Subject: [Sipping] Difference between MIDCOM and RTP-Relay

From: "面皮" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 09:59:06 +0800 (CST)

Could anybody tell me the difference between MIDCOM and RTP-Relay?
This is the diagram of MIDCOM and RTP-Relay's is at  http://mianpi.blogchina.com/mianpi/inc/rtp.GIF
                               _________
                          --->|   SIP   |<-----\
                         /    |  Proxy  |       \
                        |     |_________|       |
                       1|       |^    ^|       4|
                        |       ||    ||        |
                        |8     2||3  7||6       |5
        ______________  |       ||    ||        |    _____________
        |            |<-/      _v|____|v___      \->|            |
        | External   |    Na   |           |   Nc   | SIP Phone  |
        | SIP phone  |>------->| Middlebox |>------>| within     |
        |            |<-------<|___________|<------<| Pvt. domain|
        |____________|    Nb                   Nd   |____________|

It's almost the same!  -_-..

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP