Subject: [Sip] SIP protocol failure scenarios

From: "ruhiya mahalati" <[email-masked]>
Date: 16 Apr 2002 18:33:08 -0000

Hi,

I am a graduate student and am working on the control memory, 
design and proof of correctness for SIP as my course project. I 
had a few doubts and would be grateful if anyone could answer 
them.

1: How is a duplicate BYE or a CANCEL generated, is it at timeout 
or only whenever the application requests?

2: Are there any cases may be because of lost messages or delayed 
or incorrect messages which may result in the failure of the 
protocol ie exceptional cases which the protocol is not capable of 
handling.

3:CSEQ feild is incremented for each request within a dialog.Is it 
increased for the responses also? and will the retansmission of a 
request contain the same CSEQ value or an incremented one?

thanks and regards,
ruhiya

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip