Subject: [Sip] domain-certs and sip-eku drafts

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 09:49:02 -0600

Folks: At the Chicago IETF, the work being done in domain-certs was
chartered as WG item.  Based on AD feedback since then, we have divided
domain-certs into two drafts:

   draft-ietf-sip-domain-certs and
   draft-ietf-sip-eku

-00 versions of these drafts are now available in the archive.

draft-ietf-sip-domain-certs-00 goes beyond RFC3261 to describe how
to use identities in X.509 certificates and perform mutual
authentication between two SIP domains.

draft-ietf-sip-eku defines an extended key usage extension
that identifies the holder of the certificate as authoritative
for a SIP service in a domain (the material split out from
domain-certs and put in sip-eku draft has been reviewed extensively
by PKIX WG.)

draft-ietf-sip-eku appears to have made it to the IETF archive
(see http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-eku-00.txt).

draft-ietf-sip-domain-certs-00 appears to be stuck somewhere in
the automated IETF I-D submission tool.  Until that is sorted out,
you can get a copy from:
https://svn.resiprocate.org/rep/ietf-drafts/gurbani/domain-certs/draft-ietf-sip-domain-certs-00.txt
https://svn.resiprocate.org/rep/ietf-drafts/gurbani/domain-certs/draft-ietf-sip-domain-certs-00.html

Please review these drafts and let us know of any feedback and
comments.

Thanks.

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
2701 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9F-546, Lisle, Illinois 60532 (USA)
Email: vkg@{alcatel-lucent.com,bell-labs.com,acm.org}
WWW:   http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/bell-labs

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip