Subject: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-elmalki-v6ops-3gpp-translator-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 07:51:56 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IPv6-IPv4 Translators in 3GPP Networks
	Author(s)	: K. El Malki et al.
	Filename	: draft-elmalki-v6ops-3gpp-translator-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2003-6-17
	
There have been discussions on the v6ops mailing list and at IETF 
meetings regarding the suitability of translators (e.g. NAT-PT) as 
mechanisms for IPv4 to IPv6 transition. It has often been stated that 
NAT-PT is not a mechanism to be recommended in general to solve the 
IPv6-IPv4 transition problem and some modifications to NAT-PT have 
been proposed. However there have also been discussions regarding 
special scenarios where some form of translators could be deployed if 
their use is documented appropriately. The aim of this draft is to 
document the rationale for using translators in 3GPP networks, in 
particular for IPv6-only IMS (IP Multimedia Subsystem) and to 
describe possible solutions to the problem and the interactions with 
SIP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-elmalki-v6ops-3gpp-translator-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-elmalki-v6ops-3gpp-translator-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-elmalki-v6ops-3gpp-translator-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 14:48:26 +0300

Folks,

we would like to draw your attention to the draft below. It will be
discused in v6ops, but it contains SIP stuff as well. In particular, it
describes how 3GPP terminals could use ICE, STUN and ALT to communicate
with IPv4-only UAs on the Internet.

The authors would appreciate your comments.

Gonzalo

[email-masked] wrote:
>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP