Subject: [Sip] Message body for 200 response

From: Manuel Moreno Martín <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 17:37:32 +0200

I want to know more over the body of SIP messages.

In the book "UNDERSTANDING THE SESSION INITIATION PROTOCOL", of Alan B.
Johnston (page 80), I have read : "For 200 OK responses to BYE, CANCEL,
INFO,  and PRACK, a message body is not permitted"

But now, in the RFC 3261 (SIP), page 33, I read: "All responses MAY include
a body"

Please, I want to know more over this issue

Thank you for your time

Manuel

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Rohan Mahy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 12:04:16 -0700

> But now, in the RFC 3261 (SIP), page 33, I read: "All responses MAY 

RFC 3261 takes precedence until another WG document updates or obsoletes 
it.

thx,
-