Subject: [SIP] Further editorial nit in the bis draft

From: "Drage, Keith (Keith)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 10:39:20 +0100

Following on from my previous editorial nit, I notice the naming of
status-code 487 is also inconsistent in the bis draft.

In section 4.2.5, 5th and 6th paragraphs, and in section 7.4.24, and in
section 15.5, the name is given as 

	487 (Request Terminated) 

However in figure 6, the syntactic definition we have:

	|   "487"  ;  Request Cancelled

In annex F (which will presumably disappear at IESG last call) we have

	487 (Transaction Terminated) 

I believe this is a new status-code to SIP, therefore we are not tied to
previous usage in HTTP. I propose that we stick to "Request Terminated" and
change the two instances that are different from this.

Keith

Keith Drage
Lucent Technologies
Tel: +44 1793 776249
Email: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
This list is for continuing development of the SIP protocol.
The sip-implementor's list is the place to discuss implementation,
and to receive advice on understanding existing sip.
To subscribe to it, send mail to 
[email-masked] with "subscribe" in the body.

---

From: "Henning G. Schulzrinne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 19:16:53 -0400

> change the two instances that are different from this.

There is a side issue that I'd like to confirm before doing the edit:
The status description mentions that 487 is also sent when a BYE
terminates a pending request (presumably INVITE). This would indeed
argue for "Request terminated" rather than "cancelled".

-- 
Henning Schulzrinne   http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs