Subject: [Sip] Callerprefs: Additional Nit/editorial comments

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 12:49:40 -0500

I also did a detailed review of draft-ietf-sip-callerprefs-08.txt and beyond
some of the points already made by Ben and Bob, I had the following
additional minor NITs/Editorial comments.  There also a couple of  points
that I'll put in separate threads as they could invoke some additional
discussion.  Also, I did try to avoid duplicating comments made by Ben and
Bob and apologize if I have inadvertently duplicated anything.

Footing: 
- there is no "." in the "et" of the phrase "et al."

Section 3, page 7: 
- Feature Preferences: "described" -> "describe" 
- Target Set: "URI" -> "URI(s)"

Section 5: 
- Para 5: "instant of time" -> "instance of time"

Section 7.3:
- Last para: "featuer" -> "feature"

Section 7.4:
- Para 5: I know you have an example further down in section 7.4.1, but I'm
thinking an example after this paragraph might be useful.  I had to read the
last few sentences many several times and I'm still not absolutely certain I
understand it given that the example in 7.4.1 has the "require" flag set.
So, I think another example here (or forward referenced to one in 7.4.1)
would be extremely helpful.  

Section 9.6 Automata: 
- Would IVR be considered here as well?  

Section 9.12 Priority:
- I would suggest changing the definition of "emergency" to "The device
supports calls in the case of an emergency situation" as I think the phrase
"emergency calls" tends to so closely associated with an E911 type of call,
whereas I think this is meant to be in terms of the device being one that
user wants to be the primary contact for personal emergency situations.

Section 9.15 Schemes:
- Example of typical use: "Choosing get" -> "Choosing to get"

Section 9.17 Message Server:
- Is this category intended to also apply to IVR? Or, would IVR just be
considered automata?   

Section 9.18 Is Focus:
- this is just a consistency thing, but it seems that this should just be
"Focus" rather than "isfocus" or 9.17 should be "ismsgserver". 

Section 17 Informative References:
- [27] needs to be updated with the RFC number: RFC 3515

Regards,
Mary H. Barnes
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip