Subject: [Sip] RFC 3891 on The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) "Replaces" Header

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 15:57:17 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3891

        Title:      The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
                    "Replaces" Header
        Author(s):  R. Mahy, B. Biggs, R. Dean
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       September 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 34180
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sip-replaces-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3891.txt

This document defines a new header for use with Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP) multi-party applications and call control.  The
Replaces header is used to logically replace an existing SIP dialog
with a new SIP dialog.  This primitive can be used to enable a variety
of features, for example: "Attended Transfer" and "Call Pickup".  Note
that the definition of these example features is non-normative.

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol Working
Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip