Subject: [Sipping] User with multiple sessions in Conference Package

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 17:30:27 -0700

In a conference, here are many cases where a single user may have set up
multiple SIP dialogs with the focus. For example, using one UA instance for
audio and another UA instance for IM. Or connected on both cell phone and on
desk phone in office. Right now the conference package seems a little
underspecified in how to deal with this and we need to clear this up.

I'm tossing out two proposal below. Comments? Ideas? Can we choose one?
Could be  close something like this on this list?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 1: 

The User Element gets a new attribute called contact. This attribute
contains the contact that the focus used for this dialog. Each dialog
results in a separate User Element instance and the uri is used to correlate
the fact that they are the same user. For anonymous calls the system needs
to generate separate anonymous user uri's so they can be separated from one
another. 

For Example,

<conference-info>
    <user uri="[email-masked]" contact="[email-masked]">
        <media-stream> <ssrc> 1234 </ssrc> </media-stream>
    </user>    
    <user uri="[email-masked]" contact="[email-masked]">
        <media-stream> <ssrc> 5678 </ssrc> </media-stream>
    </user>
</conference-info>

---------------------------------------------------------------

Proposal 2: 

The data in the User Element gets split between a User Element and a new
Session Element that is placed inside the User Element. The media stream
elements are put inside the Session.

<conference-info>
    <user uri="[email-masked]">
        <session contact="[email-masked]">
            <media-stream> <ssrc> 1234 </ssrc> </media-stream>
        </session> 
        <session contact="[email-masked]">
            <media-stream> <ssrc> 5678 </ssrc> </media-stream>
        </session>
    </user>
</conference-info>

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP