Subject: [Sip] draft-polk-sip-location-get-00.txt submitted

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 13:39:14 -0500

This is a new ID creating the ability for a watcher to request, with 
a subscription, the geolocation of a presentity.  In keeping with 
existing consensus in both the SIP and Geopriv WGs, a new Event 
package is not to be created for this; but that the 'Presence' event 
package is to be used when subscribing for another PA's 
location.  Without a new set of filters, subscribing to the presence 
of another presentity would not yield its  location, because nothing 
currently exists specifying that location was sought.  This document 
defines these filters, and the surrounding semantics associated with 
this 'get' function.

This has been submitted into the SIP WG item because it extends SIP 
Location Conveyance. Conveyance discusses dereferecing a locationURI. 
The ability to request another PA's location is identical to how a 
locationURI is dereferenced. If SIP is going to be used to 
dereference a locationURI that was conveyed to it using Location 
Conveyance - this document defines how this is accomplish. There are 
both ECRIT and Geopriv documents that mandate this ability.

    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-polk-sip-location-get-00.txt
   "Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Location Get Function", James Polk,
   6-Jul-08, <draft-polk-sip-location-get-00.txt>

The abstract you included reads:

This document defines how a watcher seeks the geographic location
information from presentity.  SIP Location Conveyance defines how
location is sent from one entity to another unsolicited.  This
document specifies how a watcher, i.e., a Location Target, requests
for specific geolocation state information of a presentity, in
addition to the details within the subscription such as the format
(geo or civic) returned and the frequency of updated location from
the presentity.  

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip