Subject: [sipcore] draft-ietf-sipcore-reinvite-04: impacts upon REFER and NOTIFY

From: Brett Tate <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 08:02:10 -0700

Since in-dialog REFER and NOTIFY are target refresh requests, what are the impacts of section 4.5 "Race Conditions and Target Refreshes" upon REFER and NOTIFY?

It doesn't look like there are any normative impacts.  However I wasn't sure if this was intentional.

Thanks,
Brett

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 14:56:58 +0800

Target Refresh Request:
As universal Target Refresh Request is defined in 3261, and section 4.5 is 
aimed for such universal type, while not just one or more concrete Target 
Refresh Request, so I think such part can be treated as UPDATE 3261.

To be honest, while I review the text for this aim, I find something might 
be treated as UPDATE 3312:

In section 3.3:
The successful completion of an offer/answer exchange without
   preconditions indicates that the new parameters for the media stream
   are already considered to be in use.  The successful completion of an
   offer/answer exchange with preconditions means something different.
   The fact that all mandatory preconditions for the stream are met
   indicates that the new parameters for the media stream are ready to
   be used.  However, they will not actually be used until the UAS
   decides so.  During a session establishment, the UAS can wait before
   using the media parameters until the callee starts being alerted or
   until the callee accepts the session.  During a session modification,
   the UAS can wait until its user accepts the changes to the session.

By myself, this part is clarification of 3312 for modification with 
preconditon, while not correction. Would such degree also need to be 
treated as UPDATE of RFCxxx? I am not sure, and would like to hear 
seasoned person's point(such as Paul and Gonzalo).

Thanks,

Gao

===================================
 Zip    : 210012
 Tel    : 87211
 Tel2   :(+86)-025-52877211
 e_mail : [email-masked]
===================================

Brett Tate <[email-masked]> 
2010-05-24 23:02

收件人
"[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" 
<[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" 
<[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" 
<[email-masked]>
抄送

主题
draft-ietf-sipcore-reinvite-04: impacts upon REFER and NOTIFY

Since in-dialog REFER and NOTIFY are target refresh requests, what are the 
impacts of section 4.5 "Race Conditions and Target Refreshes" upon REFER 
and NOTIFY?

It doesn't look like there are any normative impacts.  However I wasn't 
sure if this was intentional.

Thanks,
Brett

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.