Subject: [Simple] I-D Action:draft-ietf-simple-interdomain-scaling-analysis-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 11:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Presence Interdomain Scaling Analysis for SIP/SIMPLE
	Author(s)       : A. Houri, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-simple-interdomain-scaling-analysis-05.txt
	Pages           : 62
	Date            : 2008-10-22

The document analyzes the traffic that is generated due to presence
subscriptions between domains.  It is shown that the amount of
traffic can be extremely big.  In addition to the very large traffic
the document also analyzes the affects of a large presence system on
the memory footprint and the CPU load.  Current approved and in work
optimizations to the SIP protocol are analyzed with the possible
impact on the load.  Separate documents contain the requirements for
optimizations and suggestions for new optimizations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-interdomain-scaling-analysis-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple