Subject: [Sip] keep parameter also for registered emergency calls?

From: "Christer Holmberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 12:36:39 +0200

Hi,

One of the use-cases for the keep parameter is non-registration
emergency calls, where Outbound can't be used even if supported.

However, a question has come up whether it could also be useful in
certain emergency use-cases WITH registration.

At least in 3GPP, when a UA performs an emergency registration, the
S-CSCF/registrar does not insert itself in the "path" (it does not
insert Service-Route), which means that the INVITE for the emergency
call will not traverse the S-CSCF. 

And, therefor the usage of Outbound is not needed, since there is no
idea of establishing multiple flows between the UA and the
S-CSCF/registrar.

So, in this case the keep parameter could be used by the UA and
P-CSCF/edge proxy to indicate support of keep-alive also for
registration emergency calls.

Regards,

Christer
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip