Subject: [Sipbrandy] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sipbrandy-rtpsec-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 14:28:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the SIP Best-practice Recommendations Against Network Dangers to privacY WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Best Practices for Securing RTP Media Signaled with SIP
        Authors         : Jon Peterson
                          Richard Barnes
                          Russ Housley
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sipbrandy-rtpsec-06.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2018-10-15

Abstract:
   Although the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) includes a suite of
   security services that has been expanded by numerous specifications
   over the years, there is no single place that explains how to use SIP
   to establish confidential media sessions.  Additionally, existing
   mechanisms have some feature gaps that need to be identified and
   resolved in order for them to address the pervasive monitoring threat
   model.  This specification describes best practices for negotiating
   confidential media with SIP, including both comprehensive protection
   solutions which bind the media to SIP-layer identities as well as
   opportunistic security solutions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipbrandy-rtpsec/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sipbrandy-rtpsec-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-sipbrandy-rtpsec-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sipbrandy-rtpsec-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/