Subject: [Sipping] Comments on draft-antti-rfc2806bis

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 15:12:38 EDT

Some minor comments on draft-antti-rfc-2806bis-04 as follows. Other more 
significant comments to follow.

Section 5.1

The word "written" in 4 places should be replaced with "represented" (as used 
at the end of the paragraph), since this is not addressing how the numbers 
would be "written" or even intended to be viewed by a person. It is only 
addressing how the numbers are included in the tel:uri.

The end of the first paragraph should be changed to "...represented with a 
local number and a context".

5.2 ISDN Subaddress

In general, ISDN subadresses are not limited to decimal digits or BCD (HEX). 
It may contain IA5 characters or binary. The ABNF in Section 4 indicates that 
it is only "phonedigits" which are defined as HEXDIG / visual-separator. 
Visual separators would never be used, except as IA5 characters, in which 
case they are not "separators".

Section 10

Suggest that the final paragraph about not rapidly redialing be deleted, 
since this is really not related to the subject of uri's. This might be a 
good statement in some other draft.

Mike Pierce
Artel

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 20:33:01 -0400

Thanks for your comments.

> Section 5.1
> 
> The word "written" in 4 places should be replaced with "represented" (as 
> used at the end of the paragraph), since this is not addressing how the 
> numbers would be "written" or even intended to be viewed by a person. It 
> is only addressing how the numbers are included in the tel:uri.
> 
> The end of the first paragraph should be changed to "...represented with 
> _a local number and_ a context".
> 
> 5.2 ISDN Subaddress
> 
> In general, ISDN subadresses are not limited to decimal digits or BCD 
> (HEX). It may contain IA5 characters or binary. The ABNF in Section 4 
> indicates that it is only "phonedigits" which are defined as HEXDIG / 
> visual-separator. Visual separators would never be used, except as IA5 
> characters, in which case they are not "separators".

This restriction is from RFC 2806. I guess since every octet is 
possible, this will just be uric.

> since this is really not related to the subject of uri's. This might be 
> a good statement in some other draft.

Indeed. This is 2806 left-over.

> Artel

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP