Subject: [Sip] event subscription

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 15:18:49 -0400

Hi,

Based on the sip-events draft, it seems that a subscription is only
defined/established within the context of a dialog. Is this correct? Is it
possible to have a subscription on a user/resource level outside a dialog
as long as route and contact  information of the subscriber is provisioned
for the subscription?

Thanks,
YoungSun

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Bert Culpepper" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 16:49:39 -0400

Hi,

I read the sip-event-05 I-D as saying a subscription can create a dialog.
Also, that a subscription can exist within an established dialog.  And that
a dialog established by an INVITE transaction that also has an associated
subscription won't terminate until both the INVITE established session *and*
SUBSCRIBE established subscription have both been terminated.

An example of a non-INVITE established dialog is a phone subscribing to
message-waiting indications from a voice-mail server.

Regards,
Bert

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked]
>
> Hi,
>