Subject: [Sip] RFC 5621 on Message Body Handling in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 15:23:29 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5621

        Title:      Message Body Handling in the 
                    Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
        Author:     G. Camarillo
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       September 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 43676
        Updates:    RFC3204, RFC3261, RFC3459

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sip-body-handling-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5621.txt

This document specifies how message bodies are handled in SIP.
Additionally, this document specifies SIP user agent support for MIME
(Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions) in message bodies.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute