Subject: [Sip] Protocol Action: 'Obtaining and Using Globally Routable User Agent (UA) URIs (GRUU) in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 10:56:40 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Obtaining and Using Globally Routable User Agent (UA) URIs (GRUU) in 
   the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) '
   <draft-ietf-sip-gruu-15.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Session Initiation Protocol Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact person is Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-gruu-15.txt

Technical Summary 

Several applications of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
require a user agent (UA) to construct and distribute a URI 
that can be used by anyone on the Internet to route a call to
that specific UA instance. A URI that  routes to a specific 
UA instance is called a Globally Routable UA URI (GRUU). 
This document describes an extension to SIP for obtaining 
a GRUU from a registrar and for communicating a GRUU to 
a peer within a dialog. 

Working Group Summary 

The document complements work already performed in RFC 4474 for 
authenticated request identity, and forms an integral part of the
chartered  work in this area. There is consensus in the working 
group to publish this document. 

Document Quality 

The document has been well discussed by a significant number of
members of the working group. 

Personnel 

The document shepherd for this document was Keith Drage. The responsible
Area Director was Cullen Jennings.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip