Subject: RE: [Sip] Questions on sip-guidelines

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 20:15:06 -0500

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> 
> - Is defining a new sip-uri parameter considered to be an 
> extension. This also applies to headers that allow extension 
> params.

Yes, these are extensions. In particular, just adding on your own
made-up, private URI parameters runs the chances of colliding
with someone else's made-up, private URI parameters (which almost
certainly have different semantics than yours). So, you can't do
that and still claim to be SIP compliant. You'll need to at least
register the new parameters with IANA to avoid such collisions, and
the tsvchange document would seem to indicate that doing so requires
a SIP working group document.

/a

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip