Subject: [Sip] Manyfolks questions

From: "Mark Watson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:11:31 +0100

If the UAC knows of no preconditions for a session, but supports the
manyfolks mechanism, what should it indicate in the INVITE in order to give
the UAS the opportunity to indicate that it has (presumably local)
preconditions ?

1) Indicate 'Supported: preconditions' in the INVITE, but do not include
a=cur: a=des: etc. in the SDP offer. Then the UAS can return the a=cur:
a=des: in the SDP answer.

OR

2) Indicate 'Supported: preconditions' in the INVITE and include the
attributes but with desired status 'none'

If it's (1), we need description of the answerer adding the pre-condition
attributes when they were not present in the offer.

If it's (2), then it should be mandatory to include the pre-condition
attributes if you include 'Supported: preconditions'.

I couldn't find either in the specification, but perhaps I didn't look hard
enough!

Regards,

Mark

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip