Subject: [Sip] sip examples in the draft

From: "Ashhar Farhan" <[email-masked]>
Date: 6 Jul 2002 04:43:07 -0000

the sip draft contains a number of examples of calls towards the 
begining and the end. in these, the ip addresses and the domain 
names are not clearly associated with systems.

1) in the figure 1 example, alice's pc is not clearly marked as 
pc33.altanta.com, nor is the atlanta.com proxy labelled as 
atlanta.com (a purist might consider that the proxy is named 
sip.atlanta.com). further down, the hosts 
bibbox3.site3.atlanta.com and server10.biloxi.com are not marked 
in the figure 1 trapezium either. it might be a good idea to write 
the ip addresses and the FQDN of all the hosts in the network 
diagram.

this is of special relevance because the basic fields like From:, 
To:, Via:, Contact: and SIP-URL are often confusing to a novice.

2) Section 26.2 gives a number of examples. the ip addresses in 
these are given without any reference to which hosts they refer to 
in the figure.

- farhan
_________________________________________________________
There is always a better job for you at Monsterindia.com.
Go now http://monsterindia.rediff.com/jobs

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip