Subject: [sipcore] #14: Section 7 item 4 is useless or misleading

From: "sipcore issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 19:14:00 -0000

#14: Section 7 item 4 is useless or misleading
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  hkaplan@…               |       Owner:            
     Type:  defect                  |      Status:  new       
 Priority:  major                   |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  rfc4244bis              |     Version:  2.0       
 Severity:  In WG Last Call         |    Keywords:            
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Section 7 item 4 says:
        4.  Entry prior to first entry with hi-target of "rc" in the
 Request
        received by a UAS - i.e., the first Registered Contact to which
        the request was targeted.

 The entry prior to the first "rc" is NOT the "Registered Contact" (that
 would be the first "rc" entry, afaict).  But I'm also not sure what use
 this has - if the request got diverted after that entry, or got forked to
 multiple contacts, etc., then using it is useless.  More importantly, it's
 dangerous to imply it's useful, because of those other possible
 conditions.  I recommend removing this item from Section 7.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/sipcore/trac/ticket/14>
sipcore <http://tools.ietf.org/sipcore/>