Subject: [Sip] To tags for stateless responses

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 09:49:50 +0300

Hi!

A small clarification question on generation of To tags:

Bis-09 says that responses can be sent stateless (ie no transaction is
created), but that retransmits of the request MUST create the same
response every time - including the To tag.

Now, one way to achieve this is to calculate the To tag as a hash from
some headers in the request.

However, chapter 19.3 in bis-09 says that the tag must be
"cryptographically random with at least 32 bits of randomness".

To me that means that we must also use some kind of random number when
we
create the hash, but how are we now going to make sure the result is the

same every time (even if the header hash will be the same the random
number will be different every time)???

Regards,

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip