Subject: [Sip] From Header

From: Anil Bollineni <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 16:37:52 -0800

Hi All,

      I understand from the following statement in RFC, that From header
SHOULD not contain IP addresses/ports from whom the request has come. If it
is so, I can't assume that the information is not used to assume from where
(IP address/port) the request has come. Appreciate your response to clarify
the point.

  As such, it is very important that the From URI not contain IP addresses
or the FQDN

   of the host on which the UA is running, since these are not logical

   names.

Thank you,

Anil

This email contains material that is confidential. The content of this email
is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review or distribution
by persons other than the intended recipient(s) without the express
permission of NetScreen Technologies, Inc. is strictly prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete/destroy
all copies of this email and any related attachments. NetScreen does not
guarantee the accuracy or completeness of third party materials or
information.