Subject: [Sip] RequestUri to Host Matching and proxy servers

From: "Jean-Francois Mule" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 21:08:09 -0700

Updating the sip mib ID with Kevin & Kavitha, we have a quick question
re: Request-URI and host matching for proxy servers.  Is there any
application where not requiring request-uri host matching makes sense
for a proxy?
We thought about the outbound proxy case where requests are usually
targetted for external proxies, therefore request-uri to host matching
may potentially not be the default action.

We have a sipRequestUriHostMatching mib object (true/false value) that
is currently applicable to UAs and proxies and we're wondering whether
to keep it as a common configuration object or move it to the UA config
section of the mib.

Additionally, if request-URI to host matching is enforced, is it ok for
the object description to state something like:
"If the value of this object is 'true', then the server requires a
match, and if the RequestURI doesn't match the server's host name, a
Location Service may be used to obtain information about a callee's
possible location(s) or a 404 Not Found status code is returned by the
server."

Thanks,
Jean-Francois.

   sipRequestUriHostMatching OBJECT-TYPE    
       SYNTAX     TruthValue    
       MAX-ACCESS read-write    
       
       STATUS     current    
       DESCRIPTION    
            "This object specifies whether or not the host in    
             RequestURI must match server's host name.    
       
             If the value of this object is 'true', then the 
             server requires a match, and if the RequestURI 
             doesn't match the server's host name, a Location 
             Service may be used to obtain information about 
             a callee's possible location(s) or a 
             404 Not Found status code is returned by the 
             server.
             If the value is 'false', then no match is required."    
       REFERENCE    
            "RFC 3261, Section 8.2.2.1"    
       ::= { sipCommonCfgEntry 8 }    
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip