Subject: [Sip] Some qustions on processing REGISTER requests

From: "Ofir Arkin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 13:02:45 +0100

While reading RFC 3261 section 10.3 Processing REGISTER requests I have
encountered several questions I could not find answers for:

1. Step 1: When the Registrar inspects the Request-URI to determine if
it has access to the required bindings, the RFC does not specify what
the Registrar should do if it does not have access to the binding (and
when it cannot forward the request). Is there a response code sent in
that case?

2. Step 5: the 'To' header value is examined (address-of-record) to
verify it is valid with the domain found in the Request-URI. The actual
verification test in not given with the text, but can I assume the
authors meant that the domain names should be the same?

Btw - Are there open source or free SIP Registrar servers that actually
implements the requirements found with RFC 3261?

Thanks!

Ofir Arkin [[email-masked]]
Founder
The Sys-Security Group
http://www.sys-security.com
PGP CC2C BE53 12C6 C9F2 87B1 B8C6 0DFA CF2D D360 43FA  

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip