Subject: [Sip] Comments on draft-ietf-sip-sec-agree-02.txt

From: "Rob Phillips" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 08:43:27 -0500

In section 3.3 "Syntax":

1. The SIP specification already has a rule named "algorithm": see section 25.1 "Basic Rules" in bis-09.  To avoid conflict, I would propose changing the name for this rule.

2. While there is no rule called "extension" in the SIP spec, I would suggest changing the name of this rule as well to be consistent with other rules that use "extension" in the name.

Here's what I would like to see:

mech-parameters = ( mech-preference / mech-algorithm / mech-extension )
mech-preference = "q" EQUAL qvalue 
qvalue = ( "0" [ "." 0*3DIGIT ] ) / ( "1" [ "." 0*3("0") ] ) 
mech-algorithm = "alg" EQUAL token 
mech-extension = generic-param

- rob

--
Rob Phillips, Sr. Software Engineer                 Netrake Corporation
mailto: [email-masked]                           3000 Technology Drive
voice: (214) 291-1096                                         Suite 100
fax:   (214) 291-1010     http://www.netrake.com     Plano, Texas 75074

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 17:22:19 +0300

> 2. While there is no rule called "extension" in the SIP spec, I would suggest changing the name of this rule as well to be consistent with other rules that use "extension" in the name.

I agree. Thanks for observing this.

Jari