Subject: [Sipping] Poll: Consensus on adoption of the URI-list work

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 13:13:59 -0500

See: draft-camarillo-sipping-uri-list-02.txt

It seems that the URI-list stuff is becoming important for its use in 
ad-hoc list requests. I've heard of several other groups that are 
referring to it in their specifications, and wish for us to conclude on 
the specification ASAP.

The current draft is fairly mature, and we seem to have a constituency 
for the specification.

Consequently, I'd like to suggest that the SIPPING group consider 
adopting this draft as a working group effort, targeted for 
informational RFC, with an estimated delivery date to IESG of June, 2004.

Please respond, aye or nay, if you care. The chairs will, as usual, 
judge consensus and report the recommendation (for or against) to the AD 
for consideration.

Thanks,

--
Dean Willis
SIPPING co-chair

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 09:32:30 +0300

Dean:

I agree and support on adopting this document as WG item. But I don't 
agree with the  track publication. You proposed to publish it as 
informational RFC, which I believe is not right. It should be standards 
track, since the document contains a bunch of normative statements and 
is actually a protocol specification.

- Miguel

-- 
Miguel A. Garcia           tel:+358-50-4804586
Nokia Research Center      Helsinki, Finland

---

From: Aki Niemi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 11:09:09 +0300

FWIW, I say "aye" for adopting this draft as SIPPING item.

Cheers,
Aki