Subject: [Sipping] Interim Proposed Dates data

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 10:54:12 -0600

I polled the list about who could be where when. I've tabulated the 
responses at:

http://www.softarmor.com/sipping/meets/int-spr2004/dates.html

If you responded, please check and see if I recorded your input correctly.

As you'll note, not too many responded. Either it's going to be a very 
small meeting, or a lot of people are planning to come but haven't said. 
I suspect the latter. Please let us know if you're interested -- it 
greatly affects the hosting requirements.

Of the proposed dates, we have exactly 0 where all the chairs can attend 
without conflict. The May 25-27 date is best for the chairs, (I'd have 
to not attend an OMA meeting), but several frequent contributors are 
also impacted (including Markus and Aki), and it is also a religious 
holiday for some.

The June 1-3 date is actually the best for most of the people who 
responded, but as that turns out to be requiring travel on the Memorial 
Day holiday in the US, 1) several people have scheduled their generous 
1-week vacations that week, and 2) US airports can be expected to be 
much, much busier than usual. Absolute chaos is predicted, actually.

I suppose we thought about June 7,8,9 and discarded that already? 
Anybody tell me why?

We seem to have volunteer hosts at Columbia University in New York and 
in Helsinki. There do seem to be a number of people who will be 
traveling from western Europe as well as the US. So far, I do not think 
I have been made aware of anyone who will be traveling from Asia, 
although I expect there are some people who will be doing that also.

Given this, I'm inclined to prefer New York, but Helsinki is also a very 
nice place to visit in the late spring, and I find the English easier to 
understand there than in New York City.

--
Dean

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 21:59:27 -0600

> > I suppose we thought about June 7,8,9 and discarded that already?

I have no problems with this week, personally

>On the other hand, when I was doing my own research, June
>15th - June 17th seemed to be pretty wide open.

It conflicts with NENA's Annual conference - so some might not make this 
that are to be part of the interim's agenda on emergency services

>Personally, I can make it the week of June 7 (did you mean
>June 8, 9, 10, by the way?) and the week of June 14th.
>
>As far as I'm concerned, Boulder, New York, and Helsinki
>are all fine locations, although my posterior has a selfish
>preference for one of the first two. :)

I agree with Adam on all points here (all 3 are nice, my wide butt likes 
the 1st two - and Boulder sounds best, BTW)

>/a

cheers,
James

                                *******************
                 Truth is not to be argued... it is to be presented

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 13:46:50 +0300

> also impacted (including Markus and Aki), and it is also a religious 

I talked to Aki and we are OK with this date too, this would be more important for us than the OMA.

Markus