Subject: [Sip] rfc3265 Handling of forked requests

From: Simon Asryan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 18:04:18 +0400

Hi Folks,

rfc3265 says

4.4.9. Handling of forked requests

   Each event package MUST specify whether forked SUBSCRIBE requests are
   allowed to install multiple subscriptions.

   If such behavior is not allowed, the first potential dialog-
   establishing message will create a dialog.  All subsequent NOTIFY
   messages which correspond to the SUBSCRIBE message (i.e., match "To",
   "From", "From" header "tag" parameter, "Call-ID", "CSeq", "Event",
   and "Event" header "id" parameter) but which do not match the dialog
   would be rejected with a 481 response.  Note that the 200-class
   response to the SUBSCRIBE can arrive after a matching NOTIFY has been
   received; such responses might not correlate to the same dialog
   established by the NOTIFY.  Except as required to complete the
   SUBSCRIBE transaction, such non-matching 200-class responses are
   ignored.

The question is, should the "CSeq" field of NOTIFY message participate in corresponding with SUBSCRIBE message?

-- 
Best regards,
 Simon                          mailto:[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip