Subject: [Sip] SIP Location Conveyance revved (-09)

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 14:56:11 -0600

I've submitted a new version of SIP Location Conveyance
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-location-conveyance-09.txt

This version has the following changes:

- clarified that the "inserted-by=", "used-for-routing" and 
"recipient=" parameters within the Geolocation header are independent 
of each other, and not replacements (i.e., that only one can be in the header)

- made "inserted-by=" a mandatory header parameter.  This is because 
there is a comparable header for errors that needs this parameter's 
value. I'll mention that in a bit.

- With Robert Spark's help, changed the ABNF of the Geolocation-Error header.

- Geolocation-Error header now includes an "inserter=" header, which 
is copied from the "inserted-by=" header from the Geolocation header 
in a request.  This identifies which location inserter (because there 
can be more than one) inserted a location the Location Recipient 
concluded had bad location information.

- Also added the ability for a Geolocation-Error header to contain a 
list of civic CAtypes (that were in the PIDF-LO location) that the 
Location Recipient considered bad.  State that the CAtype values MUST 
NOT be included, just the CAtypes.  This, coupled with the redone 
Error codes, tells the location "inserter=" what specifically was 
wrong with the location it put into the SIP request.

- fixed all the examples of the Geolocation-Errors

- split out an error handling subsection within each of UAC Behavior, 
UAS Behavior and Proxy Behavior sections, for clarity.

I believe there is one remaining open issue, and that is the 
"recipient=" parameter, of which - there is an active thread of this 
on the SIP list right now.  I believe it is flawed as is, some don't, 
and I'm looking for input into this Geolocation header parameter.

comments are welcome and encouraged

James & Brian

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip