Subject: RE: [Sipping] Redirection by a UAS

From: "Elwell, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 17:28:26 +0100

Michael,

You wrote:
> Would it be possible to include a last resort Contact that 
> refers back to 
> itself, but in such a way that the local part has a convention that 
> indicates that the forwarding failed?
> 
This sounds interesting. Would the fact that the Call-ID has not changed be
a sufficient indication that it is a repeat attempt, presumably because
forwarding failed?

John ([email-masked])

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Michael Hammer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 13:20:02 -0400

>John ([email-masked])

Because of cases where re-transmissions are used (which could be 
temporarily mis-routed), I would not want to rely on an implicit 
indication.  An explicit index into a stored call state (which I assume 
exists) would seem better to me.

Mike