Subject: [Sipping] suggesting an addition req for draft-culpepper-sipping-app-interact-reqs-01.txt

From: Eric Cheung <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 14:55:46 -0400

Hi Bert, Robert

It seems to me that an important requirement would be that user inputs
and media stream(s) can be later correlated in time.  For example, a
voice mail system need to correlate a key press and the audio stream to
determine the end of the recording.  Another example is a multi-modal
system where user input includes clicking on a web page, pressing a key
on a phone, and speech via automatic speech recognition.  Again, the
click or key press must be correlated to the audio stream.

Therefore, I would suggest adding a requirement such as:

  For user activity indications, the mechanism must provide some form of
indication of occurrence in time relative to one or more media streams.

As an example of a possible solution, this may be the SSRC of a media
stream the reporter is transmitting and the timestamp when the input
occurred.

Regards
Eric Cheung

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Bert Culpepper" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 17:24:18 -0400

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the comments.  I see no issues adding the requirement below.  And
unless there's pushback on this it'll get added.

Thanks,
Bert