Subject: [Sip] sip-identity-03

From: "Peterson, Jon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 18:53:45 -0400

As promised, I've released a new version of the SIP identity draft that
removes all text relating to response identity - and as such, there's no
more talk in the draft about restricting retargeting or what have you. Given
the many dependencies on request identity, I think it's worth getting this
part done first, and then revisiting response identity at a later time.

I also made a few more changes to the draft. The most obvious will be the
addition of examples and a corresponding bit-exact archive of the exact
messages (following the practice of Robert Sparks' torture test draft). The
hope is that they will significantly increase the likelihood that the draft
will be implemented. I also added new sections giving considerations on
privacy and the use of telephone numbers as identities. There are also some
subtler changes to the mechanism itself to address a few lingering threats.

I think that the draft is in a fairly mature state now, and I solicited a
number of detailed reviews that were factored into this version. I'd
appreciate it if interested parties could give it a read.

Thanks,

Jon Peterson
NeuStar, Inc.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip