Subject: [Sip] manyfolks

From: "Salva Rey Calatayud" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 15:48:06 +0200

Hi Gonzalo,

	This is Salva Rey, from Siemens CT in Munich. How are you 
doing?

	I wanted to comment you a couple of things about manyfolks.

	For what I see in manyfolks it seems that two aspects are 
being defined jointly:

	1. QoS capability exchange signalling and interaction with the 
offer/answer model(through methods and headers)	

	2. QoS requirements (in SDP fields)

	Point #1 will be always managed by the UA, but maybe #2 is 
let to the application...

	this has never been mentioned, but are we aware of this?
	will manyfolks provide any support for QoS capability exchange 
signalling in case that the format for media stream descriptor is 
other than sdp, let's say here sdpng or xml?

	my concern is that maybe these two aspects are woven too 
tightly, and later on manyfolks cannot be used if a format different 
to sdp is used.

regards,
Salva

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip