Subject: [Sipping] Question and comments on sipping-certs

From: Aki Niemi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 17:02:22 +0300

Hi,

Reading sipping-certs-01, I wasn't quite sure how the publication of
credentials is supposed to work. More specifically, the usage of etags
to make sure UAs for the same AOR don't end up publishing conflicting
credentials seems unnecessary.

Since there is only one set of credentials for an AoR, and each new 
publication automatically overwrites any existing credentials (and an 
empty body deletes them), then this can happen regardless of whether the 
etag is shared among the wathcers or not. So why does the NOTIFY carry 
the etag value?

Also, is the expiration of a publish in any way related to the lifetime 
of the certificate?

For what purpose is the Content-Disposition set to "signal" in 
credential publication? Where is "signal" defined?

Third paragraph in chapter 8.5, 3rd sentence should be removed.

That's all for now!

Cheers,
Aki

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP