Subject: [Sipping] List of Redirected SIP URI's

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 05:07:02 -0600

Hi,

Kindly provide me clarification on the following.

Is there a way for the received SIP UA  to know the complete list of
Redirected SIP URI's that were traversed before landing on it ?
Ex: A calls B. B redirects to C. C redirects to D. D redirects to E and E
redirects to F. Then, would 'F' get any kind of information, from the SIP
INVITE it receives
or through any other method, all the URI's (C's,D's and E's) that
redirected the call.

Thank you,
Srini

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 09:12:27 -0500

Srinivas,

Take a look at draft-ietf-sip-history-info-02.txt. It provides a 
mechanism for what you want. But it is still a work in progress, and 
will be optional, so you can't in general depend on it. The major issue 
is that the information you are asking for is sensitive - it isn't 
always a good thing for this information to be widely known.

	Paul