Subject: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-jennings-sipping-nai-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 07:27:47 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Extensions to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
                          for Network Asserted Identity within Trusted Networks
	Author(s)	: C. Jennings
	Filename	: draft-jennings-sipping-nai-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 02-May-02
	
This document describes extensions to SIP that enable a network of
trusted SIP servers to assert the identity of end users or end
systems, and to convey indications of end-user requested privacy.
The use of these extensions are only applicable inside an
administrative domain, or among federations of administrative domains
with previously agreed-upon policies for usage of such information.
This document does NOT offer a general privacy or identity model
suitable for inter-domain use or use in the Internet at large.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jennings-sipping-nai-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jennings-sipping-nai-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jennings-sipping-nai-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.