Subject: [Sip] comments on draft-ietf-sip-refer-feature-param

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 07:51:01 -0400

> SIP Working Group                                               O. Levin
> Internet-Draft                                     Microsoft Corporation
> Updates: 3515 (if approved)                                  A. Johnston

I don't think this really updates 3515, in the same way we've not 
characterized any of the SIP extensions as updating RFC 3261.

> Target capabilities and functionality to the REFER-Recipient by
>    including feature tags in the Refer-To header field in a REFER
>    request.

s/feature tags/feature parameters

Some other suggestions:

* I think there should be some text up front that describes the ways in 
which the refer-issuer knows the capabilities of the refer-target

* The security considerations section talks about including only useful 
feature parameters in the Refer-To; I think you need to spend some more 
time in the body of the document describing what this means, and how you 
figure out what is relevant

-Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Director, Service Provider VoIP Architecture   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip