Subject: RE: [Sip] Asserted-Identity: How to 'hint'?

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 15:39:29 -0400

> once ietf defines a p header for some purpose, there is far less
> motivation to produce the corresponding standards track sip header.
> the result is weaker sip and non-interoperable products.

In general, I agree. This points to what I beleive is a problem in the
current SIP change draft, the exact same problem that was aired in
Minnesota by several people. But that's a different topic.

In this particular case, there is a stated desire to use this approach
to quickly plug a hole in a very particular circumstance (single domain
of trust) until we can come up with a complete solution that works across
multiple trust domains. So, I beleive the danger in this one particular
case of the working group abandoning work on the final solution in favor
of the stopgap is minimal.

That's my understanding of what we agreed to in Las Vegas, at least.

/a

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip