Subject: [Sip] question on new offer in a dialog

From: Kedar Patil <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 11:52:06 -0500

Hi,

Section 13.2.1 (Page 80) of RFC3261 says :

======================================================
o After having sent or received an answer to the first offer, the
  UAC MAY generate subsequent offers in requests based on rules
  specified for that method, but only "if it has received answers
  to any previous offers", AND "has not sent any offers to which it
  hasn't gotten an answer".
=======================================================

The last two clauses (enclosed in double quotes) joined by "AND"
mean the same thing, Isn't it? Is there any hidden case in either
clause not covered by the other?

thanks,
= Kedar =

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 23:39:27 +0900

> Section 13.2.1 (Page 80) of RFC3261 says : 

I think this is a bug in the spec. The first clause should read "if it 
has sent answers to any previous offers". Thanks for catching it.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip