Subject: [Sip] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC3329 (2169)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 06:25:00 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC3329,
"Security Mechanism Agreement for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=3329&eid=2169

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Peter Dawes <[email-masked]>

Section: 4.1

Original Text
-------------
The 200 OK response (6) for the INVITE and the ACK (7) are also sent
   over the TLS connection.  The ACK will contain the same Security-
   Verify header field as the INVITE (3).

Corrected Text
--------------
The 200 OK response (6) for the INVITE and the ACK (7) are also sent
   over the TLS connection.

Notes
-----
RFC3329 Section 2.6, Table 1: Summary of Header Usage. indicates that Security-Client, Security-Server, Security-Verify are "Not applicable" to the SIP ACK request.

RFC 3261 says (section 20) "Not applicable" means that the header
   field MUST NOT be present in a request.  If one is placed in a
   request by mistake, it MUST be ignored by the UAS receiving the
   request.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC3329 (draft-ietf-sip-sec-agree-05)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Security Mechanism Agreement for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
Publication Date    : January 2003
Author(s)           : J. Arkko, V. Torvinen, G. Camarillo, A. Niemi, T. Haukka
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Session Initiation Protocol
Area                : Real-time Applications and Infrastructure
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG