Subject: [Sip] Small question on UPDATE

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 02:08:05 +0300

Hi,

I have a couple of small clarification question on UPDATE.

Q1:

Chapter 13.2.1 in bis-09 says:

"If the initial offer is in an INVITE, the answer MUST be in a
reliable non-failure message from UAS back to UAC which is
correlated to that INVITE."

Now, if the UAC receives a 155, and sends a new offer, it will never
receive an answer in a non-failure message for the INVITE. Or, is the
message (UPDATE) carrying the new offer assumed to be "correlated" to
the INVITE?

Q2:

Is the UAS allowed to send 155 AFTER it has sent other provisional
response(s) to the INVITE? The draft doesn't specifically say it, only
that 155 shall be sent before the called party is alarmed.

Regards,

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip