Subject: [Sipping] New draft on media handling feature for seamless session mobility

From: "Xu Ming Qiang \(Jo\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 19:44:27 +0900

We have submitted a draft on the indication of media handling feature in
SIP for realizing seamless session mobility. Suggestions and comments
would be appreciated.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mingqiang-sipping-session-mobility-media-00.txt

>From the abstract:
   Session mobility allows a user to transfer an ongoing communication
   session from one device to another device. Seamless session mobility
   is  very  important  for  real  time  multimedia  applications. This
   document defines a new option tag in SIP to indicate media handling
   feature during the transfer of communication session from one device
   to another device to achieve seamless session transfer without
   disruption of media streams. The new media handling option tag is to be
   used in the Require SIP header. This document also defines a new media
   feature tag, which can be used in the Contact header field (instead of
the
   new option tag) to enable seamless session transfer without disruption of
media.

Best regards

Xu

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP