Subject: [Sipping] Soliciting comments on Offer/Answer procedures

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 16:21:40 +0200

Hi,

Any reply to this mail should be directed to the AVT mailing list. The 
mail is BCC to MMUSIC, SIP and SIPPING to avoid cross postings.

In the RTP payload format for the H.264/AVC video codec, we authors had 
to write a rather special procedure in the offer/answer. This procedure 
is there to make the distribution of the video codecs parameter sets 
work. However we would like to have further review from people knowing 
SIP and Offer/Answer thoroughly, to ensure that we have not created any 
problems.

Therefore I would be very thankful if you could take a look at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-h264-06.txt

and review the Offer/Answer consideration section (8.2). I wouldn't 
expect that you will need to read more than some further parts of 
section 8, and possibly some of the introduction in section 1 for 
background information.

Any comments is desired within two weeks, i.e. before 9th of June.

Thanks

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP