Subject: Re: [Sipping] Geopriv and SIP current state

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 22:44:47 EDT

In a message dated 4/15/2003 10:36:19 AM Eastern Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> There are already standard representations of geolocation and 
> geo-velocity.  Do you intend to be compatible with those?
> 

There's a good one in Q.763 that should suffice for location. I've missed the 
point of the requirement for "velocity".

Mike

---

From: Michael Hammer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:25:46 -0400

I haven't seen how this is used yet, but it could have applications where 
mobility is involved (e.g., calculating whether to handoff between a 
micro-cellular and a macro-cellular network), and could play a role in E911 
services.

Mike

At 10:44 PM 4/15/2003 -0400, [email-masked] wrote:
>There's a good one in Q.763 that should suffice for location. I've missed 
>the point of the requirement for "velocity".
>
>Mike

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP