Subject: RE: [Sip-implementors] RE: [Sip] From Header

From: "Christian Jansson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 10:49:07 +0100

Ranjit wrote:
> If I understand you correctly then I think you want to know 
> the sender's IP and port number. This information can be 
> obtaine from the SDP.

No the sender address and port should not be obtained from the SDP.
The IP and port found in the SDP only tells the receiver where to
send media, nothing else. The IP in the SDP does not have to be the
same IP as from where the SIP signaling is done. The port in the SDP
will probably always differ from the port from where the SIP
signaling is done (I don't think any implementation would like
to demux SIP and media on the same port)

/ Christian Jansson, Hotsip R&D

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip