Subject: [Sip] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-sip-consent-framework-03

From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 10:12:49 -0500

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-sip-consent-framework-03.txt has been successfuly submitted by Gonzalo Camarillo and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-sip-consent-framework
Revision:	 03
Title:		 A Framework for Consent-based Communications in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
Creation_date:	 2007-11-13
WG ID:		 sip
Number_of_pages: 31

Abstract:
The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) supports communications across
many media types, including real-time audio, video, text, instant
messaging, and presence.  In its current form, it allows session
invitations, instant messages, and other requests to be delivered
from one party to another without requiring explicit consent of the
recipient.  Without such consent, it is possible for SIP to be used
for malicious purposes, including amplification, and DoS (Denial of
Service) attacks.  This document identifies a framework for consent-
based communications in SIP.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip