Subject: [Simple] SIMPLE library

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 17:10:57 +0200 (SAST)

Hi,

Please could you let me know where I can get my hands on a SIMPLE library
to code a SIP presence server and SIP presence clients, which are likely
to be limited capability devices (such as cell phones and PDAs). I would
not want to use an existing implementation of a SIP server because I am
implementing a Rich Presence system (Rich Presence being the aggregation
of presence information from assorted user devices to provide a single and
consistent user presence) from the ground up.

Thanks in advance.

Anisa Ragalo,
MSc Student,
Department of Computer Science,
University of Cape Town.

Email: [email-masked]
Cellphone: +27760335309

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 09:20:17 -0600

[email-masked] wrote:

> (Rich Presence being the aggregation
> consistent user presence) 

Typically, the term "rich presence" refers to things like a user's
activities, moods, what music they're listening to, etc. This is in
contract to "basic presence", which encapsulates information about
network availability ("on/off" or "open/closed") as well as particular
availability states (e.g., whether the user is away or in do not disturb
mode).

Perhaps the term "aggregated presence" is more appropriate for your
application.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/