Subject: [Sip] RFC 3515 on The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Refer Method

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 17:12:28 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3515

        Title:      The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Refer Method
        Author(s):  R. Sparks
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       April 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 47788
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sip-refer-07.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3515.txt

This document defines the REFER method.  This Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP) extension requests that the recipient REFER to a
resource provided in the request.  It provides a mechanism allowing
the party sending the REFER to be notified of the outcome of the
referenced request.  This can be used to enable many applications,
including call transfer.

In addition to the REFER method, this document defines the the refer
event package and the Refer-To request header.

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol Working
Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.