation on
                 how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
ftp://[email-masked]/internet-drafts/draft-rang-simple-problem-statement-01.txt
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple