Subject: RE: [SIP] draft-mahy-sip-message-waiting-01.txt

From: "Venkatesh Venkataramanan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 09:29:53 -0700

I would think that the functionality of SIP ends when it delivers the
requested Notification. What the phone/the entity does with it(light a lamp,
render the same on a display, provide stutter dial tone or audible
notification et al) is more a matter of the local policy (depending upon the
capabilities of the end point).

Venkatesh

-----Original Message-----
From: Jean-Francois Mule [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2001 12:42 AM
To: 'Rohan Mahy'; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [SIP] draft-mahy-sip-message-waiting-01.txt

Hi,
The I-D mentions audible/visual message waiting indications in the
introduction but then remains silent on this.
Has there been any considerations to include the type of mwi
(audible/visual) as optional in application/simple-message-summary?
Jean-Francois Mule.
Clarent

_______________________________________________
This list is for continuing development of the SIP protocol.
The sip-implementor's list is the place to discuss implementation,
and to receive advice on understanding existing sip.
To subscribe to it, send mail to 
[email-masked] with "subscribe" in the body.

_______________________________________________
This list is for continuing development of the SIP protocol.
The sip-implementor's list is the place to discuss implementation,
and to receive advice on understanding existing sip.
To subscribe to it, send mail to 
[email-masked] with "subscribe" in the body.