Subject: [Sip] From Port

From: Anil Bollineni <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:00:44 -0800

Hi All,

            For any SIP message, if UA or Proxy sending message than other
than from port 5060, then it should be included in SIP from URI. For
example, if the Register message comes from 202.10.10.20:2218, the From
header should look like From: sip:[email-masked]:2218. Is it MUST if the
port is different than port 5060 then it should appear in the From header?

Thanks in Advance,

Anil

This email contains material that is confidential. The content of this email
is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review or distribution
by persons other than the intended recipient(s) without the express
permission of NetScreen Technologies, Inc. is strictly prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete/destroy
all copies of this email and any related attachments. NetScreen does not
guarantee the accuracy or completeness of third party materials or
information.

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 05:38:40 +0900

The From does not have to contain anything useful at all. In general it
should have something that is more like the address of record for the user
instead of the the IP address and port that can be used to reach the device.
The contact is used to reach the device. So mine mike look like

From: ³Cullen Jennings² <sip:[email-masked]>

If the only way to reach the proxy was on port 1234 then I might have to
include that in my AOR but I would usually not put the port that the UA was
using in the from. 

On 2/20/04 1:00 PM, "Anil Bollineni" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> than from port 5060, then it should be included in SIP from URI. For example,
> if the Register message comes from 202.10.10.20:2218, the From header should
> look like From: sip:[email-masked]:2218. Is it MUST if the port is different
> than port 5060 then it should appear in the From header?
>  
> Thanks in Advance,
> Anil
> by persons other than the intended recipient(s) without the express permission
> of NetScreen Technologies, Inc. is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
> intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete/destroy all copies of
> this email and any related attachments. NetScreen does not guarantee the
> accuracy or completeness of third party materials or information.
> 
>  
>