Subject: [SIP] draft-garcia-sip-called-party-id-03

From: Tan Ya-Ching ICM N PG U ID A 1 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 12:04:24 +0200

Just a couple comments :

- 2nd paragraph of Section 4 :
  "Typically, a SIP proxy, inserts the P-Called-Party-ID header 
  field when it retargets the user by replacing the Request-URI 
  with the address-of-record."
  The proxy retargets the request by replacing the Request-URI
  with the contact address, not the address-of-record.

  "The P-Called-Party-ID header value is populated with the 
   contents of the Request-URI in the INVITE, any other method
   that initiates a dialog or any other standalone request outside a
   dialog (such as MESSAGE [8])." 
   may be re-phrased as :
  The P-Called-Party-ID header value is populated with the
  original contents of the Request-URI of the request.

- The draft only talks about proxy inserting the P-Called-Party-ID.
  In Table 2 of SIP, it indicates "amr" under proxy. When does a
  proxy modify this header ?

Regards,
Ya-Ching

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Miguel A. Garcia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 13:32:22 +0300

Ya-Ching.

See my answers below.

>   with the contact address, not the address-of-record.

Certainly. Fixed.

>   original contents of the Request-URI of the request.

Ok.

>   proxy modify this header ?

To be honest with you, I can't see any situation where a proxy will 
need to modify the contents of the header. So I will delete the "m".

All this comments will be included in -04. Thanks a lot for your help.

/Miguel

-- 
Miguel-Angel Garcia                     Oy LM Ericsson AB
                                        Jorvas, Finland
mailto:[email-masked]     Phone:  +358 9 299 3553
mailto:[email-masked]        Mobile: +358 40 5140002