Subject: [Sipping] Network Asserted Identity: short term requirements

From: "Mark Watson"<[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 14:06:37 +0100

I have submitted an Internet Draft containing *short term* requirements for
Network Asserted Identity. This is based on the discussion on this list and
the requirements from 3GPP.

Until it becomes available in the ID directory you can find it at:

http://ties.itu.int/~watsonm/draft-watson-sipping-nai-reqs-00.txt

(Choice of server deliberate :-)

The draft rigorously defines a concept of 'Trust Domains' within which these
short term requirements are applicable - please read that definition before
commenting! It only addresses the requirements I called NAI1 and NAI2 in the
previous thread. Briefly:
NAI1) Exchange of NAI between securely connected nodes within the trust
domain
NAI2) Sending of NAI from a node in the trust domain over a secure
connection to a node outside the Trust Domain (usually a UAS)

Note that the requirement for a UAC to be able to provide a 'hint' to a
network entity which generates an NAI (i.e. to tell the network entity about
the UACs preferred identity for this request) is NOT addressed by this
draft. This is a separate problem and should be addressed separately.

Regards,

Mark

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 16:38:41 +0300

> draft. This is a separate problem and should be addressed separately.

so is your idea that the nai identifies the user, e.g., [email-masked], a
public key, an imsi, etc., that has nothing to do with the sip uri of
the user?

-- juha

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP