Subject: RE: [Sipping] Re: draft-elwell-sipping-service-retargeting-00.txt

From: "Francois Audet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 16:10:36 -0500

> In which case, if we follow the principles of RFC 3087, it becomes  
> the responsibility of whoever fills in this URI to include whatever  
> parameters are needed by the target. I'm fairly happy with that  
> understanding, if that's what Francois is really saying, and if John  
> and the other folks agree.

That's what I was saying indeed. 

Let's wait for John to clarify what he meant...

> So if that's true, what we're talking about here is really something  
> like the netann draft, in that it is informationally defining some  
> reusable parameters for specific services that are invoked in a  
> manner consistent with RFC 3087. If that's what we want, I think  
> that's a manageable scope and something we know how to do.

Yes.

> Like netann and 3087, this doesn't even have to be (although 
> it could  
> be, if we have that sort of consensus) a working group document. It  
> could proceed as an individual informational. Of course, like 
> netann,  
> we'd still want to make sure it actually answers the questions and  
> doesn't confuse people excessively.

I think it's pretty obvious we failed on the "confusion" front...

Thanks.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP