Subject: [Sip] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC3261 (1682)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 13:33:29 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC3261,
"SIP: Session Initiation Protocol".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=3261&eid=1682

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Iñaki Baz Castillo <[email-masked]>

Section: 20.7

Original Text
-------------
Authorization: Digest username="Alice", realm="atlanta.com",
  nonce="84a4cc6f3082121f32b42a2187831a9e",
  response="7587245234b3434cc3412213e5f113a5432"

Corrected Text
--------------
Authorization: Digest username="Alice", realm="atlanta.com",
  nonce="84a4cc6f3082121f32b42a2187831a9e",
  response="7587245234b3434cc3412213e5f113a5"

Notes
-----
'response' field in original example has 35 hexadecimal characters while they must be 32:

  dresponse         =  "response" EQUAL request-digest
  request-digest    =  LDQUOT 32LHEX RDQUOT

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC3261 (draft-ietf-sip-rfc2543bis-09)
--------------------------------------
Title               : SIP: Session Initiation Protocol
Publication Date    : June 2002
Author(s)           : J. Rosenberg, H. Schulzrinne, G. Camarillo, A. Johnston, J. Peterson, R. Sparks, M. Handley, E. Schooler
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Session Initiation Protocol
Area                : Real-time Applications and Infrastructure
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG