Subject: [Sip] RE: Comments regarding the reason in draft-ietf-sip-history-info- 04

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:55:08 -0500

Hi Sebastien,
 
I think the need for these specific reasons depends upon how you implement
your voicemail service.  I think what you perhaps might need in these
situations, such as the "call forwarding immediate", is extensions to the
Reason header as discussed in draft-elwell-sipping-redirection-reason-01.
 
I don't think this is something that should at all be addressed in the
history-info draft, which is just one the proposed building blocks for
providing voicemail services. 
 
Mary 

-----Original Message-----
From: PROUVOST Sebastien RD-CORE-ISS
[mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2004 2:36 AM
To: Barnes, Mary [NGC:B601:EXCH]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Comments regarding the reason in draft-ietf-sip-history-info-04

Hi Mary, 

One comment on the history draft regarding the reason in history-info
header.

Section 4.3.3.1.2 mentions that for retarget as a result of timeouts of
internal events, a Reason MAY be associated with the hi-targeted-to-uri.

I think that 2 specific values of the reason header shall be specified by
the draft as they are necessary to voicemail services (for example in order
to render to the caller an annonce associated with the reason such as "the
user you are calling is not responding" or "the user you are trying to
contact is not available (registered) at the moment") : 

        - a value for timeout (reason = 'no response' for example) 
        - a value for direct retargeting to a default contact URI or to
another AoR (reason = 'call forwarding immediate' for example).

I am therefore in favour of adding a text looking like this : 
" 
As a result of timeouts of internal events, a Reason MAY be associated with
the hi-targeted-to-uri. Although other values may be possible this draft
defines two values for the Reason in such cases : 

- Reason ='no response' when the retargeting occurs after timeout 
- Reason = 'call forwarding immediate' when the proxy directly retargets to
a default contact URI or to another AoR 
" 

Sébastien 

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip