Subject: Conference Id in Sip

From: "Anoop Tripathi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 09:44:09 -0500

Is there a plan to add something like Conference Id in SIP ?

Otherwise how do we distinguish if a call is intended to be a part of a
conference.

Thanks,

Anoop

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 10:52:26 -0400

> Otherwise how do we distinguish if a call is intended to be a part of a

Not sure what you have in mind, but SDP already has a session identifier
allowing you to discover that (for example) you've already been invited
to the same conference by two different people.

-- 
Henning Schulzrinne   http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 10:56:29 -0400

No plan - no need so far. The call control spec discusses how one
identifies "the conference", and this depends on the type of conference.
For an mbone conference, its the SDP conference ID; for a full mesh type
of call, its the Call-ID.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       200 Executive Drive
Chief Scientist                             Suite 210 
Dynamicsoft                                 West Orange, NJ 07052
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (732) 741-4778
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com