Subject: [Sipping] Comment on draft-ietf-sipping-cc-transfer-04

From: Michel de Boer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 19:40:59 +0200

Hi,

I have a question on putting a call on-hold in the blind trasfer
scenario's in draft-ietf-sipping-cc-transfer-04

In section 5 the call flows show that the transferor puts
the call on-hold before sending the REFER to the tranferee
to mimic behavior of the PSTN, such that the transferee
gets some great music for telehpones if a feature like
music on-hold is implemented.

But what should be done to with the call at the transferee
side. From a SIP point of view it would look more logical to
me if the referee would put the call to the transferor
on-hold just before it sends an INVITE to the transfer target.
Once the call to the transferee sets up the call to the transfer
target it will receive RTP for that call and the RTP from the
transferor is of no use anymore. That latter RTP would stop if
the transferee holds the call.

If the transferor did not put the call on-hold then the
transferor could listen to music on hold while the transferee
tries to establish the call. To me there seems no real need
to hold the call at the transferor.

Regards,
Michel

-- 
Michel de Boer
www.twinklephone.com

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP