Subject: [sipcore] #37: Clarify use of rc vs. mp

From: "sipcore issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 18:16:31 -0000

#37: Clarify use of rc vs. mp
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  worley@…             |       Owner:            
     Type:  enhancement          |      Status:  new       
 Priority:  minor                |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  rfc4244bis           |     Version:            
 Severity:  In WG Last Call      |    Keywords:            
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
 Section 6.3.1 para 3 defines two values for "hit".  There are three things
 left unclear:  (1) The definitions don't explicitly descibe which to URIs
 the conditions are applied.  E.g.

    o  "rc": The Request-URI is a contact that is bound to an AOR in an
 abstract location service.  The AOR-to-contact binding has been placed
 into the location service by a SIP Registrar that received a SIP REGISTER
 request.

 "The request-URI" is not described as the one added to the target set, and
 "an AOR" is not describe as the incoming request-URI.

 Ths should be clarified:

    o  "rc": The URI added to the target set is a contact that is bound (in
 an abstract location service) to the AOR that is the request-URI of the
 incoming request, and the AOR-to-contact binding was placed into the
 location service by a SIP Registrar due to a SIP REGISTER request.

 Similarly:

    o  "mp": The URI added to the target set is a URI that represents
 "another user" (in a manner defined by the proxy) than the request-URI of
 the incoming request.  This occurs when a request is to be statically or
 dynamically retargeted to another user.

 (2) It should be noted explicitly that there are situations where neither
 of the above applies, in which case, no "hit" parameter or hi-target (as
 appropriate for the situation) would be added.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/sipcore/trac/ticket/37>
sipcore <http://tools.ietf.org/sipcore/>