Subject: draft-johnston-sip-call-flows-00 Review

From: "Francois Morel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 12:01:39 -0400

greetings,

I am new to this list so please tell me if the following has already been
discussed.

I have now partly reviewed the SIP call flow document; which is by the way a
very useful document! here is a couple of comments I have

I have seen that the Tel URL draft is incorrectly referred to as [5] instead
of the proper reference of [7].

By the way could someone please tell me where I could get a copy of the this
draft? I have not found it on the IETF WEB site.

The second comment I have concerns section 6.1.1 of the document. User A
requests a connection to Called Number 972-555-2222. Gateway GW1 issues an
INVITE (F2) where the Called Number is translated into SIP URL "sip:+1
918-555-3333". Should the URL be instead "sip:+1 972-555-2222" ? GW1 may
have performed address translation there but if so, I do not understand how
comes the number "972-555-2222" re-appears again in the record route section
of an INVITE from the proxy server SS1 (F3). Maybe there is something I
don't get?

Best Regards,
Francois Morel
InnoMediaLogic Inc.
4501 Bishop, St-Hubert, PQ, Canada, J3Y 9E1
Tel: (450) 676-2977 x128 Fax: (450) 676-0360

---

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 13:39:34 -0500

> of the proper reference of [7].

This typo will be fixed.
 
> draft? I have not found it on the IETF WEB site.

You could try contacting the author Antti directly [email-masked].

> of an INVITE from the proxy server SS1 (F3). Maybe there is something I

You have found a number of cut-and-paste errors in this flow - every reference
to 972-555-2222 should be read as 918-555-3333.  This means there are errors in
messages F1, F3, F10, and F11.  The only address translation in this example is
the proxy translating the global number +1-918-555-3333 to the private extension
444-3333 served on GW2 in phone-context p1234.  These errors will also be fixed.

Thanks very much for the feedback,

Alan Johnston
MCI WorldCom
+1-314-342-7360
[email-masked]