Subject: [Sip] draft-elwell-sip-e2e-identity-important-00 posted

From: "Elwell, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 17:05:59 +0100

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-elwell-sip-e2e-identity-import
ant-00.txt

During the long discussions on SIP Identity, some people have questioned
the need for end-to-end identity. This draft states why end-to-end
identity and end-to-end authentication are important.

John
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Dan York <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 14:41:14 -0400

John,

> identity and end-to-end authentication are important.

Excellent document.  Very useful in my opinion to help explain the  
overall issues.

My one comment would be that section 3 is titled "Why end-to-end  
identification is important" but it isn't really as much about WHY e2e  
identification is important but more showing various use cases where  
e2e identification fails (or succeeds but would be broken by RFC  
4474).  It might be better titled "Examples of identification  
transmission" or something similar.

Thanks for taking the time to write this,
Dan

-- 
Dan York, CISSP, Director of Emerging Communication Technology
Office of the CTO    Voxeo Corporation     [email-masked]
Phone: +1-407-455-5859  Skype: danyork  http://www.voxeo.com
Blogs: http://blogs.voxeo.com  http://www.disruptivetelephony.com

Build voice applications based on open standards.
Find out how at http://www.voxeo.com/free