Subject: [Sip] Update of draft-ietf-sip-ua-privacy

From: Mayumi Munakata <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 19:39:14 +0900

All;

I have updated ua-privacy draft.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-ua-privacy-02.txt

Changes between -01 and -02 are as follows:

1) Incorporated the result at the last meeting

Depending on whether SIP-Identity is applied or not,
>From header can be set as [email-masked]
or anonymous@{user's domain name}.

2) Modified the expression of "new mechanism"
   to "best current practice"

I use the expression "best current practice" in Abstract
and Introduction because SIP charter says it is BCP.
Is it better to use the term of "guideline" and proceed
the draft as informational?

3) Deleted the Requirement section

All the requirements seemed to be too obvious.
(UA MUST anonymize a SIP message by itself,
the backward compatibility MUST be secured.)

4) Deleted citations from RFC3323

Since this draft does not intend to replace RFC3323,
but defines UA-driven anonymization separately, it does
not have to include the same description with RFC3323.

5) Organized the text in Sec 4
   (Treatment of Privacy-Sensitive Information).

Overall treatment of privacy-sensitive information, and
how to obtaining functional anonymous URI and IP address
using GRUU and TURN are shown.

6) Resolved FFS items in Sec 5 (User Agent Behavior)

Added instructions to treat each SIP headers such as
Contact, From, and Via as well as SDP and host name.

The editors realized that the indication of anonymization
using this UA-driven privacy mechanism was not necessary.

At the last meeting, we discussed the privacy-sensitivity
of domain name in From header, and the result was that
domain name was not essential privacy information.

In that case, intermediaries do not add any privacy-sensitive
information that is essential, except for P-Asserted-Identity.
  (UA can request to delete the P-A-ID before it is forwarded
   to the other UA by using the existing privacy mechanism,
   Privacy:id.)
Therefore, UA does not have to request intermediaries not to
add any extra information to the already-anonymized message.

The editors believe that there is no remaining issues.

Thanks,

Mayumi
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip