Subject: [Sip] SDP information in SIP body

From: Suryaram Alladi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 09:40:05 -0500

I have a question related to SDP information in SIP-T. Is the following
SDP format allowed in SIP-T? If not is there an alternate method to
achieve the same? The application is negotiation of SDP by media
gateways supporting Megaco  and SIP-T is used between two MGCs to
transport the SDP information.

v=0
c=IN IPV ipddress
m=media virtualConnId RTP/AVP 0
v=0
c=ATM NSAP atm_address
 m=media virtualConnId AAL1/ATMF 0

Thanks
Suri

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor"<[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 13:24:47 -0400

SIP only allows one session description.  (SIP-T is SIP with interworking
rules and encapsulation.)  Thus what you would have to put in your SDP is

v=0
m=media port RTP/AVP 0
c=IN IPV ipddress

In other words, the c= lines now become media-level rather than
session-level in scope, and the two transports are presented as simultaneous
streams from which either the far end chooses one (setting
port/virtualConnId to 0 to reject the other) or supports both.  If the
latter happens, the originator has to send an UPDATE to indicate which
alternative it prefers, again by setting port/virtualConnId to 0 to reject
the other.

-----Original Message-----
From: Suryaram Alladi [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 10:40 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sip] SDP information in SIP body

v=0
c=IN IPV ipddress

Thanks
Suri