Subject: [Sip] Boss-Secretary functionalities over SIP

From: "Pianigiani, Jacopo (Jacopo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 18:09:59 +0100

Hi all,
I am looking for an overview on SIP of the classic PABX Boss-Secretary functionality from the high level call flow perspective.
Does anyone know where I could find this ? 
thanks in advance and kind regards

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Paul Pepper" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 16:21:26 -0000

Hi,

There are various ways of offering a 'Boss-Secretary' feature. The
simplest, which we can call shared-line-monitor, would involve using the
dialog event package (see
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/04aug/I-D/draft-ietf-sipping-dialog-pack
age-04.txt) to show the status of the monitored (the boss's) line. The
SIP service examples ID
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-service-examples
-07.txt) takes this a step further in its 'Single Line Extension'
example, by letting another user join a monitored call.

A more popular requirement, in my experience, permits shared lines/AORs
to be 'seized' by any one of the users that have registered against that
AOR. Seizing a line effectively involves obtaining a mutex on the shared
line resource so that no other user can make a call out on that instance
of the AOR. This has a number of benefits when it comes to managing
calls on the shared line. The ID 'Implementing Bridged Line Appearances
Using Session Initiation Protocol' makes use of the dialog event package
to provide the line seize feature
(http://ietfreport.isoc.org/all-ids/draft-anil-sipping-bla-01.txt) -
this draft has now expired, but an updated version should be out soon.

Paul.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Pianigiani, Jacopo (Jacopo)
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 5:10 PM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [Sip] Boss-Secretary functionalities over SIP

Hi all,
I am looking for an overview on SIP of the classic PABX Boss-Secretary
functionality from the high level call flow perspective.
Does anyone know where I could find this ? 
thanks in advance and kind regards