Subject: [Sip] Comments on draft-ietf-sip-acr-code-02

From: "Drage, Keith \(Keith\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 12:32:28 +0200

I have reviewed the entire draft.

1)	In section 3, I wondered if it would be appropriate to have a
couple more key statements of when it does not apply. 

For example, if we are using RFC 4474, and the recipient of the SIP
request has received the identity but has been unable to obtain the
certificate for the identity, then the proposed 433 response code is
inappropriate, and indeed RFC 4474 specifies response codes for this
situation, which should always be used in preference.

2)	Section 3. 

   o  The request contained a Privacy header field whose value was 'id'
      [3] or 'user'.  This explicitly excludes the 'header' and
      'session' privacy services, since those do not directly convey the
      identity of the requestor.

I have noted the ongoing discussion on this, and certainly my
interpretation was that the "header" value in the Privacy header could
cover the P-Asserted-Identity header. However I think we should avoid
that this draft attempts to fix unclear specification in RFC 3323 and
(and possibly RFC 3325). I would therefore suggest that we strike the
offending words.

3)	Section 4.

This section seems to be the one that should talk about dialog usage.
While identities are usefully provided in the initial transaction in a
dialog, there is nothing that prevents them being exchanged in later
transactions, and indeed for the support of some services it is
necessary, as the identity will have changed. 

The document should indicate the effect of receiving a 433 response to a
request sent within an existing dialog, where the implementation does
support this extension, which I assume should be the defauly 4xx
response treatment.

Regards

Keith 

Keith Drage
Lucent Technologies
[email-masked]
tel: +44 1793 776249

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Jesske, R" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 08:30:45 +0200

1)agreed
2)agreed and the other points should be mentioned as examples how anonymity is understand
3) What effect you expect?

BR

Roland

> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: Drage, Keith (Keith) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Gesendet: Montag, 18. September 2006 12:32
> An: [email-masked]
> Betreff: [Sip] Comments on draft-ietf-sip-acr-code-02
> 
>