Subject: [sipcore] #40: Clarify mp-value

From: "sipcore issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 18:22:50 -0000

#40: Clarify mp-value
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  worley@…             |       Owner:            
     Type:  defect               |      Status:  new       
 Priority:  minor                |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  rfc4244bis           |     Version:            
 Severity:  In WG Last Call      |    Keywords:            
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
 In section 6.3.5, the rules for the value part of the mp parameter of an
 hi-entry aren't given very clearly, but the idea seems to be that the
 value is the index of the hi-entry that contains the URI which was mapped
 into the request-URI of this hi-entry.  There seem to be two cases:

 - The mapping was done by the proxy on its own authority, in which case
 the mp-value is the parent index of the hi-entry's index.

 - The mapping was done due to receiving a 3xx response, in which case the
 mp-value is an earlier sibling of the hi-entry's index, that of the
 downstream request which received the 3xx response.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/sipcore/trac/ticket/40>
sipcore <http://tools.ietf.org/sipcore/>