Subject: Re: [Sip] Comments on Resource Priority -08 (new labels)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 10:19:07 EDT

In a message dated 6/6/2005 3:51:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [email-masked] 
writes:

> It doesn't say that, I don't think. It says that since the DSN  
> namespace is registered with IANA and it has certain properties, If  
> those properties change the IANA registration either has to change,  
> or at least some IETF-sanctioned expert review should determine if  
> the change is safe. Seems perfectly appropriate and such language is  
> used for all sorts of IANA registrations by non-IETF groups. There's  
> nothing special about the U.S. DoD in that sense.
> 

I would be happy with text that says this. The current text says 

      New priority-values
      MUST NOT be added to any previously IANA-registered list
      associated with a particular namespace,

Mike Pierce
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 13:51:56 -0400

I plan to revert to SHOULD NOT unless somebody raises issues that  
force a MUST NOT. I think such addition is sufficiently unlikely that  
we cannot anticipate the concrete cases that may or may not arise and  
their issues. The review process required for registration would then  
be able to illuminate any interoperability problems.

On Jun 9, 2005, at 10:19 AM, [email-masked] wrote:

> In a message dated 6/6/2005 3:51:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,  
> [email-masked] writes:
>
>