Subject: [Sip] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-sip-media-security-requirements-00

From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 15:00:12 -0400

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-sip-media-security-requirements-00.txt has been successfuly submitted by Hannes Tschofenig and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-sip-media-security-requirements
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Requirements and Analysis of Media Security Key Management Protocols
; Proxy receives a =
registration, it needs to create an identifier value</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp; that is unique to =
this flow (and not a subsequent flow with the same</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">&nbsp;&nbsp; addresses) and put =
this identifier in the Path header URI.&quot;</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I presume that reason that subsequent =
connections between identical addresses are treated as different flows =
is that the remote address and port may have been reallocated to a =
different device.&nbsp; Therefore, after a connection failure, a request =
to the UA routed using the flow identifier could go to a different =
device.&nbsp; Is this text trying to protect against this unusual =
situation (which would be rejected by the UA), or is there a rather more =
practical reason for blurring the layers?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Why should a recovered connection be =
viewed differently from a previous one, as long as the UA is still =
contactable over that flow?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Many thanks,</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Jonathan</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C80438.13CDB103--

--===============0465269911==
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip
--===============0465269911==--