Subject: [Sip] I-D ACTION:draft-mills-sip-access-network-info-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 07:27:47 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Private Session Initiation Protocol Extension for 
                          Access Network Information
	Author(s)	: D. Mills
	Filename	: draft-mills-sip-access-network-info-03.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 18-Jun-02
	
This mechanism is useful in SIP networks that provide layer 2/layer 
3 connectivity through different access technologies.  
This document defines the private SIP extension header P-Access-
Network-Info. SIP User Agents may use this header to relay 
information about the access technology to serving proxies in their 
home network. The serving proxy may then use this information to 
optimize services for the UA. For example, a 3GPP terminal uses this 
header to pass information about the access network such as radio 
access technology and cell ID to its home service provider.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mills-sip-access-network-info-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mills-sip-access-network-info-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mills-sip-access-network-info-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.