Subject: [Sipping] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-levin-sipping-conferencing-requirements-00.t xt

From: Orit Levin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 10:44:51 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: 	[email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent:	Wednesday, May 01, 2002 7:25 AM
To:	IETF-Announce; @loki.ietf.org
Subject:	I-D
ACTION:draft-levin-sipping-conferencing-requirements-00.txt

 <<Untitled Attachment>> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line
Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		:	Conferencing Requirements for SIP Based
Applications
	Author(s)	:	O. Levin et al.
	Filename	:
draft-levin-sipping-conferencing-requirements-00.txt
	Pages		:	18
	Date		:	30-Apr-02
	
At present, SIP signaling sessions under a conferencing application must
rely on out-of-band signaling for participant information and conference
manipulation. This document suggests an integrated approach that defines a
Hierarchal Application Signaling Model and allows SIP to support both basic
and complex applications based on more basic applications. As example
conferencing applications, a general 'SIP Star Conferencing Application' and
a more specialized 'SIP Star Real Time Multimedia Conferencing Application'
are defined within this Hierarchical Application Signaling Model. This
document identifies requirements for SIP entities that participate or host
these applications. 
A future document will suggest the mapping of the requirements to
corresponding protocols and their primitives.
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-levin-sipping-conferencing-require
ments-00.txt
To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.
Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
"get draft-levin-sipping-conferencing-requirements-00.txt".
A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.
Send a message to:
[email-masked].
In the body type:
"FILE
/internet-drafts/draft-levin-sipping-conferencing-requirements-00.txt".
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 10:44:52 -0400