Subject: [Simple] Multi-party chat version 03 submitted

From: "Geir Arne Sandbakken" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 22:02:33 +0100

A new version of "Multi-party Chat Using the Message Session Relay
Protocol (MSRP)" previously known as "Multi-party Instant Message (IM)
Sessions Using the Message Session Relay Protocol (MSRP)" has been
submitted.

The new version can be found here:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-chat-03.txt

Changelog:

- Anonymous participant now utilize a temporary GRUU instead of a
Replacement URI to conceal their identity to the other participants in a
conference.   This solves the issue where participants didn't know their
associated anonymous URI, and can now add it to the From header of the
Message/CPIM wrapper.  

- Added "Success-Header" report handling in the MSRP switch for private
messages. 

- Added a "Removing a Nickname" section

- Terminology changes to align with adjacent IETF activities

- Added example for obtaining temporary GRUU to be used an anonymous URI

Open issues

- MSRP reporting models when sending to the chat room URI

Geir Arne

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple