Subject: [sip-overload] IETF78 RAI mtg conflicts

From: Hadriel Kaplan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 16:14:18 -0400

Howdy,
I know I'm a broken record on this topic from previous IETFs, but what the heck, email is free. :)

As discussed previously, imho there are some "core" RAI WGs which should really never be scheduled in conflict with any other RAI meeting time.  One of those would be MMUSIC.  Unfortunately, currently MMUSIC is at the same time slot as SOC (sip overload control).  Reading the names of the folks on the SOC mailing list leads me to believe they too would find this conflict with MMUSIC undesirable.

I know scheduling the rooms and times is incredibly complicated and involves many vectors, but is there any chance/interest in seeing if SOC could be moved?  There is currently one time slot with no RAI meetings (Tuesday, 15:20-17:00), or... arguably SOC would not conflict much from a people perspective with CODEC or GEOPRIV in their timeslots.

-hadriel

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 15:21:40 -0500

For what it's worth: in the 20 IETF meetings I've chaired a WG or BOF, 
this one has -- far and away -- had the most extreme scheduling 
difficulties. Many working groups have been allocated fewer and/or 
shorter meeting slots than they originally requested.

While I'm not in a position to say so authoritatively, I seriously doubt 
that there is even the tiniest chance that anything is getting moved at 
this point in time.

/a

On 7/15/10 3:14 PM, Hadriel Kaplan wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> RAI mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rai

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 15:13:33 +0300

Hi,

yes, Russ explained on the WG Chairs mailing list all the problems we
have had this time with the scheduling. The IESG and the secretary have
spent a lot of time working on the agenda. Unfortunately, it has been
impossible to avoid some conflicts.

Cheers,

Gonzalo