Subject: [Sip] SIP call transfer as in draft-ietf-sipping-service-examples-02.tx t

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 09:43:16 +0100

Hi All,

A colleague and I are currently trying to design call transfer into a system
and are therefore consulting draft-ietf-sipping-service-examples-02.txt to
assist us. We are finding the example of "Attended transfer" a little
confusing; we can understand messages F1 to F14, but we do not understand
how message F15 is able to confer to user A any useful information.

1) At this stage user A has a call held (id=[email-masked]) with user B,
but the REFER (F15) message uses a new callid ([email-masked]).
2) Furthermore the REFER message itself does not seem to have any fields
which relate to the held call at user A.

If anyone understands how SIP call transfer is achieved, with regard to the
"Attended transfer" example in draft-ietf-sipping-service-examples-02.txt,
could they possibly send me an explanation?

Thanks for your time,

Matthew Gardiner
Software Engineer
Aculab 
Tel: +44 (0) 1908 273 911
Fax: +44 (0) 1908 273 801
Email: [email-masked]>
Website: http://www.aculab.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip