Subject: RE: [Sip] Can a transaction stateless proxy support Outbound draft? Ifyes, how will the response be sent back the UA behind NAT

From: "Attila Sipos" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 14:51:01 -0000

I think a stateless proxy CAN support outbound.

As long as the stateless proxy can store registrations (well, what's the
point if it can't) then it can keep up a flow back to any registering
UA.

When it comes to routing a request to a registered UA, it will route it
using the establiashed flow.  For requests from the registered UA, the
responses will be routed back to the UA using the established flow.

Can you see a problem with this?  It seems like it should work to me.

Regards,
Attila

-----Original Message-----
From: Karthikeyan Gopal , TLS-Chennai [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 15 November 2007 08:06
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sip] Can a transaction stateless proxy support Outbound draft?
Ifyes, how will the response be sent back the UA behind NAT

Hi All,
    Can a transaction stateless proxy support Outbound draft? If yes,
how will the response be sent back the UA behind NAT?
Thanks & Regards,
Karthikeyan.G

DISCLAIMER:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and
intended for the named recipient(s) only.
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its
affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely
those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL
or its affiliates.
Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure,
modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without
the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it
and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any mail and
attachments please check them for viruses and defect.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol Use
[email-masked] for questions on current sip Use
[email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 17:13:48 +0200

> For requests from the registered UA, the

  That is not possible if we limit to the draft.
  Normal responses use the information in the Via header, and to use  
the flow we need a flow token (that is not available in the Via)...

Sergio