Subject: [Sip] Status of domain-certs-01 and sip-eku-02

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 10:08:16 -0500

Folks: Scott and I have just released new versions of
domain-certs (-01) and sip-eku (-02).

Regarding sip-eku, Paul Hoffman from the PKIX WG has advised
us that we should probably NOT use EKU to indicate that the party
associated with this public key is an authorized SIP proxy for
the domain named in the certificate.  Instead, it has been
suggested that it will be cleaner to use a actual extension that
goes into the "extensions" field at the end of TBSCertificate
sequence.

Scott and I will be meeting Paul and others from the PKIX WG
to sort this out during the DUB IETF.  The changes that result
from this will be minor from the editing point of view, so we
will expeditiously get a new version out as soon as we agree
to the semantics.

In the meantime, the new versions of the drafts can be obtained
from:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-domain-certs-01.txt
and
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-eku-02.txt

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
2701 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9F-546, Lisle, Illinois 60532 (USA)
Email: vkg@{alcatel-lucent.com,bell-labs.com,acm.org}
WWW:   http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/bell-labs
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip