Subject: [Sip] Updated Digest-AKA draft

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 19:27:08 +0300

Hi All,

I've submitted an updated version of the Digest-AKA draft to the I-D directories. Until it appears there, a copy is available at:

	http://www.iki.fi/aki.niemi/draft-ietf-sip-digest-aka-01.txt

This version includes mostly editorial changes and some clarifications with an updated section on IANA considerations.

Comments are welcome!

Cheers,
Aki

---

Abstract

   The Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) Authentication Framework
   includes two authentication schemes: Basic and Digest.  Both schemes
   employ a shared secret based mechanism for access authentication.
   The Authentication and Key Agreement (AKA) mechanism performs user
   authentication and session key distribution in Universal Mobile
   Telecommunications System (UMTS) networks.  AKA is a challenge-
   response based mechanism that uses symmetric cryptography.  This memo
   specifies an AKA based one-time password generation mechanism for
   HTTP Digest access authentication.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip