Subject: [Sipping] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-smith-sip-auth-examples-00.txt

From: "Paul D.Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 10:20:05 +0100

Please note that I am aware that the name of this draft, and the indicated
WG, names the "SIP WG".  After discussion with the WG chairs, this draft is
offered to the "Sipping WG".  Later version of this draft will reflect the
Sipping WG.

Paul DS.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 22 April 2004 20:39
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-smith-sip-auth-examples-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Digest Authentication Examples for Session
Initiation 
			  Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: P. Smith, I. Clarkson
	Filename	: draft-smith-sip-auth-examples-00.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 2004-4-22
	
RFC3261 [2] recommends that SIP requests be authenticated using HTTP
   Digest authentication as defined in RFC2617 [3], and many vendors
   have successfully added this function to their products.  However
   implementation bugs are still being observed both at interoperability
   events and in the field.

   This document provides worked examples of Digest authentication usage
   in SIP.  It is intended to help new SIP implementers, and to provide
   a common set of test authentication examples against which an
   implementation may be checked.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-smith-sip-auth-examples-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-smith-sip-auth-examples-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-smith-sip-auth-examples-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP