Subject: [Sip] Callerprefs: UAS processing of misrouted requests

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Apr 2003 09:38:43 -0500

The draft states that if a UAS has registered multiple contacts with
different feature sets, and receives a request to one of those contacts
where the preferences do not match, it should either internally retarget
the request to a contact that _does_ match, or reject the request.

I don't think the _standard_ should make the UAS into a caller prefs
enforcement point. UAS normally should simply handle the request as
normal, without regard to any caller preferences related header. If the
UAS is happy with the nature of the request, then so be it. If not, it
should reject the request based on the normal SIP mechanism for the
particular problem. At most, I would say the UAS MAY enforce caller
prefs, as a matter of local policy.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 02:51:39 -0400

Ben Campbell wrote:
> enforcement point. 

The problem is that we NEED this capability for some of the assisted 
transfer cases to work. Thats why the UA processing was added in the 
first place.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                600 Lanidex Plaza
Chief Scientist                             Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
dynamicsoft
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com