Subject: [Sip] sip to draft/interop report discussion

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 13:45:58 +0100

At today's SIP meeting, the room strongly felt that progressing parts  
of SIP to Draft standard is not helpful at this time.

We will continue discussion on whether to continue down the path we've  
been on for some time, maintaining SIP through the essential  
correction process or biting off the very large task of a SIP-bis.  
(Much of the room felt like a SIP-bis would be useful, but recognized  
the arguments we would have to have, and finding the people to do the  
editing work would be really difficult).

However that conversation goes, the room felt proceeding with the  
interoperability/implementation report was worth doing now. To that  
end, I'd like to ask again that everyone review the list of statements  
in the draft and make sure they're at the right level and complete.

I'm going to set up a series of calls in August/September to work on  
finishing the list of statements. If you have time to help, please  
send me a note, and preferably at least statement to add to the list  
(or refine one of the statements that are already there).

RjS
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 07:52:07 -0500

>editing work would be really difficult).

this was the question Ted started, but wasn't asked of the room, 
i.e., who has "some" time to help in writing this.  The question that 
was asked is "who has the cycles to write this", as if an editor was 
to be assigned today...

James

---

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 18:28:22 +0100

And I said, "yes," so there are more editors in the pool than the  
empty set.

[no empty suit jokes, please]

On Jul 29, 2008, at 1:52 PM, James M. Polk wrote:

> i.e., who has "some" time to help in writing this.  The question  
> that was asked is "who has the cycles to write this", as if an  
> editor was to be assigned today...
>
> James
>
>