Subject: [Sip] Anti SPAM verification messages

From: "DRAGE, Keith \(Keith\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 17:02:32 +0200

(As WG cochair)

I notice some people have their email set up to respond with Anti SPAM
verification messages to unrecognised senders.

If you subscribe to the SIP list (or any other IETF list), it is your
responsibility to make sure you are able to receive messages from that
list without generating automatic responses to senders. While only the
original sender sees these, as I suspect postconfirm eliminates them
from the list posting itself, it is still annoying.

Consequently if this occurs repeatedly, we will set your subscription to
"nomail". I believe you can go back and change this yourself, but please
do so only after you have fixed the problem your end.

Now if you hadn't got this setup in the first place, we could mail you
and tell you about the problem, but I don't want anymore of your
verification requests.

Regards

Keith

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip