Subject: [Sip] sigcomp-id parameter creation at proxy

From: "Ravi S" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 23:08:38 +0530

The draft, draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-sip-08.txt does not have call flows
(Ofcourse, I know its Standards Track draft) . So I was not able to
understand
when a UE or Proxy creates the remote application identifier and adds
sigcomp-id to SIP URI or Via header.

Can anyone explain if my understanding is correct with respect to the
following
call flow.

Both Alice & Bob belong to same proxy example.com. But Alice is not
compliant
to draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-sip (It will not create remote application
identifier).

1. Alice registers with example.com.  Now remote application identifier will
   not be available at example.com, hence the proxy willFrom [email-masked] Wed Oct 03 05:49:11 2007
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 23:08:38 +0530
From: "Ravi S" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: 
Subject: [Sip] sigcomp-id parameter creation at proxy
The draft, draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-sip-08.txt does not have call flows
(Ofcourse, I know its Standards Track draft) . So I was not able to
understand
when a UE or Proxy creates the remote application identifier and adds
sigcomp-id to SIP URI or Via header.

Can anyone explain if my understanding is correct with respect to the
following
call flow.

Both Alice & Bob belong to same proxy example.com. But Alice is not
compliant
to draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-sip (It will not create remote application
identifier).

1. Alice registers with example.com.  Now remote application identifier will
   not be available at example.com, hence the proxy willFrom [email-masked] Wed Oct 03 05:49:11 2007
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 23:08:38 +0530
From: "Ravi S" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: 
Subject: [Sip] sigcomp-id parameter creation at proxy
The draft, draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-sip-08.txt does not have call flows
(Ofcourse, I know its Standards Track draft) . So I was not able to
understand
when a UE or Proxy creates the remote application identifier and adds
sigcomp-id to SIP URI or Via header.

Can anyone explain if my understanding is correct with respect to the
following
call flow.

Both Alice & Bob belong to same proxy example.com. But Alice is not
compliant
to draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-sip (It will not create remote application
identifier).

1. Alice registers with example.com.  Now remote application identifier will
   not be available at example.com, hence the proxy will create one based on
   the source IP and Port.  How does the proxy ensure that the same
sigcomp-id
   will be used for the next message from Alice?  Will it always use source
IP
   and Port as a remote application identifier?

2. Bob registers with example.com. It will carry a valid remote application
   identifier in sigcomp-id parameter of Via header and SIP URI of Contact
   header (Created by Bob).  The proxy will use the same identifier. Is this
   correct?

          --Ravi

--
Coming Soon: Signature 2.0 (Beta)
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip