Subject: [Sip] privacy service :draft-ietf-sip-privacy-general-01

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 18:41:48 +0530

Hi,

I have a comment on the privacy services and their support on proxy or
other servers.

If privacy services defined in terms of different levels can be
supported/not supported by different proxy servers, then one can also
assume that probably these may be activated/deactivated on existing servers
in the network. If we accept this scenario, then the draft needs to address
situations like the following:
1.A proxy server which is performing levels A out of a total levels A,B
requested by the UA, now is ready to activate level B. What should it do to
the session for which it is only performing level A?(case addition of a
privacy level)
2.A proxy server which is performing levels A out of a total levels A,B
requested by the UA, now wants  to deactive level B. What should it do to
the session for which it is only performing level A?(case addition of a
privacy level) Should it reroute future messages through another server
which supports both A,B. Or should it only stop removing the prev-value so
that subsequent servers start to perform the privacy service A. Or should
deactivation of a level on a server be allowed only when the level in
question is not in use.

IMHO such scenarios may be valid ones, and some guidelines or explanations
should be provided in the draft to cover them.

Comments?

regards
Harsh Bhondwe
Hughes Software Systems

This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited (HSS) and is
intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.  It
may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be
circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended.  If
you have received this message in error, please notify the originator
immediately.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that
you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  HSS accepts no responsibility for loss or
damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email
including damage from virus.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip