Subject: Re: [Sip] O/A model

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 00:43:23 -0400

THe spec does not detail error handling for the infinite different ways
in which they might occur. The choice is at the discretion of the
implementation.

-Jonathan R.

Salva Rey Calatayud wrote:
> 
> Hi,
> 
>         how should a UA act when let's say the other endpoint doesn't
> behave compliantly to the O/A exchange model. For instance, we
> send an offer, and none of the associated messages that could
> contain an answer does (an UPDATE with a 200OK without
> answer, INVITE with offer and none of the provisional response nor
> final 200OK contain an answer )
> 
> thanks,
> Salva
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
> This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
> Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
> Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Salva Rey Calatayud" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 11:54:06 +0200

Isn't there a mechanism whereby both UAs get back to an agreed 
state? How can the negotiation process continue properly 
otherwise?

regards,
Salva

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 23:41:51 -0400

> state? How can the negotiation process continue properly

It seems senseless to negotiate state with an implementation that is
broken. Its sort of like trying to talk louder in an attempt to
communicate with someone that doesn't even speak your language.
Tempting, but pointless.

If something breaks badly in the negotiation, I would recommend sending
a BYE.

-Jonathan R.