Subject: [sipcore] #24: Redirect servers

From: "sipcore issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 17:37:29 -0000

#24: Redirect servers
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  worley@…             |       Owner:            
     Type:  defect               |      Status:  new       
 Priority:  minor                |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  rfc4244bis           |     Version:            
 Severity:  In WG Last Call      |    Keywords:            
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
 In section 4.3, I see:

    A redirect server MUST NOT add any new History-Info entries.

 How would we handle a situation where proxy A, thinking B is a redirect
 server, sends the request to B which is actually a proxy that sends the
 request to a redirect server C, which generates a 3xx response, which B
 passes back to A?  From A's point of view, B looks like a redirect server.
 But the 3xx that A receives is ultimately generated by C, and its History-
 Info has one further entry beyond what proxy A would expect to see in a
 3xx coming from from proxy B (which it believes to be a redirect server).
 So A would think that B is violating this rule.

 I think the solution to this situation is straightforward:  Remove the
 above restriction.  The 3xx may have further hi-entry's than A would
 expect, but they will be labeled as children of the hi-entry representing
 the request from A to B, and so will not confuse any element that is
 interpreting the History-Info.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/sipcore/trac/ticket/24>
sipcore <http://tools.ietf.org/sipcore/>