Subject: Re: [Sipping] Re: [Sip] Using SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY in mobility

From: "Rajarshi Chakraborty" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 04:35:51 +0000

Hi Rohan,

Yes its draft-schulzrinne-sip-register-01 that I was talking about. My bad, 
I gave the incorrect name. But I understand that due to the draft being 
outdated and rather having been incorporated into a couple of RFCs no more 
question from it would be entertained. And thanks a lot for the pointer to 
the other draft.

Rajarshi Chakraborty
B-196, IIT Campus,
Kharagpur,
West Bengal, India
PIN-721302

----Original Message Follows----
From: Rohan Mahy <[email-masked]>
To: "Rajarshi Chakraborty" <[email-masked]>
CC: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Sipping] Re: [Sip] Using SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY in mobility
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 11:28:09 -0700

Hi,

First of all, please do not cross post to more than one sip* list.  I  have 
trimmed this reply to SIPPING only.

Second, I cannot find the draft you are referring to.  It is unusual to  ask 
questions about an expired draft unless it has been discussed  recently on 
the list.  Perhaps you are referring to the following?  If  so, it is truly 
ancient and you should avert your eyes, lest you turn  into a pillar of 
salt.  Seriously, the draft below was incorporated  into RFC2543 which was 
later replaced by RFC3261.

http://www.softarmor.com/sipwg/drafts/morgue/draft-schulzrinne-sip- 
register-00.txt

Finally, from your questions, you may be interested in the registration  
package which was approved by the IESG and is awaiting editing to  become an 
RFC:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-reg-event-00.txt

thanks,
-rohan

On Friday, June 13, 2003, at 07:27 AM, Rajarshi Chakraborty wrote:

>Hi,
>
>This mail is kind of a follow-up to the earlier mail where I posted a  
>couple of doubts regarding registration models in  
>draft-schulzrinne-register-01. In the second design called "Outbound  proxy 
>intercept", could we not use SUBSCRIBE and NOTIFY between the  mobile user 
>agent and the outbound proxy server in the foriegn domain  to indicate the 
>former's departure from that domain into some other  domain? And this would 
>be followed by the local registrar unbinding  the temporary canonical ID of 
>the mobile host just upon receiving the  NOTIFY, if it is co-located with 
>the local proxy or the latter could  send a de-register to the registrar if 
>not co-located with it.  According to this design the mobile host doesn't 
>register with the  foreign proxy/registrar. Hence I think SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY 
>would be of  good use. The local proxy would SUBSCRIBE to the mobile user 
>agent,  and just before the latter departs it sends a NOTIFY back to the 
>local  proxy. Is this feasible?
>
>regards,
>Rajarshi
>
>
>
>Rajarshi Chakraborty
>B-196, IIT Campus,
>Kharagpur,
>West Bengal, India
>PIN-721302
>
>_________________________________________________________________
>Dress up your desktop! Get the best wallpapers.  
>http://server1.msn.co.in/msnchannels/Entertainment/wallpaperhome.asp  Just 
>click here!
>
>_______________________________________________
>Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
>This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
>Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
>Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

_________________________________________________________________
Food fit for Kings! Now available online. 
http://server1.msn.co.in/features/general/itc/index.asp

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP