Subject: [Sip] No answer in 200 (INVITE) for draft-ietf-sip-update-02

From: "Fuxbruner, Amihay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 16:50:03 +0300

Hi all,

draft-ietf-sip-update-02 section 8 Example Call Flow presents 200(INVITE)
with no SDP.
However, draft-ietf-sip-rfc2543bis-09.txt section 13.2.1 reads the
following:

   "Concretely, the above rules specify two exchanges - the offer is in
   the INVITE, and the answer in the 2xx (and possibly in a 1xx as well,
   with the same value), or the offer is in the 2xx, and the answer is
   in the ACK. All user agents that support INVITE MUST support these
   two exchanges."

Do we have contradiction ?

Amihay Fuxbruner
System Engineering - Signaling R&D
Comverse

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2002 11:33:19 -0400

Fuxbruner, Amihay wrote:
> Hi all, 
> 
> draft-ietf-sip-update-02 section 8 Example Call Flow presents
> 200(INVITE) with no SDP. 

That applies to devices compliant to bis alone. The normative rules 
specified in the bullet items are more generic, and would allow for 
different flows through things like 100rel and UPDATE. The example flow 
in UPDATE is correct. I can see why this is confusing. I'll make a note 
of it.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip