Subject: [Simple] I-D Action:draft-ietf-simple-imdn-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 16:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Instant Message Disposition Notification
	Author(s)       : E. Burger, H. Khartabil
	Filename        : draft-ietf-simple-imdn-09.txt
	Pages           : 39
	Date            : 2008-10-19

Instant Messaging (IM) refers to the transfer of messages between
users in real-time.  This document provides a mechanism whereby
endpoints can request Instant Message Disposition Notifications
(IMDN), including delivery, processing, and displayed notifications,
for page-mode instant messages.

The Common Profile for Instant Messaging (CPIM) data format specified
in RFC 3862 is extended with new header fields that enable endpoints
to request IMDNs.  A new message format is also defined to convey
IMDNs.
This document also describes how SIP entities behave using this
extension.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-imdn-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: "Hisham Khartabil" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:46:13 +1100

Noticed a minor problem with the schema. Now fixed in version -09.

Major changes between -07 and 09 are:

- modifications to the RelaxNG schema to make is deterministic, also allowed
better extensions to the schema
- "read" notification is now "displayed" as directed by IESG
- removed the <note> element
- Fixed ABNF

Thanks,
Hisham

On 20/10/2008, [email-masked] <[email-masked]> wrote:
> This draft is a work item of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence
> Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF.
>
>