Subject: [Sip] 199 issue: Support indicator solving 100rel issue?

From: "Christer Holmberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 12:37:08 +0200

Hi,

Based on some good reasons given by Brett in another thread, having an
199 support indicator (e.g. an option-tag) could acutally be a good
idea.

In addition I think such indicator could help to solve the
sending-199-unreliable-when-100rel-is-required issue. A UAC which
indicates support of 199 would have to be prepared to receive 199
unreliable, even if it has required 100rel.

(We could of course say that a UAC supporting 199 should never require
100rel in the first place, but there may reasons why the UAC wants to
require it for 18x responses, so...)

Regards,

Christer

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip