Subject: [Sip] new SIP-XMPP list

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 08:55:09 -0600

FYI, some folks who want to better define interworking between SIP and
XMPP have started an informal discussion list. You can subscribe via
either of the following URLs:

   http://mail.jabber.org/mailman/listinfo/sip-xmpp

   mailto:[email-masked]

The intended outcome of these efforts is a full set of I-Ds that define
mappings for addresses, presence, "pager mode" messages, 1-to-1 chat
sessions (via MSRP on the SIP side), multiparty chat sessions (via MSRP
on the SIP side and MUC on the XMPP side), multimedia sessions (via
Jingle on the XMPP side), and eventually even features like file
transfer, notifications, and device capabilities.

We may also request a BOF at a future IETF meeting for the purpose of
forming a working group or exploratory group (in accordance with RFC
5111). However, that is yet to be determined. Right now we're just
hashing out some of the issues involved with interworking, so if you
have an interest in the topic, feel free to join the list.

Thanks!

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip