Subject: [Sip] private correspondance

From: "Ken Carlberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 09:37:50 -0500

my apologies for the non-technical comment, and perhaps this thread should go
to the IETF list if there are responses.

private comments to authors is as we all know a time honored tradition in the
IETF.  its very beneficial in lowering the signal-to-noise ratio for minor
comments, word-smithing, and conveying the opinions of those people that are
either shy or feel that privacy will help clarify things.

however, private comments as a *primary and consistent* form of input to
authors leading to *significant* changes is detrimental and contrary to the
open process of the IETF.  It contributes to confusion for those on the list
and can be regressive and unnecesarily delays progression of a draft.

I ask that people keep this in mind and not send private comments beyond
clarification or word-smithing.

cheers,

-ken

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip