Subject: Re: [sipcore] Location Conveyance Flaw: HTTP/HTTPS Location URI Scheme

From: Laura Liess <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 16:18:55 +0200

It would be nice if this would happen soon, because this is what people need
most.
Thanks a lot
Laura

______________________________
Yes, this needs to be fixed.

Jon Peterson
NeuStar, Inc.

On 7/19/10 1:17 AM, "Hannes Tschofenig" <Hannes.Tschofenig at gmx.net
<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipcore/current/Hannes.Tschofenig%20at
%20gmx.net> > wrote:
Hi,

The authors (or one of them in particular) have not managed to include
support for the HTTP/HTTPS URI scheme in the draft despite the fact that the
GEOPRIV working group has provided support for HTTP/HTTPS location URIs for
dereferencing in HELD (and now works on the HTTP/HTTPS dereference
protocol).

Ciao
Hannes
_______________________________________________
sipcore mailing list
sipcore at ietf.org
<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipcore/current/sipcore%20at%20ietf.or
g> 
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipcore

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 09:45:02 -0500

Laura

This will be in the next release (i.e., -04), which shouldn't take 
*that* long to churn out. I already have everything from the list 
traffic incorporated, but that meeting yesterday was ~90 minutes just 
on Conveyance, so there's a lot to process with what was agreed 
on.  I'm still verifying with folks just what was agreed to (and in 
what way it should be written).

James

At 09:18 AM 7/27/2010, Laura Liess wrote:
>Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
>         boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0016_01CB2DA7.6A1C77B0"
>Content-Language: de
>
>It would be nice if this would happen soon, because this is what 
>people need most.
>
>Thanks a lot
>
>Laura
>
>
>On 7/19/10 1:17 AM, "Hannes Tschofenig" 
><<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipcore/current/Hannes.Tschofenig%20at%20gmx.net>Hannes.Tschofenig 
>at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>Hi,
>
>The authors (or one of them in particular) have not managed to 
>include support for the HTTP/HTTPS URI scheme in the draft despite 
>the fact that the GEOPRIV working group has provided support for 
>HTTP/HTTPS location URIs for dereferencing in HELD (and now works on 
>the HTTP/HTTPS dereference protocol).
>
>Ciao
>Hannes
><http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipcore/current/sipcore%20at%20ietf.org>sipcore 
>at ietf.org
>[email-masked]

---

From: "Roger Marshall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 01:01:18 -0700

My take on the outcome of yesterday's meeting, some subsequent list
suggestions (for geo: URI), and what more is needed:

--/ geo: URI, need text that says something like, "A geo: URI is
supported for use within a geolocation header if no privacy is expected.
Otherwise, a geo: URI is used within a PIDF-LO construct.", and an
acknowledgement that a geo: URI is already covered in the ABNF as an
absolute URI as long as it contains a host.domain part.

--/ geolocation header contents, already agreed that we need text to
state something like, "It is assumed that geolocation header contains a
single URI value, although more than one URI is possible, but, SHOULD
NOT be used when it can be avoided.  If, for example, an intermediary
supplies additional location in preference to what is already there, the
inserter assumes all responsibility for all the resultant URIs."  

Additionally, we should discuss the details (somewhere) of how this is
done.  The proposal here is that we keep it general within the
-conveyance draft, and put details - specific to emergency services -
within a new ECRIT draft.  As an example for this, w/regard to ordering,
for example, is that some text would say that an inserter MUST insert
the URI value before an existing URI(s), so that the LR's can be clued
in as to how to consume location.  This may be able to suffice for the
"used-for-routing" parameter.

As for parameters that have gone away.  Since each URI contained has a
host.domain part in the URI, the old "inserted-by" (coupled with
record-route info) should be sufficient for analysis, without
re-introducing the "inserted-by" parameter.  The specifics of this could
also be covered in a different draft.

-roger marshall.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of James M. Polk
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 7:45 AM
To: Laura Liess; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Subject: Re: [sipcore] Location Conveyance Flaw: HTTP/HTTPS Location URI
Scheme

Laura

James

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this message may be privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, or responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, any review, forwarding, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication or any attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and delete it and all attachments from your computer and network.