Subject: [Sip] Forking proxy

From: "Salva Rey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 09:23:15 +0000

Hi all,

a doubt regarding forking proxies,

why would a proxy do if forked an INVITE request, it got back some reliable 
provisional responses that established some early dialogs at the UAC, and 
then one of the UAS's sends a final response 200 oK. If the other early 
dialogs try to send further reliable provisional responses this wont get 
through the proxy since a final response was already sent on the response 
context. Should the proxy behaviour not only forward immediately 200ok 
responses to INVITE, but also reliable responses ?

best regards
Salva

_________________________________________________________________
MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: 
http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 10:31:23 +0300

Since the proxy will CANCEL all the branches but the one that sent the
final response, you do not really care about what happens with that
provisional response that got into the race condition.

Besides, the idea of reliable provisional responses is that the proxy is
not aware of whether or not a particular response was sent reliably. The
reliability mechanism is end-to-end.

Gonzalo

-- 
Gonzalo Camarillo         Phone :  +358  9 299 33 71
Oy L M Ericsson Ab        Mobile:  +358 40 702 35 35
Telecom R&D               Fax   :  +358  9 299 30 52
FIN-02420 Jorvas          Email :  [email-masked]
Finland                   http://www.hut.fi/~gonzalo