Subject: [Sip] REFER drafts

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: 26 Apr 2002 13:06:32 +0200

I've just submitted three new refer related drafts.
Until they hit the repository, you can get them at

http://www.nostrum.com/~rjsparks/draft-sparks-sip-mimetypes-03.txt
http://www.nostrum.com/~rjsparks/draft-sparks-sip-refer-split-00.txt
http://www.nostrum.com/~rjsparks/draft-sparks-sip-referredby-split-00.txt

Mimetypes is ready to go I think.

I propose resubmitting refer-split-00 as refer-03 and sending that 
through last call and to the IESG now.

We can then continue our discussion of referred-by in the 
referredby-split draft.

RjS

p.s. I will be online for a few more hours, and then only
intermittently until the interim meeting. 

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Sriram Parameswar"<[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 17:56:29 -0500

Hi Robert,

Good job on the cutting out Referred-By from the main REFER draft. Small
nit:

1. draft-sparks-sip-referredby-split-00.txt section 3.3.2.2 - not sure why
we need to reproduce the multiple REFER case. Anyways if you prefer to keep
it, then please change 'cseq' -to-> 'id' in the Event header of flow F7.
2. The events-draft
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-events-05.txt) in
section 8.2 show that the header Subscription-State is mandatory in a NOTIFY
request. We never use this header in the two REFER drafts (refer-split and
referredby-split). It is my opinion that we have to have this header to be
in compliance with the events draft.

Regards,

Sriram
__________________________________________
Sriram Parameswar              Phone: 972-685-8540
Interactive Multimedia Server (IMS) Fax: 972-684-3986
Nortel Networks, Richardson USA  Email: [email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Sparks [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 6:07 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sip] REFER drafts

RjS