Subject: [Sip] Query regarding CIN Delivery

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:14:09 +0530

According to draft-ietf-sip-isup-03.txt

"  The construction of the From field is dependent on the presence of a
   CIN parameter. If the CIN is not present, then the gateway should
   create a dummy From header containing a SIP URI without a user
   portion which communicates only the hostname of the gateway (e.g.
   'sip:gw.level3.net')."

This works fine in case of a GW-GW scenario as the originating GW will
send only the IP Address in the From field and the terminating GW will
remove the IP Address before sending the CIN to the SCN network.

But in case the call lands on a SIP terminal from Gateway then From field will
not reflect the calling party who is the subscriber of GW, rather the SIP
terminal might just display the IP Address of the GW as the calling party
number on the user's screen.

So Wouldn't it be better to add  sip:Anonymous<[email-masked]> ?
This way the SIP User will display the display name as Anonymous.
But ofcourse, a limitation of this will be in the GW-GW scenario, the
terminating
GW might map it to CIN presentation restricted while sending it to the SCN n/w.

Any suggestions??

Regards,
Bishista Paul

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited
(HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual  to whom it is
addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information  and should
not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If
you have received this message in error, please notify the originator
immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you
are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the
contents of this message. HSS accepts no responsibility for loss or damage
arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including
damage from virus."

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip