Subject: [Sip] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-sip-dtls-srtp-framework-00

From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 00:59:15 -0500

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-sip-dtls-srtp-framework-00.txt has been successfuly submitted by Jason Fischl and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-sip-dtls-srtp-framework
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Framework for Establishing an SRTP Security Context using DTLS
Creation_date:	 2007-11-12
WG ID:		 sip
Number_of_pages: 28

Abstract:
This document specifies how to use the Session Initiation Protocol
(SIP) to establish an Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP)
security context using the Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS)
protocol.  It describes a mechanism of transporting a fingerprint
attribute in the Session Description Protocol (SDP) that identifies
the key that will be presented during the DTLS handshake.  It relies
on the SIP identity mechanism to ensure the integrity of the
fingerprint attribute.  The key management exchange travels along the
media path as opposed to the signaling path.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip