Subject: RE: Problem 4 of RE: [Sip] Proposed plan for Network-Asserted ID/Privacy

From: "Christian Huitema" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:17:36 -0700

>  > I diagree. Solve the other problems first. Then we have three
choices:
>  > 1) Use the same header for the 'hints'
>  > 2) Define another header for the 'hints'
>  > 3) Assume the 'hint' in in the authentication 'username'
> 
> (3) doesn't work.  my username is [email-masked], but my from uri that i
> want to use, can be, for example, tel+358441234567.

In fact, e-mail today uses two different fields: the "SMTP From:"
parameter defines who is posting the message, and the "From:" field
defines the user who is supposed to get the replies. (OK, there is also
a "sender" field, when someone sends a message "on behalf" of other
user(s), but we won't get there.) By this logic, we would need a "SIP
From", identifying the account sending the message, in addition to the
current "From" field, wich identifies the user.

-- Christian Huitema

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip