Subject: RE: [Sip] RE: draft-olson-sip-content-indirect-mech-00

From: "Sriram Parameswar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 14:06:32 -0500

Adam:

Thanks for the explanation its clear - sorry for the confusion. 

Sean:
Last comment we probably need the Content-ID header in the example: RFC 2046
"The encapsulated headers in ALL "message/external-body" entities MUST
include a Content-ID header field to give a unique identifier by which to
reference the data."

Thanks,

Sriram

__________________________________________
Sriram Parameswar              Phone: 972-685-8540
Interactive Multimedia Server (IMS) Fax: 972-684-3986
Nortel Networks, Richardson USA  Email: [email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Roach [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2002 1:54 PM
To: Parameswar, Sriram [NGC:B615:EXCH]; 'Sean Olson'
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Sip] RE: draft-olson-sip-content-indirect-mech-00

Sriram --

I think you're misunderstanding the text in RFC 2017 that you quoted.
Here's a simple demonstration you can use to help convince yourself
that Sean's proposal is consistent with RFC 2017:

How many "Content-Type" lines are in the RFC 2017 snippet you quoted?
Two. One (the actual message content type) specifies
message/external-body, and the other (which is actually in the
message body) specifies the content type of the external content.

How many "Content-Type" lines are in the example in Sean's document?
Two. One (the actual message content type) specifies
message/external-body, and the other (which is actually in the
message body) specifies the content type of the external content.

How many "Content-Type" lines are in your proposed example?
Three. The first specifies message/external-body, and
the third (which is actually in the message body) specifies
the content type of the external content. The second
specifies "text/plain" for no openly apparent reason,
since there is no text/plain content related to this
message in any way.

Can you see how your proposal is the inconsistent one?

/a