Subject: Re: [Sip] via header

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 16:31:12 -0400

Salva Rey Calatayud wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> 	I have a doubt regarding how the Via header is completed at 
> the transport layer. 
> 
> 	Should the transport indicated in the sent-protocol parameter 
> be modified, if the request was solicited to be sent on UDP, and 
> the transport layer decided to send it on TCP?

Yes. From 8.1.1.7:

Via header field value is added only after the transport that will be 
used to reach the next hop has been selected (which may involve the 
usage of the procedures in [4]). 1077

That includes any reason that a transport is selected, not just the DNS 
procedures in 4. That said, the section in transport would be clearer if 
it explicitly pointed this out, as it does appear to be a source of 
confusion.

-Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip