Subject: [Sip] 'maddr' in Contact Header

From: "Sreerekha Madhava Shenoy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 09:19:28 +0530

hi
  We had a doubt about the significance of "maddr" parameter in the Contact
header.
  When the proxy gets the next hop information from the Location Service,
should it honour the "maddr" (when present) as the next hop address ? Or
should it take the   "host" part of the Contact header ?

Thanks
regards
rekha.

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 13:42:47 -0400

maddr will take precedence, see draft-ietf-sip-srv. However, we are
trying to move away from the use of maddr to specify hops. Loose routing
in bis eliminates the need for it. There is really no need at all to
register with an maddr in the contact in the registration.

-Jonathan R.

Sreerekha Madhava Shenoy wrote:
>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
>    Wipro_Disclaimer.txtName: Wipro_Disclaimer.txt
>                        Type: Plain Text (text/plain)

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip