Subject: [Sipping] Sip with Qsig

From: Muruganantham D <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 12:04:46 +0530

Hi!
 We are developing SIP application with QSIG Protocol, we are following those thing s specified in RFC 3204.Plz go through the 
below things and guide us in the right direction.
 
INVITE sip:[email-masked] SIP/2.0

Via: SIP/2.0/UDP sc10.nortelnetworks.com

From: sip:[email-masked]

To: sip:[email-masked]

Call-ID: [email-masked]

CSeq: 1234 INVITE

Contact: <sip:[email-masked]>

Content-Length: 358

Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary=unique-boundary-1

MIME-Version: 1.0

--unique-boundary-1

Content-Type: application/SDP; charset=ISO-10646

v=0

o=audet 2890844526 2890842807 5 IN IP4 134.177.64.4

s=SDP seminar

c=IN IP4 MG141.nortelnetworks.com

t= 2873397496 2873404696

m=audio 9092 RTP/AVP 0 3 4

--unique-boundary-1

Content-type:application/QSIG; version=iso

08 02 55 55 05 04 02 90 90 18 03 a1 83 01

70 0a 89 31 34 30 38 34 39 35 35 30 37 32

--unique-boundary-1--

How to proceed with these kind of messages?
For 1xx no content just with sip messages, For 200 OKwith SDP part like the above things, Is it correct or not?

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
D.Murugananth

**************************************************************************************************
Muruganantham.D., Dexcel Electronics Designs pvt Ltd., Airport road, Bangalore-8

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 10:27:56 +0200

Check out the following:

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

                 Title                           : Interworking between 
SIP and QSIG
                 Author(s)               : J. Elwell
                 Filename                : 
draft-elwell-sipping-qsig2sip-00.txt
                 Pages                           : 43
                 Date                            : 25-Apr-02
 
This document specifies interworking between the Session Initiation 
Protocol (SIP) and QSIG within corporate networks. SIP is an Internet 
application-layer control (signalling) protocol for creating, 
modifying, and terminating sessions with one or more participants. 
These sessions include, in particular, telephone calls. QSIG is a 
signalling protocol for creating, modifying and terminating circuit-
switched calls, in particular telephone calls, within Private 
Integrated Services Networks (PISNs). QSIG is specified in a number 
of ECMA Standards and published also as ISO/IEC standards. 
As the support of telephony within corporate networks evolves from 
circuit-switched technology to Internet technology, the two 
technologies will co-exist in many networks for a period, perhaps 
several years. Therefore there is a need to be able to establish, 
modify and terminate sessions involving a participant in the SIP 
network and a participant in the QSIG network. Such calls are 
supported by gateways that perform interworking between SIP and QSIG. 
This document is a product of the authors' activities in ECMA 
(www.ecma.ch) on interoperability of QSIG with IP networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-elwell-sipping-qsig2sip-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the 
message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
                 "get draft-elwell-sipping-qsig2sip-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
                 [email-masked].
In the body type:
                 "FILE 
/internet-drafts/draft-elwell-sipping-qsig2sip-00.txt".
 
NOTE:            The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
                 MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use 
this
                 feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the 
"FILE"
                 command.  To decode the response(s), you will need 
"munpack" or
                 a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant 
mail readers
                 exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
                 "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been 
split
                 up into multiple messages), so check your local 
documentation on
                 how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
ftp://[email-masked]/internet-drafts/draft-elwell-sipping-qsig2sip-00.txt