Subject: [Sip] FW: [Geopriv] Fwd: I-DAction:draft-ietf-geopriv-sip-lo-retransmission-00.txt

From: "DRAGE, Keith \(Keith\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 17:54:34 +0200

(As SIP WG cochair)
 
The mail below relates to the issue that is currently holding
draft-ietf-sip-location-conveyance.
 
If you wish to express an opinion on this issue, please respond on the
GEOPRIV list with your views.
 
regards
 
Keith

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Robert Sparks
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 4:41 PM
To: GEOPRIV
Subject: [Geopriv] Fwd:
I-DAction:draft-ietf-geopriv-sip-lo-retransmission-00.txt

Folks - 

Please give this document your careful attention as soon as you
reasonably can.

If you agree with what's here, please say so on-list.
If there's something you aren't comfortable with yet, bring that to the
list ASAP.

Thanks,

RjS

Begin forwarded message:

	From: [email-masked]
	Date: July 7, 2008 10:15:01 AM CDT
	To: [email-masked]
	Cc: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Geopriv] I-D
Action:draft-ietf-geopriv-sip-lo-retransmission-00.txt

	A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line
Internet-Drafts directories.
	This draft is a work item of the Geographic Location/Privacy
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Implications of <retransmission-allowed> for
SIP Location Conveyance
	Author(s)       : T. Hardie, et al.
	Filename        :
draft-ietf-geopriv-sip-lo-retransmission-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2008-07-03
	
	This document explores an ambiguity in the interpretation of the
	<retransmission-allowed> element of the Presence Information
Data
	Format for Location Objects (PIDF-LO) in cases where PIDF-LO is
	conveyed by the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).  It provides
	recommendations for how the SIP location conveyance mechanism
should
	adapt to these ambiguities.
	
	Documents standardizing the SIP location conveyance mechanisms
will
	be standards-track documents processed according to the usual
SIP
	process.  This document is intended primarily to provide the SIP
	working group with a statement of the consensus of the GEOPRIV
	working group on this topic.  It secondarily provides tutorial
	information on the problem space for the general reader.
	
	A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
	
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-sip-lo-retransmis
sion-00.txt
	
	Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
	ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
	
	Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
	implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of
the
	Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip