Subject: [Sip] update to session timer

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 14:14:54 -0400

Folks,

I posted an update to the session timer specification before the I-D 
deadline. It should appear in the archives shortly. Until it does, you 
can grab it at:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-sip-session-timer-09.txt

Changes since -08:

* added UPDATE as a valid method to use session timer.

* changed default reason phrase of 422 to "Session Interval too Small"
as part of an improvement in consistency of terminology.

* introduced the term "session refresh request" to refer to INVITE or
UPDATE.

* deleted repetitive normative text in the sections defining the
Min-SE and Session-Expires header fields.

* General update for bis, including grammar, Table 2/3 structure,
terminology.

* removed text on mandatory inclusion of from tags, and on rejecting
requests that are received with tags but that don't match a
dialog. All of that is in bis.

* Proxies used to be able to add a refresher parameter with value uas
into a Session-Expires header field, if the header field was not
present and was added by the proxy. This is redundant, and was the
only case where the proxy could set the refresher parameter. Instead
of this useless exception, the specification now makes a blanket
statement that proxies can't insert or modify the refresher parameter.

* added IANA considerations

* removed old examples section, per sip-guidelines, included a new one
with a complete ladder diagram, full messages, and reduced the number
of different example flows.

This document is now in excellent shape, I believe. I really went 
through it with a fine tooth comb to make it consistent. I do not think 
the above changes (the only significant one was usage of UPDATE) 
warrants a new WGLC, since the change was agreed on the list.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip