Subject: [Sip] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5479 (2125)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 11:04:19 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5479,
"Requirements and Analysis of Media Security Management Protocols".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5479&eid=2125

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Alfred Hoenes <[email-masked]>

Section: A.4.3

Original Text
-------------
|  In SRTP, a cryptographic context is defined as the SSRC, destination
|  network address, and destination transport port number.  Whereas RTP,
|  a flow is defined as the destination network address and destination
   transport port number.  This results in a problem -- how to
   communicate the SSRC so that the SSRC can be used for the
   cryptographic context.

Corrected Text
--------------
|  In SRTP, a cryptographic context is defined by the SSRC, destination
|  network address, and destination transport port number, whereas in RTP,
|  a flow is defined by the destination network address and destination
   transport port number.  This results in a problem -- how to
   communicate the SSRC so that the SSRC can be used for the
   cryptographic context.

Notes
-----
Rationale: clarification/language improvement -- keep for update!

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5479 (draft-ietf-sip-media-security-requirements-09)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Requirements and Analysis of Media Security Management Protocols
Publication Date    : April 2009
Author(s)           : D. Wing, Ed., S. Fries, H. Tschofenig, F. Audet
Category            : INFORMATIONAL
Source              : Session Initiation Protocol
Area                : Real-time Applications and Infrastructure
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG