Subject: [Sip] I-D ACTION:draft-mills-sip-access-network-info-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 07:52:56 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The SIP Access Network Info header
	Author(s)	: D. Mills
	Filename	: draft-mills-sip-access-network-info-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 26-Apr-02
	
This document defines the private SIP extension header
P-Access-Network-Info. This mechanism is useful in SIP networks that
are partitioned, such as 3G wireless networks which are partitioned at
the SIP layer into 'access' and 'home' networks. SIP User Agents may
use this header to relay information about the access network to
serving proxies in their home network. The serving proxy may then use
this information to optimize services for the UA. For example, a 3GPP
terminal uses this header to pass information about the access network
such as radio access technology and cell ID to its home service.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mills-sip-access-network-info-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mills-sip-access-network-info-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mills-sip-access-network-info-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: AC Mahendran <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:30:42 -0700

Duncan:

Section 6, paragraph 2 says:
"The P-Access-Network-Info header MAY be inserted by a UA. Proxies, MUST 
NOT add to or modify the contents of the P-Access Network-Info".

However, in the formal definition of "P-Access-Network-Info" we have the 
values of "acm" for proxies. This contradicts the previous statement.

thanks,
AC

At 07:52 AM 4/29/2002 -0400, [email-masked] wrote:
>Content-Type: text/plain
>Content-ID:     <[email-masked]>
>
>ENCODING mime
>FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mills-sip-access-network-info-00.txt
>
><ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mills-sip-access-network-info-00.txt>

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip