Subject: [Sip] SIP and MIP addressing

From: "Thibault Renier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 16:13:48 +0200

Hi all,

I am currently working on integrating SIP in architecture using Mobile IP
for mobility support.
My question concerns the addressing scheme:
At the SIP layer a SIP URI specifies the destination point ("To" field),
going from SIP hop to SIP hop. At the IP layer, the destination address is
usually the same as the current IP address (Care of Address in the MIP
jargon -CoA) that corresponds to the URI used in the "To" (I guess that the
association URI/current IP address of a user is made possible during the
registration procedure). When MIP is used at the IP layer, for
communications from the Correspondent Node (CN) to the Mobile Node (MN), the
destination address is the MN's home address and the packets should be
intercepted by the Home Agent (HA).
1. What is the route in a system combining MIP for mobility support and SIP
for signalling flow? Do the packets go through all the SIP servers/hops
before applying the MIP routing solutions? 
2. What does happen because of the 'conflict' of addresses? (SIP resolves
the URI with the CoA, while IP uses the MN's home address at first)

Thanks for your help
/Tibo
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip