Subject: [Sipping] Sidebar creation question

From: Remeres Jacobs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 08:53:03 +0300

In the sipping-conference-framework-04 there is mention of sidebars on
page 5(Terminology) but nowhere in the text can I find any other info
about sidebars. My question is this....how do you create a sidebar? Do
you just send a re-invite? or a normal invite? 

If so, should the conference server just assume that this is a sidebar?
What if your intention was to create a separate conference and not a
sidebar? How does the conference server know your intention?

I don't know if I have missed it somewhere or just didn't understand it
clearly enough. 
Could someone please comment.

Thanks
Remeres

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Chris Boulton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 09:15:22 +0100

Remeres,

	Sidebars are still under specification in the SIP world.  You
might want to take a look at the XCON Framework
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-xcon-framework-00.txt)
which describes sidebars and their manipulations.  This is still 'work
in progress' so any questions/feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Chris.

-----Original Message-----
From: Remeres Jacobs [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 26 May 2005 06:53
To: SIPPING-Mailing List
Subject: [Sipping] Sidebar creation question

Thanks
Remeres

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee only, and may contain confidential information of Ubiquity Software Corporation.  All unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this email.  Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing signed by an officer of Ubiquity Software Corporation, nothing in this communication shall be deemed to be legally binding.  Thank you.