Subject: [Sipping] updated 3pcc I-D

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 02:44:28 -0400

Folks,

I've just submitted an update to the 3pcc draft based on comments
received during ietf last call. Until it appears, you can pick up a copy
at:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-sipping-3pcc-01.txt

The main difference is inclusion of an additional flow that uses
preconditions to guarantee that neither phone rings unless there is a
compatible set of media and codecs. Other changes include a discussion
of the limitations of flow 4, an addition of a call flow handling a
glare error condition, and an improvement in the security considerations
discussion.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Sanjoy Sen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 10:23:29 -0500

In flow (15) of Figure 11 (User A initiated precondition), the 200 OK to
UPDATE carries a current status of 'send' inspite of reservation being
completed in both directions. What prevents this from being 'sendrecv',
which would eliminate another roundtrip with UPDATE? 

A minor nit: flow (6) in the same figure would be '183' instead of '183 OK'.

Thanks,
Sanjoy

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jonathan Rosenberg [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2002 1:44 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Sipping] updated 3pcc I-D
> 
> 
> Folks,
>