Subject: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-anil-sipping-bla-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 07:50:43 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Implementing Bridged Line Appearances Using Session 
                          Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: A. Kumar, V. Venkataramanan
	Filename	: draft-anil-sipping-bla-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2003-6-12
	
This document describes a proposal for implementing Bridged Line 
Appearance for SIP User Agents

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-anil-sipping-bla-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-anil-sipping-bla-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-anil-sipping-bla-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Arjun Roychowdhury" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 13:09:22 -0400

Quick comment:

I would like to see a discussion on how potential race conflicts can be 
avoided. Since this draft proposes that endpoints essentially
'behave' themselves - ie before sending INVITE send NOTIFY, it is entirely 
possible that multiple INVITEs go out at the same time,
each with different call-ids and other such race conditions.

any thoughts on addressing the same wrt. called user experience :-)

regds
arjun

--
Arjun Roychowdhury @ Hughes Software Systems
11717 Exploration Lane, Germantown MD 20876
(O): 301 212 7860 

[email-masked]
Sent by: [email-masked]
06/13/2003 07:50 AM
Please respond to Internet-Drafts

        To:     IETF-Announce: ;
        cc:     [email-masked]
        Subject:        [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-anil-sipping-bla-00.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

                 Title                           : Implementing Bridged 
Line Appearances Using Session 
                          Initiation Protocol (SIP)
                 Author(s)               : A. Kumar, V. Venkataramanan
                 Filename                : draft-anil-sipping-bla-00.txt
                 Pages                           : 12
                 Date                            : 2003-6-12

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the 
message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
                 "get draft-anil-sipping-bla-00.txt".

Send a message to:
                 [email-masked].
In the body type:
 
NOTE:            The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
                 MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use 
this
                 feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the 
"FILE"
                 command.  To decode the response(s), you will need 
"munpack" or
                 a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant 
mail readers
                 exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
                 "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been 
split
                 up into multiple messages), so check your local 
documentation on
                 how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
ftp://[email-masked]/internet-drafts/draft-anil-sipping-bla-00.txt

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Venkatesh Venkataramanan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 10:47:31 -0700

Hi:

Good point.... For exclusive bridging to work, the UA MUST guarantee that
the NOTIFY gets generated and acknowledged before the INVITE is sent out.
Hence we chose the MUST strength for the same.

I didnt' quite get the part as regards "called user experience" ? Are you
meaning what would happen if all the UA's sent out INVITE to the same called
party without sending a NOTIFY?

regards,
Venkatesh

-----Original Message-----
From: Arjun Roychowdhury [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 10:09 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-anil-sipping-bla-00.txt

Quick comment:

regds
arjun

[email-masked]

        To:     IETF-Announce: ;
        cc:     [email-masked]

 

Send a message to:
                 [email-masked].
In the body type:

---

From: "Arjun Roychowdhury" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 14:37:56 -0400

Venky:

My doubt got clarified after I read the ID again. One of my concerns was 
whether its possible for two calls to get initiated at the same time 
(ie is it possible that two terminals that send NFY at the same time, get 
200OK and therefore make o/b calls). You mention that the EA would
send a 4xx in this case, the moment it gets one early notify 

regds
arjun

"Venkatesh Venkataramanan" <[email-masked]>
06/16/2003 01:47 PM

        To:     "'Arjun Roychowdhury'" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], 
[email-masked]
        cc:     "Anil Kumar" <[email-masked]>
        Subject:        RE: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-anil-sipping-bla-00.txt

Hi:

I didnt' quite get the part as regards "called user experience" ? Are you
meaning what would happen if all the UA's sent out INVITE to the same 
called
party without sending a NOTIFY?

regards,
Venkatesh

-----Original Message-----
From: Arjun Roychowdhury [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 10:09 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-anil-sipping-bla-00.txt

Quick comment:

regds
arjun

[email-masked]

        To:     IETF-Announce: ;
        cc:     [email-masked]

 

Send a message to:
                 [email-masked].
In the body type:

split