Subject: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sipping-sigcomp-sip-dictionary-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 07:29:47 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Proposal Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and Session 
                          Description Protocol (SDP) static dictionary for 
                          Signaling Compression (SigComp)
	Author(s)	: M. Garcia et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sipping-sigcomp-sip-dictionary-01.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 22-May-02
	
The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) [2] is a text-based protocol for
initiating and managing communication sessions. The protocol can be
compressed by using Signaling Compression (SigComp) [1]. Similarly,
the Session Description Protocol (SDP) [24] is a text-based protocol
intended for describing multimedia sessions for the purposes of
session announcement, session invitation, and other forms of
multimedia session initiation. This memo defines a SIP/SDP-specific
static dictionary that SigComp can use in order to achieve higher
efficiency. The dictionary is compression algorithm independent.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-sigcomp-sip-dictionary-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sipping-sigcomp-sip-dictionary-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-sigcomp-sip-dictionary-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Dean Willis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 19:45:50 -0500

So what's the status on the sigcomp dictionay work? Are we ready to WGLC
it? Anybody out there have an opinion?

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-sigcomp-sip-dicti
onary-01.txt

--
Dean

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Miguel A. Garcia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 12:13:22 +0300

Dean:

We are planning to release version -02 soon. I would wait until -02
is out, and then the work is ready to go WGLC.

/Miguel

-- 
Miguel-Angel Garcia                     Oy LM Ericsson AB
                                        Jorvas, Finland
mailto:[email-masked]     Phone:  +358 9 299 3553
mailto:[email-masked]        Mobile: +358 40 5140002