Subject: RE: [Sip] -resource-priority-05.txt: Comments and Recommendation s (1)

From: "Corey Alexander" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:32:17 -0500

It's not.  This was one of my questions to you Tuesday, which I shared in my
post.  Given my perspective at the time, I saw this as an alternative to
passing multiple namespace/priority values in a single message.  After
speaking with you, I understood that there may be instances where multiple
values are perfectly acceptable.  This does not rule out such a mapping -
I'd argue that they will have to be defined when implementing this header,
if it will be able to pass across namespace boundaries - but as everyone is
stating, such mappings should not be defined with the header.

Corey W. Alexander

-----Original Message-----
From: James M. Polk [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2004 1:01 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Alexander, Corey [NGD:X262:EXCH];
[email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Sip] -resource-priority-05.txt: Comments and Recommendations
(1)

Where is "mapping between namespaces" specified in the document now?

I do not believe there is such a sentence/comment/statement, and there 
should not be one, so why was this brought up?

At 03:22 PM 11/12/2004 -0500, [email-masked] wrote:
>In a message dated 11/12/2004 11:58:14 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>[email-masked] writes:
>
>
>>Can we just add a sentence to the draft saying mapping between 
>>namespaces
>>is out of scope and it should be addressed separately?
>
>
>Yes, such a statement would be fine, but it should be along with a
>statement that all interrelationship between namespaces is out of scope.
>
>Mike
>_______________________________________________
>Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
>This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
>Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip Use 
>[email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

cheers,
James

                                *******************
                 Truth is not to be argued... it is to be presented

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip