Subject: [sipcore] #15: Section 7 item 5 is wrong

From: "sipcore issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 19:20:58 -0000

#15: Section 7 item 5 is wrong
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  hkaplan@…               |       Owner:            
     Type:  defect                  |      Status:  new       
 Priority:  major                   |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  rfc4244bis              |     Version:  2.0       
 Severity:  In WG Last Call         |    Keywords:            
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Section 7 item 5 says:
        5.  Entry with the index that matches the value of the first entry
        with a "mp" hi-target parameter - i.e., the original target of
        the request.

 Nope.  The first "mp" tagged entry is the first of possibly multiple
 diverted-to users, not the original.  The original target of the request
 never gets the "mp" tag, afaict.

 Unfortunately, determining the original target is not trivial.  It's not
 simply the entry before the first "mp" tagged one, since that could be a
 "rc" registered contact, for example.  It's also not necessarily the first
 non-"rc" tagged entry before the first "mp" tagged one, because that entry
 could just be a intermediate routing operation.  And that's a big problem
 with H-I that I don't know how to solve.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/sipcore/trac/ticket/15>
sipcore <http://tools.ietf.org/sipcore/>