Subject: [sipcore] #6: Editorial: incorrect 6.3.4 rule 4 explanatory text

From: "sipcore issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 17:02:52 -0000

#6: Editorial: incorrect 6.3.4 rule 4 explanatory text
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  hkaplan@…               |       Owner:            
     Type:  defect                  |      Status:  new       
 Priority:  minor                   |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  rfc4244bis              |     Version:  2.0       
 Severity:  In WG Last Call         |    Keywords:            
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Section 6.3.4 rule 4 says:
        4.  Retargeting based upon a Response: In the case of retargeting
 due
        to a specific response (e.g., 302), the index would be calculated
        per rule 3.  That is, the lowest/last digit of the index is
        incremented (i.e., a new branch is created), with the increment
        of 1.  For example, if the index in the History-Info header of
        the received request was 1.2, then the index in the History-Info
        header field for the new hi-targeted- to-URI would be 1.3.

 That last sentence is incorrect.  If the *received* request was 1.2, and
 it was sent to Bob, it's now 1.2.1, and if Bob responds with a 302, the
 new request is now 1.2.2.  If the *sent* request (which got redirected)
 was 1.2, then 1.3 would be right.

 Change the sentence to say "... of the sent request was 1.2, and it was
 responded to with a 302, then the index in the History-Info header field
 for the new hi-targeted-to-URI would be 1.3.".

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/sipcore/trac/ticket/6>
sipcore <http://tools.ietf.org/sipcore/>

---

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 17:05:01 -0500

Another good catch.  I had to read this several times to see the
problem you point out. I'll fix this.

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 12:02 PM, sipcore issue tracker
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> sipcore mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipcore
>