Subject: [Sip] updated target dialog spec

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 11:12:45 -0400

Folks,

I've submitted an update to the target dialog header field spec. Until 
it appears in the archives, you can pick up a copy at:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-sip-target-dialog-01.txt

The changes from the previous version are:

* alignment with latest gruu best practices
* recommending target dialog with REFER, but not kpml; the previous spec 
had described its usage with kpml and dialog-event, but the latter two 
carry dialog info in the event header field, making it redundant. List 
discussion had concluded to limit usage of target-dialog to cases where 
it wasn't otherwise present
* updated call flows accordingly

There are no open issues that I am aware of, and I believe that the 
draft is ready for WGLC.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Director, Service Provider VoIP Architecture   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip