Subject: [Sip] caller preferences and RFC 2533

From: "Jack W. Lix" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 17:27:05 -0700

Hi,

I've been reviewing
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-message-06.txt and
have a couple questions.

First, in section 5.2 the following paragraph is found:

> The proxy then takes each URI in the target set (the set of URI it is
> going to proxy to), and obtains there capabilities as an RFC 2533
> formatted feature set. If target URI was obtained through a
> registration, the proxy computes the feature set by taking all
> Contact URI parameters except for the q and expires parameters, and
> converting them to RFC 2533 syntax using the rules of Section 6.1.

Should the word "there" in the 1st sentence be their or it's?  Or, should
the sentence read "and there obtains capabilities"?

Second, the text makes many references to RFC 2533 and that is fine for
describing the intended behaviour.  However, it implies that you MUST
translate the headers into RFC 2533 format.  Doesn't that impose an
implementation rather than define the protocol?  Is there any reason that I
really have to use RFC 2533?

Thanks,

Jack W. Lix
Wind River Systems

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip