Subject: [Sipping] Latest revision of draft-gurbani-sipping-ipv6-sip

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 16:20:26 -0500

Folks:

I have just submitted an updated revision (-01) of
<draft-gurbani-sipping-ipv6-sip>.  This is a companion I-D to
<draft-ietf-sipping-v6-transition>, which has also been
updated.

This draft addresses implementation-specific issues with IPv4/IPv6
deployments, including parser torture tests.  <draft-ietf-sipping-
v6-transition> addresses system-level issues with IPv4/IPv6
deployments.

   Abstract

   Most operational experience with SIP to date has been over the
   IPv4 network; however, SIP implementations that support IPv6 are
   starting to emerge. IPv6 support in Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
   goes beyond merely running a SIP stack on a host supporting a dual
   IP-stack (i.e., IPv4/IPv6). In addition to host-level support for
   IPv6, a SIP stack itself must exhibit certain behavior if it is to
   support IPv6. This document describes such behavior in the form of
   recommendations that SIP implementors can use while constructing
   IPv6-aware SIP clients and servers.

Until it becomes available in the archives, you can get a copy from
the following links:

http://www.iit.edu/~gurbvij/I-D/draft-gurbani-sipping-ipv6-sip-01.html
http://www.iit.edu/~gurbvij/I-D/draft-gurbani-sipping-ipv6-sip-01.txt

Comments are welcome.

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Ph.D.  vkg@{lucent.com,research.bell-labs.com,acm.org}
Lucent Technologies/Bell Labs Innovations, 2000 Lucent Lane, Rm 6G-440
Naperville, Illinois 60566     Voice: +1 630 224 0216

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP