Subject: [Sip] RFC 5627 on Obtaining and Using Globally Routable User Agent URIs (GRUUs) in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 16:18:13 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5627

        Title:      Obtaining and Using Globally Routable 
                    User Agent URIs (GRUUs) in the 
                    Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
        Author:     J. Rosenberg
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      40
        Characters: 94790
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sip-gruu-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5627.txt

Several applications of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) require
a user agent (UA) to construct and distribute a URI that can be used
by anyone on the Internet to route a call to that specific UA
instance.  A URI that routes to a specific UA instance is called a
Globally Routable UA URI (GRUU).  This document describes an
extension to SIP for obtaining a GRUU from a registrar and for
communicating a GRUU to a peer within a dialog.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute