Subject: [Sip] Regarding sending of Min-SE header in the re-INVITE

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 19:13:54 +0530

Hello
     I have doubt regarding the following  statement of the
draft-ietf-sip-session-timer-08.txt

"The UAC MUST insert the Min-SE header into a re-INVITE request for a
particular call leg if it has ever received a 422 response to a   previous
INVITE on the same leg"

When a UAC receives 422 response for a INVITE request, it retries with by
removing the tag field.
So once the call is established, there will not be any Min-SE for that call
leg.

The example in draft also says same thing.

What value in the Min-SE header should go out ?.

The draft also specifes

"In an INVITE that is   within a call leg with an active session timer, the
header SHOULD be   present, and SHOULD contain the the larger of the
current value of   the session interval and the value of the Min-SE, if
present"

So how can be the re-INVITE get 422 response, so that next re-INVITE will
go out with Min-SE header.

Any replies,suggestions,pointers in this regard would be helpful.

Regds
Pankaj Nath

This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited (HSS) and is
intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.  It
may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be
circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended.  If
you have received this message in error, please notify the originator
immediately.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that
you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  HSS accepts no responsibility for loss or
damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email
including damage from virus.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip