Subject: [Sip] Transport Layer

From: "Salva Rey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 11:54:17 +0000

Hi,

what should do the transport layer if it receives a messages on a different 
transport than the one stated in the topmost via Header? I havent read 
anywhere that the received parameter can contain a transport.

best regards,
Salva

_________________________________________________________________
MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: 
http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Eiji Tomimura <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 21:56:45 +0900

Dear all,

I have a question regarding "user" URI parameter and URI comparison
described in section 19.1.4 of bis-09

In section 19.1.1, it says that if user of SIP-URI is a telephone number,
user parameter value "phone" should be present.

In section 19.1.4, in case of comparison of two SIP-URIs, if user URI
parameter appears in only one URI, they never match.

It means, <[email-masked]> and <[email-masked];user=phone> is not
equivalent.

---
Consider if the location server follows the logic in 19.1.4.

If SIP-UA-a register its address-of-record with user URI parameter (i.e.,
<[email-masked];user=phone>), and SIP-UA-b send INVITE without user URI
parameter(i.e. <[email-masked]>), it would receive "404 Not Found" error,
because of no matching due to the existence of user URI parameter.

How could we solve this scenario. Off course, SIP-UA-a could register both
SIP-URI with and without user URI parameter, but I think the spec does not
request to do so.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Regards,
- Eiji Tomimura

-- 
Eiji Tomimura 
Senior Engineer 
Communications Technology Dept., Information Technology R&D Laboratories
Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.
Phone: +81-6-6466-5643  Fax: +81-6-6466-5732  Email: [email-masked]