Subject: [Sipping] GRUU in KPML

From: "Eric Burger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 15:32:23 -0500

How is this for text in KPML:

In Section 2.1 (Model):
				<t>In all cases, the Requesting Application (or UA) uses a <xref target="I-D.ietf-sip-gruu">GRUU</xref> to address the End Point.  Discovery of the GRUU can be from the original INVITE or 200 OK message, from a subscription to the <xref target="I-D.ietf-sipping-dialog-package">dialog package</xref>, from an all-knowing service broker, or other means.  GRUU discovery is beyond the scope of this specification.</t>

The text referring to a SUBSCRIBE on the same dialog as an INVITE is gone.

In Section 2.3 (Operation):
				<t>The End Point MUST be able to return a <xref target="I-D.ietf-sip-gruu">GRUU</xref> in the Contact header of a SIP INVITE or 2xx response.</t>

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 00:29:25 -0500

Eric Burger wrote:

> In Section 2.1 (Model): <t>In all cases, the Requesting Application
> (or UA) uses a <xref target="I-D.ietf-sip-gruu">GRUU</xref> to
> address the End Point.  Discovery of the GRUU can be from the
> original INVITE or 200 OK message, from a subscription to the <xref
> target="I-D.ietf-sipping-dialog-package">dialog package</xref>, from
> an all-knowing service broker, or other means.  GRUU discovery is
> beyond the scope of this specification.</t>

I dont see why its that complicated. We are always talking about 
subscriptions associated with dialogs. Dialogs always have contacts. 
Contacts will always have gruu if the client supports it. Thus, an 
application server would always subscribe to the gruu found in the 
contact URI.

A client which supports KPML MUST also support gruu.

Thats it.

Am I missing something?

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                600 Lanidex Plaza
Chief Technology Officer                    Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
dynamicsoft
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com