Subject: [sip] handling ACK for 2xx response in proxy??

From: KevinKuei <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 12:06:08 +0800

Hello all,

In RFC3261 sec.16, is there anywhere talking about stateful proxy handling ACK??
Since ACK for 2xx response is not send thru transaction, it should not be
received by server transaction in proxy. Is that correct?? then.. how proxy
core got ACK??

--
Kevin Kuei

----------------------------------------------------------------
This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 16:35:37 +0530

Comments inline...

Thanks,
Nataraju A B

-----Original Message-----
From: KevinKuei [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 9:36 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [sip] handling ACK for 2xx response in proxy??

Hello all,

In RFC3261 sec.16, is there anywhere talking about stateful proxy
handling ACK??
Since ACK for 2xx response is not send thru transaction, it should not
be received by server transaction in proxy. Is that correct?? then.. how
proxy core got ACK??

[ABN] the ACK message received by proxy would always be statelessly
forwarded to downstream. This does not mean that a transaction is
created for handling the ACK message. ACK message sent to TPT
directly(by ua/proxy core) and received by core directly from TPT.

--
Kevin Kuei

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by
MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.