Subject: [Sip] update to draft-ietf-sip-guidelines

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 13:22:28 -0400

I've just submitted an update to draft-ietf-sip-guidelines. Until it 
appears in the archives, you can pick up a copy from:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-sip-guidelines-05.txt

The changes since -04 are:

* Added guidelines on constructing titles for extensions

* Mandated the use of a table 2/3 in each extension

* reworked discussion on large content in sip to be based on its
relevance to a sip feature, and based on congestion control

* removed exception of REGISTER to large content discussion.

* consistent usage of terminology with bis

* remove requirement that extensions make sure they can work with
stateless proxies (many cannot)

* case sensitivity requirements aligned with bis

* recommend use of relative times and not absolute dates whenever
possible

* provided template 2234 syntax for extension headers

* added sigcomp as a reasonable compression mechanism

* advice specifications to describe handling of recoverable failure
cases, not unrecoverable ones

* changed recommendation to use normative terminology in overview
section; non-normative is now recommended.

* removed requirement that extensions describe how tags interact with
their extension (this is far less confusing in bis than it was in
2543)

* removed changes-since sections in preparation for wglc

-Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip