Subject: [Sip] mib-08

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 19:20:02 -0800

I tired to read this whole thing again and it made my head want to explode -
I think getting a bunch of people to read it again would be really good.
There has been some nice work done on it since the previous rev.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Kevin Lingle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 12:26:18 -0500

hi cullen,

we had a relatively small number of outstanding issues to
still resolve and were trying to get a -09 rev out a couple
of weeks back.  we didn't make that target because while working
the outstanding issues, we also tried to accommodate a request
to enhance user agent information.

i don't, think we should try and include that in the initial
offering of the user agent mib module.  i think jean-francois
is possibly in agreement with that now.  he was going to take
a crack at the issue but didn't have time yet.  thus we haven't
published rev -09 but hope to soon.  i don't have any time to
devote to the new issue of additional user agent information.
so i'd like to leave that for the future.

the delta's between -08 and -09 shouldn't be vast.... relative
to the deltas between -07 and -08 ;)   i think the "bunch of people"
you refer to should be the wglc reviewers.  i don't mind others
also reviewing, but i don't want this to become yet another wglc on
this draft (we've had two in as many years!).  we need to move the
I-D forward so we can get a RFC that can get some implementation
experience.

kevin