Subject: [sipcore] RFC 7647 on Clarifications for the Use of REFER with RFC 6665

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 14:41:59 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7647

        Title:      Clarifications for the Use of REFER
                    with RFC 6665 
        Author:     R. Sparks, A.B. Roach
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 12596
        Updates:    RFC 3515

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipcore-refer-clarifications-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7647

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7647

The SIP REFER method relies on the SIP-Specific Event Notification
framework.  That framework was revised by RFC 6665.  This document
highlights the implications of the requirement changes in RFC 6665,
and updates the definition of the REFER method described in RFC 3515
to clarify and disambiguate the impact of those changes.

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol Core Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC