Subject: [Sip] Document Action: 'UA-Driven Privacy Mechanism for SIP' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 11:14:07 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'UA-Driven Privacy Mechanism for SIP '
   <draft-ietf-sip-ua-privacy-08.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Session Initiation Protocol Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Cullen Jennings and Robert Sparks.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-ua-privacy-08.txt

Technical summary.

This document defines a guideline for a User Agent (UA) to generate an
anonymous Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) message by utilizing
mechanisms such as Globally Routable User Agent URIs (GRUU) and Traversal
Using Relays around NAT (TURN) without the need for a privacy service
defined in RFC 3323.

Working group summary.

There is consensus in the working group to publish this document. 

Document Quality

There has been no specific indication of implementation.

Personnel

The document shepherd for this document was Keith Drage. The responsible
Area Director was Cullen Jennings

RFC Editor Note

In Section 5.1.2 
OLD
     sip:[email-masked]
NEW
    sip:[email-masked]

IRTF Note
  none

IESG Note
  none

IANA Note
  none