Subject: [Sip] How to send user defined parmameter with INVITE?

From: "Frank Yuan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 14:28:45 -0600

Hi,

Is there a way to send user defined parameter with INVITE or STATUS msg?
Since H323 uses Q931 as signaling control protocol and Q931 has user info element in SETUP msg, 
H323 can send Setup Msg with user info.

How about SIP?  If SIP can do it, could you let me know how?

Thanx

Frank

---

From: "Patrick Lam" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 15:51:42 +0800

May I ask what type of user information you would like to send? 

As far as I remember, the user-information message in Q.931 was pretty
much useless as far as providing user information is concerned.

In SIP, if you want to provide some 'end-to-end" text-based user
information, I guess you can use the Subject header in INVITE.

Regards,

Patrick Lam

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Frank
Yuan
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2003 4:29 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sip] How to send user defined parmameter with INVITE?

Hi,

Since H323 uses Q931 as signaling control protocol and Q931 has user
info element in SETUP msg, 

 

Thanx

Frank