Subject: [Sip] tschofenig-sip-saml-04

From: "Cullen Jennings" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 12:30:48 +0200

Passing assertion and artifacts optimize different things. I completely
agree with the draft and we need to be able to do both. The biggest problem
seem to be how to bind this to the rest of the SIP message. Let me split
this into three cases

1) End to end
2) End to middle
3) middle to middle or end

In case 1, end to end, one way the binding can be done using the Identity
mechanism and putting the assertion or artifact in the body. The Identity
provides integrity binding to these rest of the message.

Case 2 is like case 1 but you might want a header like the end to middle
work has defined so that all the middles do not need to read all the bodies.

Case 3 seems like an age old discussion on having proxies add bodies. We
have never really figured out how to solve it. At first glance it seems like
just adding artifacts in headers might solve this case but it still runs
into the problems with binding and understanding tampering and cut and
paste. All seems hard yet many of the use cases could be solved with just
case 1 or perhaps 2.

Perhaps we should proceed with figuring out case 1 without yet having a
solution for 3.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip