Subject: [Sip] To find the Port Value for the Particular proxy for which UA configured

From: "Shivaprasad Shivarudrappa" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 09:08:05 +0530

Hi,
 
I have a query on the SNMP MIB for SIP. In the sipUACSipServerTable  in
the SIP UA MIB it is possible to have two entries for the proxy against
the same application index. This would mean that there are 2 proxies
configured for a SIP end point. Are proxies configured in this manner to
achieve fault tolerance ? Couldnt the same be achieved by configuring
the DNS SRV records appropriately?

I went through the draft-ietf-sip-mib-04.txt. I gone through the the
example that you had given in the document. What i understood from the
example is that through the appindex i can query the the other table for
the other values.

Problem statement:-
 
  How to get the Port vlaue for the particular proxy , for which the
SIPUA has been configured?
  
  I had correlated the example that you had provided in the draft to
access the Port value for the particular proxy for which the SIPUA has
been configured.
 
My understanding
 
- To get the portvalue, Port status and other detailes for the Proxy for
which the Particular UA has been configured.
 
   1. Query the AppIndex table. Get the applIndex value.
   2. Through the applIndex value get the  sipUACfgSipServerAddrIndex
from the table sipUACfgSipServerTable.
   3. Through the sipUACfgSipServerAddrIndex  query the table
sipPortTable to get the SipPort for the particular
       proxy for which SIPUA has been configured.

IS my understanding is correct . Please correct me if i am wrong.

Regards,
Shivaprasad S.