Subject: Re: [Sipping] Re: E2M security solution

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:40:49 +0200

Kumiko,

the idea is that you place in these headers only the information that 
the proxy needs. That is, the information that the UAC wants to disclose 
to the proxy. Right now, if the UAC chooses to disclose some information 
to a particular proxy, it has to disclose it to every proxy in the 
path... this may not always be desirable. This is where e2m security 
comes into the scene.

End-to-end encryption of the SDP is an orthogonal issue. The proxy is 
not supposed to look there, even if it is not encrypted.

Gonzalo

Kumiko Ono wrote:

> Hi Volker,
> 
> I have a question about security of the MIO. Let's consider for firewall 
> control located with a proxy. The MIO header that you propose contains 
> parts of SDP information. When UAs encrypt SDP for end-to-end in order 
> to conceal IP addresses and port numbers, does the MIO also contain the 
> same information to need to use e2e encryption?
> 
> Thanks,
> Kumiko
> 

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption, interruption, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP