Subject: [Sip] New version of connect-reuse issued, post IESG review

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 14:46:04 -0500

All: I have released a new version of connect-reuse that
addresses the comments from IESG review.

The new version (-14) can be accessed from:
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-sip-connect-reuse-14.txt

Here is the list of changes resulting from the IESG review:

- Changed ephemeral port numbers to be between 49152 and 65535,
   as suggested by IANA (comment from Gen-ART review.)
- In S8.1 modified text to be more compatible with domain-certs.
- In S8.1, the normative behavior in the first and third paragraphs
   seem to use "SHOULD" and "MUST" to describe the same behavior.
   Changed the MUST in the third paragraph to a SHOULD without
   any semantic loss.
- In S8.2, changed some text that makes it mandatory to follow
   the authentication steps in S9.2.  This change does not alter
   anything semantically.
- In S9.1 and 9.2, updated section numbers pointing to RFC YYYY.
- In S9.2, added 2 paragraphs on the impact of virtual servers
   and connection reuse on P1.

Thank you,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60566 (USA)
Email: vkg@{alcatel-lucent.com,bell-labs.com,acm.org}
Web:   http://ect.bell-labs.com/who/vkg/