Subject: [Sip] Last Call: draft-ietf-sip-certs (Certificate Management Service for The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 08:43:18 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has received a request from the Session Initiation Protocol WG 
(sip) to consider the following document:

- 'Certificate Management Service for The Session Initiation Protocol 
   (SIP) '
   <draft-ietf-sip-certs-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

Verion -07 of this document received IETF Last Call review in January 2009.

This version contains minor updates, one of which needs particular attention.

The normative reference to:
     [PKCS.8.1993]
              RSA Laboratories, "Private-Key Information Syntax
              Standard, Version 1.2", PKCS 8, November 1993.
has changed to
   [RFC5208]  Kaliski, B., "Public-Key Cryptography Standards (PKCS) #8:
              Private-Key Information Syntax Specification Version 1.2",
              RFC 5208, May 2008.

which is an Informational RFC. Please comment if you think this normative
reference is inappropriate.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2009-09-23. Exceptionally, 
comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please 
retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-certs-09.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=14709&rfc_flag=0