Subject: [sip-overload] draft-gurbani-sip-overload-control-02 submitted

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 12:38:37 -0500

Folks: I have updated draft-gurbani-sip-overload-control to
reflect the discussion we had in Maastricht and subsequently,
on the mailing list.  Version -02 is now available in the
IETF archives (please see
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-gurbani-soc-overload-control-02.txt)

This version has the following changes:

1) Reduced the parameters from 5 to 2, as per the Maastricht
  discussion;
2) Simplified oc-validity ABNF, as per the Maastricht
  discussion;
3) Include Janet's comments on RPH that were sent on the list
  following the Maastricht meeting;
4) Took out the simplistic random number algorithm to determine
  whether or not a request was to be forwarded.  Clearly,
  based on the list discussion, we will need a more resilient
  algorithm;
5) Attended to various nits and edits.

Please do take a look and post any comments.

Thank you,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60566 (USA)
Email: vkg@{alcatel-lucent.com,bell-labs.com,acm.org}
Web:   http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/