Subject: [Sip] AD review : draft-ietf-sip-record-route-fix

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 11:00:05 -0500

This is ready to go and I've asked it to be IETF LCed.

One thing that we will need to fix: The IPv6 address bearing SIP URIs  
in the examples are not right - the literals need to be enclosed in  
'[' ']' symbols
(as in sip:bob@[2001:db8::9:1]).

There is an outstanding issue being worked on reconciling the SIP (and  
other scheme's) URI handling of IPv6 literals with the genericURI  
syntax.
That should not hold up this document (the impact is only in some  
examples after all).

Some other early last call comments:

The last paragraph of the introduction (about essential corrections)  
is a holdover from earlier versions, before we decided to move this  
forward as a BCP.
It should probably be removed.

There is a sentence at the end of the quote on page 7 that should be  
split off into its own paragraph (Starting "It is to notice that").

A reference into RFC3261 to explain spirals (at the third paragraph of  
section 5) would help readers who aren't already very familiar with  
SIP proxy behavior.

Consider reinforcing that it is a proxy in proxy 2's situation that  
you are talking about in the 2nd to last paragraph of section 6.2.

RjS