Subject: [Sipping] Approval of draft-ietf-sipping-app-interaction-framework-05.txt

From: Allison Mankin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:41:29 -0700

Hi, all,

The IESG approved draft-ietf-sipping-app-interaction-framework-05.txt
today.  As is laid out in RFC 2026 (in 6.1.2), the IESG occasionally
changes the intended status of a document during its review.
In this case, we saw a document that looked strongly like an
interoperable protocol specification and not so much like any of
the RFC 2026 definitions of a BCP.  The change from BCP to Proposed
Standard does not need any process, so the approval was changed to
be for Proposed Standard.

This will also be mentioned in text in the approval announcement.

Thanks, and congratulations for the excellent document, which has
been awaited for a long while!

Allison

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 08:11:09 -0400

This is fine by me; the document has changed from PS to BCP as its 
target several times during its lifetime...

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Director, Service Provider VoIP Architecture   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com