Subject: [Sipping] sipping-torture-tests: REGISTER with a contact header unknownparam

From: "Adi Even-Tzur" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 13:17:41 +0300

Hi

According to draft-ietf-sipping-torture-tests-06 section 3.3.12:
   This register request contains a contact where the 'unknownparam'
   parameter must be interpreted as being a contact-param and not a
   url-param.
 
   This REGISTER should succeed.  The response must not include
   "unknownparam" as a url-parameter for this binding.  Likewise,
   "unknownparam" must not appear as a url-parameter in any binding
   during subsequent fetches.
 
   Behavior is the same, of course, for any known contact-param
   parameter names.

My question - 
What is the purpose of this behavior? 
In which case this parameter will be in the contact header, what does it
stands for and why proxy should 
treat it as contact-param (and not url-param) and remove it from binding
in response?
 
Thanks in advance,
Adi Even-Tzur.
 
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP