Subject: [Sip] Regarding 305 Redirection message ....

From: "Rajesh Kalshetty (rkalshet)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 16:56:28 +0530

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a real time scenario in which 305(Use proxy) message is 
generated by a redirect server.
I find it hard to think of an example where a pure redirect server would 
send a USE PROXY instead of simply issuing a 300-302 messages.

It is also said in the RFC that the 305(use proxy) "MUST ONLY" be generated 
by user agent servers. This is a bit unclear to me.

thanks.

Rajesh k.

---

From: Prasanna Venkatesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 14:32:49 +0530

Hi,
    In a simple scenario where an UA is behind an "authenticating" proxy,
and where the UA trusts requests from the proxy only, if an INVITE is
directly send to the UA, it may request the sender of the UA to go through
the proxy to get authenticated and the trust relationship.
    305 is a requirement for specific network toplogies and an UAS which
sends this is never a redirect server.

Cheers,
Prasanna
  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Rajesh
Kalshetty (rkalshet)
  Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 4:56 PM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: [Sip] Regarding 305 Redirection message ....

  Hi Everyone,

  It is also said in the RFC that the 305(use proxy) "MUST ONLY" be
generated by user agent servers. This is a bit unclear to me.

  thanks.

  Rajesh k.