Subject: [sipcore] RFC 7315: P-Charging-Function-Addresses questions

From: Brett Tate <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 12:51:05 -0400

Hi,

Since I received no reply on sip-implementors, I thought that I'd try
sipcore.

Is only one P-Charging-Function-Addresses header allowed within a SIP
message?

I assume yes because of the following snippet.

RFC 7315 section 4.5: "When present, only one instance of the header MUST
be present in a particular request or response."

Can P-Charging-Function-Addresses header contain a third ecf (or ccf)
address?

Based upon the use of "header field" (instead of "header field value")
within the following snippet and 3GPP TS 24.229 V13.2.0 only mentioning
primary and secondary, I assume that it would be considered unexpected
(unless maybe accommodating RFC 3455 devices).

RFC 7315 section 5.5: "The P-Charging-Function-Addresses header field
contains one or two addresses of the ECF (ecf and ecf-2) or CCF (ccf and
ccf-2)."

Thanks,
Brett