Subject: Re: [Sipping] How to indicate trunk groups in URI?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 09:56:46 EDT

In a message dated 8/25/02 2:48:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [email-masked] 
writes:

> In a tel URL (or the SIP conversion of it) a carrier identification code can
> be done with a tag like "cic=+1-0288". Does anyone see any issues with
> indicating trunk groups with a tag something like "tgrp=trunk_group_label"?
> Better ideas on how to do this?
> 
> Thanks, Cullen
> 

What is the application in which a trunk group needs to be identified in a 
URL? What is your definition ot "trunk group" in this case? I remember 
discussion many months ago in which there were significantly different 
opinions on what the term "Trunk Group" meant.

Mike Pierce
Artel

---

From: "Bob Penfield" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 12:14:56 -0400

see inline
----- Original Message -----
From: <[email-masked]>

> opinions on what the term "Trunk Group" meant.

This comes from the Gateway Registration work in the IPTEL group. It
represents resources in or beyond the gateway. Jon Peterson's just expired
draft (draft-peterson-iptel-gwreg-arch-00.txt) describes an architecture for
using trunk groups in gateway registration.

Would resource group be a better name?

Trunk Group availability would be advertised using TRIP-GW
(draft-ietf-iptel-trip-gw-00.txt) from the gateways to a location server
associated with the SIP proxy (or proxy cluster) responsible for routing
calls to the gateways. There needs to be a way for the selected trunk group
to be indicated to the gateway in the signaling message.

I like the tgrp URL parameter idea. It should only be present in a
Request-URI of a request that is sent from the gateway's routing proxy and
the gateway. Trunk group labels are names which are private to the gateways
and should not be propagated very far into the network (i.e. no farther than
the gateway's routing proxy).

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP