Subject: RE: [Sipping] 488 vs 606

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 14:46:57 +0530

Hi Srini

If A does not support T.38 then it should send 415 Media Not Supported. 

Regards
Ranjit

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of [email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 12:33 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sipping] 488 vs 606

Hi,

I have a question on the usage of 488 vs 606 response. Kindly let me
know in the situation explained below which one is more appropriate.

Two UA's (A & B) establish a voice session, but after a while one of
them (say B) decides to change to FAX mode and hence sends a Re-INVITE
with T38 SDP. But User Agent 'A' does not support incoming T38 Re-INVITE
(FAX SDP) for any call or any user and hence needs to respond with a 488
or 606 response. In this situation, what response would be more
appropriate to reject the Re-INVITE. Please note that the request sent
by UA 'B' cannot be serviced by any other UAs as the fax data is
available only on 'A'.

Thank you,
Srini

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip Use
[email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP