Subject: Re: [Sip] [SIP] Max no of non-invite pending transaction within a dialog

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 14:21:47 -0500

hanifa.mohammed wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> 1. Only one INVITE request may be pending within a dialog.  Else, 491 
> will be sent.
> 2. Only one non-INVITE request may be pending within a dialog (in one 
> direction): it is not possible to send UPDATE if no final response has 
> been received to PRACK.
> 
> Pl clarify whether the above points are right. Esp, the second point.

It is possible to have more than one non-invite transaction in progress, 
but it is usually unwise.

If they get out of order, so the 2nd arrives before the first, then the 
first will be rejected with a 500 response. There are a few cases where 
this is acceptable. But in most cases you would be well advised to 
restrict to one transaction at a time.

	Paul
_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip