Subject: [Sip] MGCP to SIP Interworking?

From: Rahul Joshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:08:23 +0530

Is there any standard/draft for interworking between MGCP and SIP?  I am 
specifically looking for how to map MGCP error messages e.g. NACK's to 
CRCX to  SIP error codes. Any pointers in this regards would be help.

Regards.
-Rahul.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Anil Jangam <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 15:28:00 +0530

> CRCX to  SIP error codes. Any pointers in this regards would be help.
There is no any standard as such, which addresses the SIP-MGCP 
interworking. Ususally this is a function of your application (e.g. 
MGC/IWF) to perform the interworking. However you can think of using either:

   1. Use the SIP Info method to carry the call related events.
   2. Use of Invite and its responses (180 and 200) to carry the SDP and
      Event related data.

The application of this two approaches is of course a topic for 
discussiion. We can get more inputs from the community.

/anil.

-- 
Regards,
  /anil.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Anil Jangam                      Persistent Systems Pvt.Ltd.
[email-masked]     Panini, 2A, Senapati Bapat Road,
tel: 91-20-2570 3764             Pune: 411 016.
fax: 91-20-2567 6701             India.
      91-20-2570 3701
-----------------------------------------------------------------