Subject: [Sip] How do we adress this SDP issue in SIP

From: avinashkoneru <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 14:55:43 +0530

To SIP & SDP experts,

                               Iam having some doubts in RFC4566 (i.e
SDP)could you please explain them briefly

RFC 4566 PAGE 14

Hierarchical or layered encoding schemes are data streams where the encoding
from a single media source is split into a number of layers.

As per my understanding the above line says that  (Trade off between
bandwidth and quality )

Ex : I have a media file of 1 GB size .If I use layered encoding that 1 GB
media file could be made into 700k size with some loss of date  or 500k
size or 1GB only as per users choice? 

Such layered encodings are normally transmitted in multiple multicast groups
to allow multicast pruning

How would I know which layer is mapped to which multicast address (and size
of each layer)?..

I think this issue is addressed by the protocol above SDP (i.e in SIP or
SAP)?.. Could  anyone plz let me know .How and where this issue is addressed

 

Thanks and Regards,

Avinash Koneru

****************************************************************************
***********
This e-mail and attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI,
which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed
above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including,
but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is
prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by
phone or email immediately and delete it!

---

From: "Roni Even" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 15:17:37 +0200

Hi,

You can start by looking at
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-decoding-dependency-05

As for the layer description you can also look at the
draft-ietf-avt-rtp-svc.

Roni Even

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
avinashkoneru
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 11:26 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sip] How do we adress this SDP issue in SIP

To SIP & SDP experts,

RFC 4566 PAGE 14

 

Thanks and Regards,

Avinash Koneru