Subject: [Sip] Comment on draft-ietf-sip-location-conveyance-00

From: "Elwell, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:18:52 +0100

James, Brian,

In section 9 (special provisions for emergency calls) it states:

"In the case where the Proxy knows the location of the UAC and does not
detect the UAC's location information message body in the message (or
determines the LO is bad), the Proxy generates a new 4XX (Retry Location
Body) error message that includes a location information message body for
that UAC to include in the subsequent message.  The user agent MUST include
this message body in the subsequent emergency message."

This places a new requirement on the UAC, which will not be met by UACs that
are not compliant to this document. It seems emergency calls from such UACs
will fail.

Regards,

John

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip