Subject: [Sipping] Question on draft-watson-sipping-req-history-01

From: "Elwell, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 15:10:07 +0100

Has any thought been given to the possibility that the diverting user may
wish for privacy whereby the fact that diversion has occurred and the
identity of the diverted-to user are withheld from the calling user?

--------------------------------------------------------------
John Elwell ([email-masked])
Siemens Communications Limited,
Technology Drive, Beeston,
Nottingham NG9 1LA, UK
Tel: +44 115 943 4989   Fax: +44 115 943 4969
--------------------------------------------------------------
	Internet communications are not secure and therefore Siemens
Communications Limited does not accept legal responsibility for the contents
of this message. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of Siemens Communications
Limited unless otherwise specifically stated.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 11:22:29 EDT

> identity of the diverted-to user are withheld from the calling user?

Yes, this is considered to be an absolute requirement in many jurisdictions 
(meaning by law).

Mike Pierce
Artel

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 12:57:59 -0500

John,

We took an action to more thoroughly address the Security and Privacy
concerns in the next version of the requirements draft (due out in the next
couple of weeks).    

Regards,
Mary H. Barnes
[email-masked]
972-684-5432
Wireless 817-703-4806