Subject: [sipcore] #42: Backwards compatibility

From: "sipcore issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 18:35:47 -0000

#42: Backwards compatibility
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  worley@…             |       Owner:            
     Type:  defect               |      Status:  new       
 Priority:  critical             |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  rfc4244bis           |     Version:            
 Severity:  In WG Last Call      |    Keywords:            
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
 A particularly common backwards compatibility problem will be the presence
 of proxies that do not implement H-I, and therefore cause H-I to not log
 some changes of request-URI.  This is to some degree mitigated by having
 downstream H-I-implementing elements insert hi-entry's on their behalf.

 But there should be a discussion of this situation and its effect on the
 H-I entry-tree.  This (1) allows us to verify that the problem has been
 thought through and won't cause any insurmountable problems and (2) warns
 application developers of the abnormalities in the H-I entry-tree that
 might be caused by this situation.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/sipcore/trac/ticket/42>
sipcore <http://tools.ietf.org/sipcore/>