Subject: [sip-overload] RFC 7200 on A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Load-Control Event Package

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 16:59:22 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7200

        Title:      A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
                    Load-Control Event Package 
        Author:     C. Shen, H. Schulzrinne,
                    A. Koike
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      44
        Characters: 98689
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-soc-load-control-event-package-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7200.txt

This specification defines a load-control event package for the
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).  It allows SIP entities to
distribute load-filtering policies to other SIP entities in the
network.  The load-filtering policies contain rules to throttle calls
from a specific user or based on their source or destination domain,
telephone number prefix.  The mechanism helps to prevent signaling
overload and complements feedback-based SIP overload control efforts.

This document is a product of the SIP Overload Control Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC