Subject: [Sip] New version draft-ietf-sip-outbound-00

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 20:06:36 -0400

Until it shows up in the repository, it can't connect to you but you can
connect to it with the link below:

http://scm.sipfoundry.org/rep/ietf-drafts/fluffy/draft-ietf-sip-outbound-00.
html
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Francois Audet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 19:54:50 -0500

Hi Cullen, Rohan,

Looks good.

Some minor comments:

- You explain briefly where the 500-600s come from in section 4.2, and
also the 
  25-30s.

- I would use something more explicit that "stun" for the URI parameter
name. 
  Perhaps something like "sip-stun" or something similar. This is to
avoid people 
  confusing it with the "normal" STUN server used for media.

- In section 7, the wording seems to imply that the support for STUN on
a SIP UDP
  signalling port is mandatory, which is not acceptable. I don't believe
that all 
  registrars will want to support a native SIP-STUN server. Furthermore,
  one may decide that if sip-outbound  connections (e.g., for NAT) are
supported, 
  then the UA would have to do TCP. The Registrar or Proxy needs to be
able to NOT
  support SIP-STUN. I think this is the point of the stun URI parameter,
but the
  wording is a little ambiguous.

- On that same point, I'd like to clarify the stun URI parameter.
  Is this for the Request-URI that would be sent to the Registrar?
Something
  like sip:example.com;stun? If this is the case, then the fact that the
registrar
  uses the stun parameter as part of it's request-URI would mean that it
supports 
  a SIP-STUN server. Some more details and an example would help.

Cheer.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Cullen Jennings
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2005 17:07
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sip] New version draft-ietf-sip-outbound-00

http://scm.sipfoundry.org/rep/ietf-drafts/fluffy/draft-ietf-sip-outbound
-00.html