Subject: [sipcore] Question about P-Associated-URI header's syntax defined in RFC3455

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 16:17:39 +0800

Hi,

If people has/have discussed this issue in sip relating WG, sorry for it.

Yongping(Yongping Huang) and Jingning(Jingning He) find a inconsistent 
problem about P-Associated-URI header's syntax defined in RFC3455. By text 
description in 4.1.2.1 and 4.1.2.2(the highlight part), P-Associated-URI 
may have zero URI. But refer to the syntax description part in 5.1, it 
seams the header would have at least one URI. 

Is this an inconsistent problem?

Thanks,

Gao

//Jingning's correction proposal as:

P-Associated-URI       = "P-Associated-URI" HCOLON
                               [p-aso-uri-spec *(COMMA p-aso-uri-spec)]
or,
 
P-Associated-URI       = "P-Associated-URI" HCOLON
                               [p-aso-uri-spec ]*(COMMA p-aso-uri-spec) 

//Parts of text from RFC3455:

4.1.2.1 Procedures at the UA

   The header value contains a list of zero or more associated URIs to
   the address-of-record URI.  The UAC MAY use any of the associated
   URIs to populate the From header value, or any other SIP header value
   that provides information of the identity of the calling party, in a
   subsequent request.

4.1.2.2 Procedures at the registrar

   In case the address-of-record under registration does not have any
   other SIP or SIPS URIs associated, the registrar MUST include an
   empty P-Associated-URI header value.

5.1 P-Associated-URI header syntax

   The syntax of the P-Associated-URI header is described as follows:

      P-Associated-URI       = "P-Associated-URI" HCOLON
                               (p-aso-uri-spec)
                               *(COMMA p-aso-uri-spec)

===================================
 Zip    : 210012
 Tel    : 87211
 Tel2   :(+86)-025-52877211
 e_mail : [email-masked]
===================================

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.