Subject: [sip-overload] I-D Action: draft-ietf-soc-overload-design-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 09:26:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the SIP Overload Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Design Considerations for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Overload Control
	Author(s)       : Volker Hilt
                          Eric Noel
                          Charles Shen
                          Ahmed Abdelal
	Filename        : draft-ietf-soc-overload-design-08.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2011-07-11

   Overload occurs in Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) networks when
   SIP servers have insufficient resources to handle all SIP messages
   they receive.  Even though the SIP protocol provides a limited
   overload control mechanism through its 503 (Service Unavailable)
   response code, SIP servers are still vulnerable to overload.  This
   document discusses models and design considerations for a SIP
   overload control mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-soc-overload-design-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-soc-overload-design-08.txt