Subject: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sipping-conferencing-framework-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 15:46:12 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Proposal Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A Framework for Conferencing with the Session Initiation Protocol
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sipping-conferencing-framework-05.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 2005-5-27
	
The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) supports the initiation,
   modification, and termination of media sessions between user agents.
   These sessions are managed by SIP dialogs, which represent a SIP
   relationship between a pair of user agents.  Because dialogs are
   between pairs of user agents, SIP's usage for two-party
   communications (such as a phone call), is obvious.  Communications
   sessions with multiple participants, generally known as conferencing,
   are more complicated.  This document defines a framework for how such
   conferencing can occur.  This framework describes the overall
   architecture, terminology, and protocol components needed for multi-
   party conferencing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-conferencing-framework-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sipping-conferencing-framework-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-conferencing-framework-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 19:12:42 +0300

Folks,

this new revision of the conferencing framework addresses the comments 
we got during its IESG review. Please, review the changes, and if you 
have any comments on them, send the author and the chairs a note. If we 
have not received any comments by Friday, we will go ahead with this draft.

For your convenience, here you have the differences between 04 and 05:
http://users.piuha.net/gonzalo/temp/draft-ietf-sipping-conferencing-framework-05-from-4.diff.html

Thanks,

Gonzalo

[email-masked] wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 

-- 
Gonzalo Camarillo         Phone :  +358  9 299 33 71
Oy L M Ericsson Ab        Mobile:  +358 40 702 35 35
Telecom R&D               Fax   :  +358  9 299 30 52
FIN-02420 Jorvas          Email :  [email-masked]
Finland                   http://www.hut.fi/~gonzalo