Subject: RE: [Sipping] RE: draft-stein-great-00.txt

From: "Yaakov Stein" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 11:36:29 +0200

> Actually my opinion based on experience is that many of the 
> concerns expressed in this draft, and the need in some cases 
> to optimize the interface with the transport infrastructure 
> and to manage the service are very much present in private 
> networks as well. 

Dan

I quite agree with you. Let me reword what I meant to say. 

The operator of a private network COULD minimize
the detrimental effects by taking the precautions
(e.g. IntServ, CACing) that are not relevant 
in the public Internet case.

Hence, for the public Internet case, the ONLY way out is
to devise better mechanisms to overcome packet loss and congestion.
For private networks these mechanisms may also be of value.

Y(J)S

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP