Subject: Re: [Sip] Asking a B2BUA to add a party

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 16:22:06 -0500

At 03:44 PM 7/26/2005 -0500, Baniel Uri-CUB001 wrote:
>Say a UA A talks with UA B via B2BUA X. A wants to add an additional 
>party, UA C to the call.
>A wants to "ask" X to initiate the addition of C to the call. I can think 
>of INFO or NOTIFY (w/ implicit subscription) sent from A to X as the 
>simplest way to trigger the necessary action in X. It might be even the 
>method MESSAGE with some text which is meaningful to X...

A sends an INV to C, sending the message at X (perhaps with a Route header 
of X). This might be the normal operation A, btw - based on a Service Route 
in the 200 OK Response to its REGISTER Request. Normally, X will forward 
the INV to C (being a B2BUA, this will look like X did this from C's pov).

The question you have to determine is where does the RTP go? In other 
words, what is the 3-way bridge element for these merged streams? A? or an 
external element like a DSP? It isn't going to be X.

If it's A, then there doesn't need to be anything special in the INV, and 
the SDP from A indicates A as the IP address for C's RTP stream to be set 
up to.

If it's a DSP, B needs to be reINVITEd to this DSP too.

>Is anyone aware of more "standardize" (but simple) way to accomplish that? 
>In general I am asking about a SIP standardized way for a SIP element A to 
>ask another SIP element B to perform an action, which is related to an 
>existing dialog(s), without the need to use an additional protocol.
>
>Thx
>-uri (Baniel)
>
>_______________________________________________
>Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
>This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
>Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
>Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

cheers,
James

                                 *******************
                 Truth is not to be argued... it is to be presented.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip