Subject: [Sipping] Questions regarding the draft-ietf-sipping-realtimefax-00.txt

From: Louis Guindon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 15:59:21 -0400

Hi,

I have question regarding the format of a att-field in the SDP packet. In
all examplesin the draft-ietf-sipping-realtimefax-00.txt, we see
      a=T38FaxFillBitRemoval:0 
      a=T38FaxTranscodingMMR:0 
      a=T38FaxTranscodingJBIG:0

In the section D.2.3 of ITU-T Rec. T.38 (04/2002) for capabilities
negotiation, it's stated that"Note that options without values are boolean -
their presence indicates that they are valid for the session". This means
that "T38FaxFillBitRemoval", "T38FaxTranscodingMMR" and
"T38FaxTranscodingJBIG" are considered boolean.

Only the present of T38FaxFillBitRemoval attribute without value should be
enough to determine if it's valid or not for the session if I consider the
RFC2327 (April 1998, page 18). 

Question: Why are we seeing the ":0" at the end? 

Can anyone confirm the following syntax for a SDP packet?
      a=T38FaxFillBitRemoval                 <== Means valid for the session
or incorrect syntax?
      a=T38FaxFillBitRemoval:0              <== Means invalid/valid for the
session?
      a=T38FaxFillBitRemoval:1              <== Means valid for the session
or incorrect syntax?

Regards,

> Louis Guindon
> Software Design Engineer
> Mediatrix Telecom, Inc.
> [email-masked]
> Tel :  819-829-8749 ext. 242
> Fax : 819-829-1973
> 4229, Garlock Street
> Sherbrooke, Qc J1L 2C8
> 
> This message and its attachment(s) contain protected proprietary and
> confidential information of Mediatrix.  It is intended solely for the
> named addressee(s).  If you are not an addressee indicated in this message
> (or responsible for delivery of the message to an addressee), you may not
> copy or deliver this message or its attachment(s) to anyone.  Rather, you
> should permanently delete this message and its attachment(s) and kindly
> notify the sender by email.  No warranty is made that the email or
> attachment(s) are free from computer virus or other defect.
> 
> Ce message et son(ses) fichier(s) adjoint(s) peuvent contenir de
> l'information légale privilégiée ou confidentielle de Mediatrix.  Il est
> destiné exclusivement au(x) destinataire(s) identifié(s).  Si vous n'êtes
> pas un destinataire indiqué dans ce message (ou responsable de la
> livraison du message au destinataire), vous ne pouvez copier ou livrer ce
> message ou son(ses) fichier(s) adjoint(s) à quiconque.  Vous devriez
> plutôt effacer de façon permanente ce message et son(ses) fichier(s)
> adjoint(s) et aimablement en avertir l'expéditeur par courriel.  Aucune
> garantie n'est donnée que ce courriel ou son(ses) fichier(s) adjoint(s) ne
> contiennent pas de virus informatique ou autre défectuosité.
> 
> 
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP