Subject: [Sip] If the registrar and presence server and proxy are co-located, how will the Presence Server send out NOTIFY in case of Outbound

From: "Karthikeyan Gopal , TLS-Chennai" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 12:10:03 +0530

Hi All,

      Registration is done with Registrar as per the outbound draft.

Binding will be created in Registrar based on instance_id and AOR.

If we send SUBSCRIBE how the Presence Server will send Notify back?

Bcoz, the Presence Server will try to send NOTIFY based on the contact
header of SUBSCRIBE. But this contact has NO info about the instance-id.

But the fd is stored against the instance-id. 

How will the NOTIFY be sent out?

Thanks & Regards,

Karthikeyan

DISCLAIMER:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only.
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in 
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of 
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have 
received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any mail and 
attachments please check them for viruses and defect.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip