Subject: [Sip] draft-ietf-sip-events-05 and Record-Route

From: "Brett Tate" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 13:47:56 -0500

Concerning draft-ietf-sip-events-05 and 
the Record-Route, can the record-route 
portion of the Route be updated within 
an established dialog?  

 (Note: Only the Contact portion can be 
 updated within an INVITE established 
 dialog.)  

If the answer is yes, can it be updated
by SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, or both?

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 00:08:08 -0400

> portion of the Route be updated within

No.

>  updated within an INVITE established

That contact portion (aka remote target URI) can be
updated for SUBSCRIBE created dialogs too.

-Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com