Subject: [SIP] Question on Authentication in sip-call-flow-04.txt

From: Shan Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 14:34:48 -0400

Moved to the SIP list. Got no response on sip-implementors.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Sip-implementors] Question on Authentication in 
sip-call-flow-04.txt
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 15:51:48 -0400
From: Shan Lu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

Section 2.1.1, Message F3: Why "Proxy-Authorization" header is used 
instead of "Authorization"?

According to bis-02, "WWW-Authenticate" is inserted by a UAS or 
registrar in 401 which will lead to UAC responding with "Authorization" 
in a new request, and
"Proxy-Authenticate" is inserted by a PS in 407 which will result in 
"Proxy-Authorization" in a new request from UAC.

Is this understanding correct?

Regards,

Shan Lu

_______________________________________________
Sip-implementors mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.cs.columbia.edu/mailman/listinfo/sip-implementors

_______________________________________________
This list is for continuing development of the SIP protocol.
The sip-implementor's list is the place to discuss implementation,
and to receive advice on understanding existing sip.
To subscribe to it, send mail to 
[email-masked] with "subscribe" in the body.