Subject: [Sipping] Question about draft-yu-tel-url-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 07:52:45 -0600

I have the following questions about conveying carrier
identitification code in SIP.

On the ISUP side we get three information
1. Type of network identification
2. Network identification plan(3 digits or 4 digits)
3. Digits 1-3 or 1-4

Q1. The draft draft-yu-tel-url-08.txt provides a mechanism to convey the
digit
information on the sip network. However how do we convey the
type of network identification information on the SIP network.

Q2. On a UAS receiving an INVITE message with cic=+11234 or cic=1234,
what is the difference between the two cic information. Does this mean
something different needs to be conveyed on the ISUP side.

Thanks
-Deepak

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Michael Hammer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 10:07:33 -0500

>1. Type of network identification

This is explicit with "+", implicit if not.

>2. Network identification plan(3 digits or 4 digits)

If you get 3 digits it is 3, if you get 4 digits it is 4.

>3. Digits 1-3 or 1-4

This is what is present in cic=

>type of network identification information on the SIP network.

My understanding was that if E.164 numbers were not used, then it is local 
context dependent.

>something different needs to be conveyed on the ISUP side.

If there is not a "+" then the local value needs a context element.

There is a new draft showing up soon.  You may want to look for that, then 
see if you still have concerns.

Mike

>Iptel mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/iptel