Subject: [Sip] Question on draft-urpalainen-sip-xcap-diff-event-03

From: Avshalom Houri <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 14:06:54 +0200

Suppose that the subscribe request contains only a single node
selector (a <list> with only one <entry> with a node selector URI).
Is the server always expected to respond with an <xcap-diff>
document that contains an <element> showing the full content of the
subscribed node?

Also, when there is a change in the subscribed node, what would
the <xcap-diff> in the NOTIFY look like?

--Avshalom

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Jari Urpalainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 15:35:52 +0200

> document that contains an <element> showing the full content of the
Right. If you have read privilege and the node exists the full content 
is shown.
> the <xcap-diff> in the NOTIFY look like?
The same thing, the full content of the subscribed node (== ~ similar 
content if xcap get with node selector were used). Patching of these 
node contents seems _unnecessary _ complex (i.e. if you were asking 
about it)
br, Jari