Subject: [sip-clf] draft-salgueiro-sipclf-indexed-ascii-00

From: Peter Musgrave <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 17:54:27 -0400

Hi,

Apologies if this was already posted (but I don't remember seeing it).

There is now a -00 draft describing the indexed ascii logging proposal for
sipclf.

Thanks to Gonzalo S. for getting this in on time for the IETF78 cut-off.

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-salgueiro-sipclf-indexed-ascii-00.txt

Also, if there are additional agenda requests please let me know in the next
2 days. I will submit a preliminary agenda on Wed.

Regards

Peter Musgrave
Co-Chair
SIPCLF

---

From: Peter Musgrave <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 18:20:43 -0400

(as individual)

Hi Gonzalo,

Looking at the format in section 3 it seems to me that when I use my
debugging tool of first resort, vim, that the first columns I will see are a
series of hex values (and not the data I am keen on). (I am anticipating the
examples here a bit - so let me know if I'm wrong).

Do you think the length/pointer stuff could be moved after the timestamp and
mandatory fields (perhaps with a single pointer to the start of this block
at the start of a message).

I can see the value of the TLV stuff for non-mandatory fields. For the
mandatory fields do we need both pointer and length? Could we not infer
length from the value of the next pointer in the list and save 1/2 the space
for the block of pointers for mandatory fields (at the expense of
subtracting two values) ?

Regards,

Peter

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 5:54 PM, Peter Musgrave <[email-masked]
> wrote:

> Also, if there are additional agenda requests please let me know in the
> next 2 days. I will submit a preliminary agenda on Wed.
>
> Regards
>
> Peter Musgrave
> Co-Chair
> SIPCLF
>