Subject: Re: [sipcore] draft-ietf-sipcore-reinvite-04: glare and UPDATEwithout SDP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 19:06:47 +0800

//It seams that mail list doesn't dispatch this mail. To let other people 
catch up the thread, I re-send it.

> After all, you say that in both case UAC may return 2xx to the
> UPDATE.
> 
> BUT your analyzer2 seems to say "Reject it!".
> > 2. If it can not do the ordering, handle the UPDATE and 2xx(INVITE) as 

> > if contains Offer and using O/A rules to reject.
> 

As the analyzer show is aimed for Brett's puzzle. That is 2xx(of 
Re-INVITE) and UPDATE on different direction, mentioned in section 4.5 of 
the draft. Your case is not so. 

Our aim is to clear up ambiguity case, to cover your case, I'd like to add 
a new restriction highlighted in the analyzer2.

---> analyzer1 -----> analyzer2 ---->

analyzer1 using the rules in RFC3311, and if there's glares case under 
it's rule, send 491 or (500+retry) directly;
analyzer2 using the rules in the draft. 

analyzer2 also has two process:
1. Check whether it can do the ordering of 2xx(INVITE)and UPDATE. If it 
can do so, pass the UPDATE to the next step normally;
2. If there is ambiguity and UAs can not do the ordering, handle the 
UPDATE and 2xx(INVITE) as if it contains Offer and using O/A rules to 
reject.

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.