Subject: [Sip] TLS and "sip:" scheme

From: Amit Bhadoria <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 11:22:14 -0800 (PST)

hi,

on page 152 section 19.1.2, rfc3261 says that default port for
"sip:" using TLS over TCP is 5061. does this mean that a url with
"sip:" scheme and transport=tls is a valid url, i.e., is the following url
admissible:

	sip:[email-masked];transport=tls

i understand that use of transport=tls has been deprecated, but due to the
above mentioned guidelines in rfc, do we still need to accept urls with
sip: scheme and transport=tls?

thanks.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Peterson, Jon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 19:46:10 -0500

For backwards compatibility, it might be worth supporting that construction,
sure. But that URL is not considered RFC3261 compliant - RFC3261
implementations shouldn't generate it, anyway. The section in 19.1.2, I
suspect, refers to sending a request for a SIP URI scheme (and no
;transport=tls parameter) over TLS, which is permissable - there's no
requirement to append ;transport=tls to the Request-URI when you send a SIP
request over TLS.

Jon Peterson
NeuStar, Inc.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Amit Bhadoria [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, January 20, 2003 11:22 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Sip] TLS and "sip:" scheme
> 
> 
> hi,
>