Subject: [Sipping] draft-ietf-sipping-nai-reqs-00

From: "Mark Watson"<[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 11:31:06 +0100

A revision of the Network Asserted Identity short-term requirements draft
has been submitted and is available here:

http://ties.itu.int/~watsonm/draft-ietf-sipping-nai-reqs-00.txt

The main changes are:
o  More about 'Spec(T)' the set of specifications that nodes in a Trust
Domain are known to obey, and why this means that one node can trust another
to perform, or to have performed certain actions.
o  Added definitions of Identity and Network Asserted Identity
o  Changed language on who is identitied - it is now just the originator of
the message, so that the terms 'called', 'calling' etc. are not used
formally.
o  Improved description of what to do with NAI received from an untrusted
source
o  Clarified that the procedures for generating the NAI in the first place
need to be a known characteristic of the trust domain (i.e. specified in
Spec(T))
o  Clarified that the security used between Trust Domain nodes also needs to
be a known characteristic of the trust domain.
o  Added a section on Generation of NAI, which includes the concept of
'hints' from UA to proxy
o  Separated requirements for transfer of NAI into sending and receiving
sides

Comments please!

Regards,

Mark

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP