Subject: [Sip] INFO Issue: Ignore Non-Supported Info Package Types

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 14:05:30 -0400

The text currently says that if one endpoint indicates it does not  
support an Info-Package, that endpoint is to ignore subsequent Info- 
Send headers sent by the other endpoint that continues to indicate  
support for that Info-Package.

On the one hand, this continual resending of an Info-Send offer does  
no harm, in that unless the recipient indicates support of that  
package, the sender will not send it.  Moreover, 
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 15:09:37 -0400

Aargh. Got truncated :-(  See below.

> package, the sender will not send it.  Moreover,
this enables later negotiation of package support. I suppose this  
could be useful if an endpoint did not want to receive a certain  
package until a certain point in the lifetime of the dialog.

On the other hand, if the sender does not stop sending Info-Send, the  
receiver has no way of knowing the sender understood the receiver's  
request to not receive INFO's from that package.
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip