Subject: [Sip] Anounce WGLC for draft-ietf-sip-callerpref

From: "Dean Willis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 12:19:52 -0500

I'd like to request the working group do a last call on the caller
preferences draft. 

See:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-callerprefs-06.txt
Or
http://www.softarmor.com/sipwg/drafts/draft-ietf-sip-callerprefs-06.txt

If possible, I'd like to close this by July 22. Please copy the author
and/or list with your comments as appropriate.

--
Dean

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 12:05:09 +0300

Hi,

I have a couple of small comments on the draft.

Q1: My first comment (which I also gave a long time ago, when the first
version of the draft was released):

I think a usefull feature would be when a proxy modifies/inserts/removes
caller preft, recieved in messages from a client (or another proxy). A UA
may not know which preferences it's "allowed" to register/use, so the proxy
(using whatever policy) could change those.

The draft talks about "caller preferences vs CPL (or similar)" in proxies,
but this feature could in many cases be a combination of those, since the
proxy needs some kind of policy what/how/if to change in the caller
preference headers of the received message.

No, the draft really does NOT forbid proxies to do this, but I think it
would show more usefulness of the draft if is was described in chapter 6.4
(unless chapter 6.3 is valid also for the "UAC part" of proxies).

Q2: My second comment is about a caller prefs feature I've thought could be
included:

Would it be possible for a client to indicate if it supports (or, "wishes
to receive") early media or not (note: this proposal is NOT to start the
early vs local ringback discussion again!)? A forking proxy could eg set
different values for different legs, to prevent early media mixing (the
proxy is not allowed to change the media mode indicator to inactive in the
SDP, so...) at the caller node.

Regards,

Christer Holmberg
Ericsson Finland