Subject: [Sipping] Proposed dates for SIPish interim meetings

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 23:39:41 -0600

Please reply to the SIPPING list -- other lists copied to make sure we 
hit everybody.

We probably need to have at least three days of interim meetings between 
now and IETF 60, covering topics in SIP, SIPPING, and SIMPLE.

We've had a number of venue suggestions in the USA, and it has been 
suggested that a Tuesday-Thursday schedule would provide the best 
opportunities for travelers from more distant points.

There has also been some discussion of co-locating with the Lemonade 
working group, if the venue allows. We're not sure whether this would 
mean adding another day fore-or-aft, or simply running another room in 
parallel.

For the record, historically we've had anywhere from 30 to 60 attendees 
at interim meetings.

As I understand it, the leading candidate for venue is the Boulderama in 
Boulder, Colorado. Rohan's current proposal is to ask each attendee to 
contribute $50 toward meeting fees (princiaplly, renting the room). Of 
course, if somebody wants to sponsor the meeting and pick up the

These dates have been proposed:

May 4-6 (May conflict with T1-S1)
May 25-27 (conflicts with OMA POC interim)
June 1-3 (no conflicts I know of)

For planning purposes, it would help to know:

1) Who and how many would be able and willing to attend May 4-6?
2) Who and how many would be able and willing to to attend May 25-27?
3) Who and how many would be able and willing to to attend June 1-3?
4) Who would be conflicted if LEMONADE and SIP-related sessions occurred 
simultaneously?
5) Who just doesn't want to go  the the US because of travel 
restrictions and annoying border delays?
6) Anyody willing to sponsor or cosponsor the meeting?

--
Dean

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Avshalom Houri <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 09:29:44 +0200

Inline

> 1) Who and how many would be able and willing to attend May 4-6?
OK for me but June 1-3 will be much better.
> 2) Who and how many would be able and willing to to attend May 25-27?
Can not. 26th May is a Jewish holiday (Shavout)
> 3) Who and how many would be able and willing to to attend June 1-3?
Better choice of all 3 for me.

> Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
> This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
> Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip

---

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 16:16:49 -0600

Your sentience challenged scribe (that's me) forot to include XCON in 
the original list. It's not because I think they're not important. It's 
because I forgot.

This MIGHT have something to do with having spent the weekend scraping 
old vinyl flooring loose from the concrete slab of my house, as my water 
heater ruptured while we were in Korea and much sogginess ensued.

Or I might not have an excuse.

Anyhow, topics addressed in the interim meeting will include SIP, 
SIPPING, SIMPLE, and XCON (where I REALLY want progress on floor 
control, especially after last weekend's labors!). And maybe LEMONADE, 
although the current drift in responses is that there is little need for 
  co-location here.

Follow-ups to SIPPING, please.

--
Dean

---

From: "Niemi Aki (Nokia-M/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 17:07:53 +0200

Inline.

> 1) Who and how many would be able and willing to attend May 4-6?

Would work.

> 2) Who and how many would be able and willing to to attend May 25-27?

Tentatively. There's a conflict with the OMA meeting, but I may be able
to prioritize ;)

> 3) Who and how many would be able and willing to to attend June 1-3?

Would work the best.

> 4) Who would be conflicted if LEMONADE and SIP-related sessions occurred 

Not a problem.

> restrictions and annoying border delays?

Not a problem.

Cheers,
AKi

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 09:41:05 -0500

> 3) Who and how many would be able and willing to to attend June 1-3?

AFAIK I am both willing and able to attend on any of these dates.

> 4) Who would be conflicted if LEMONADE and SIP-related sessions occurred 

Not a problem for me.

> restrictions and annoying border delays?

No problem. :-)

> 6) Anyody willing to sponsor or cosponsor the meeting?

Not personally.

	Paul