Subject: [Sip] modify content-type in the answer

From: "Xi Tang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 13:54:35 +0800

Hi all sip experts, I have a question about modify content-type, if I
receive an offer, can I modify content-type in the answer?

If we can not, can I modify it in the UPDATE message's content-type
during early dialog? Thanks!

>>Register now for BEA World 2006 --- See http://www.bea.com/beaworld<<
_______________________________________________________________________
Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain
information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated
entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or
legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient,
and have received this message in error, please immediately return this
by email and then delete it.
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Brett Tate" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 09:00:07 -0400

> I have a question about modify content-type, if I 

The content-type is for this individual request or response.  Thus it
has no direct relation to content-type within other requests or
response.  However checking contents of a received Accept header
provides indication of what content-type values are supported.

For instance, it is acceptable for INVITE to contain content-type
application/sdp and 200 response to contain a multipart body which also
contains application/sdp if INVITE indicated multipart support.

> If we can not, can I modify it in the UPDATE 
> message's content-type during early dialog?

See above.  

And as an fyi, questions related to existing SIP RFCs should usually be
directed to sip-implementors.

https://lists.cs.columbia.edu/mailman/listinfo/sip-implementors