Subject: [Sip] Callerprefs: Proxy-Require

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 12:51:28 -0500

Similar to Ben's comment on the Require header and Bob also raised an issue
on this in his comments, I'm really wondering if Proxy-Require should be
used at all.  Bob suggested the following:
   "A UAC SHOULD NOT include a Proxy-Require header with a
    value of "pref" unless it is reasonably certain that all
    proxies along the path between the UAC and the proxy
    responsible for the domain of Request-URI support the
    "pref" extension."

But, my view is that if the UAC is reasonably certain that all proxies
support the extension, why bother with the Proxy-Require?  As the text
currently in the draft suggests, using Proxy-Require introduces
interoperability problems.  Since this is optional functionality, it just
doesn't seem reasonable that a Proxy-Require be used at all. 

Mary. 
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip