Subject: [Sip] draft-drage-sip-essential-correction-02.txt

From: "DRAGE, Keith \(Keith\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 17:25:18 +0100

I have submitted a new version of 

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-drage-sip-essential-correction
-02.txt

This is the living document that provides the process for corrections to
the SIP RFCs.

I have added three things to the previous version:

-	a naming convention for drafts using this process, i.e. to
include "-fix" in the filename. This is being followed by many of the
drafts already.

-	a link to the web page giving details of the documents currently
in the process.

-	a new section for drafts to list the normative requirements
outside (and in addition to) the section structure documentation that is
already in the document. In doing this I have listed it as an open issue
and would welcome feedback as to whether this the correct wording or
not, or whether anything else needs to be stated.

Regards

Keith

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 12:32:19 -0600

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-drage-sip-essential-correction
[...]
> -	a link to the web page giving details of the documents currently

Keith: Would the SIP ABNF IPv6 fix draft qualify?
   (http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gurbani-sip-ipv6-abnf-fix-00)
Need to discuss this in WG.

> not, or whether anything else needs to be stated.

The template you give essentially follows the sections enumerated
in http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sparks-sip-invfix-00.  As a
means of codifying information, it seems reasonable.  Also, if
you eyeball the three other -fix drafts besides invfix-00 (i.e.,
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sip-record-route-fix,
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sip-fork-loop-fix, and
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gurbani-sip-ipv6-abnf-fix-00)
they essentially follow the same template anyway.

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
2701 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9F-546, Lisle, Illinois 60532 (USA)
Email: vkg@{alcatel-lucent.com,bell-labs.com,acm.org}
WWW:   http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/bell-labs