Subject: [Sipping] RFC 4353 on A Framework for Conferencing with the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 14:59:23 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4353

        Title:      A Framework for Conferencing with 
                    the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
        Author:     J. Rosenberg
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Characters: 67405
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipping-conferencing-framework-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4353.txt

The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) supports the initiation,
modification, and termination of media sessions between user agents.
These sessions are managed by SIP dialogs, which represent a SIP
relationship between a pair of user agents.  Because dialogs are
between pairs of user agents, SIP\'s usage for two-party
communications (such as a phone call), is obvious.  Communications
sessions with multiple participants, generally known as conferencing,
are more complicated.  This document defines a framework for how such
conferencing can occur.  This framework describes the overall
architecture, terminology, and protocol components needed for
multi-party conferencing.  This memo provides information for the 
Internet community.

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Proposal Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

--418255e937f94b7b3e6ab12808e0d30d

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4353

        Title:      A Framework for Conferencing with 
                    the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
        Author:     J. Rosenberg
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Characters: 67405
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipping-conferencing-framework-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4353.txt

The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) supports the initiation,
modification, and termination of media sessions between user agents.
These sessions are managed by SIP dialogs, which represent a SIP
relationship between a pair of user agents.  Because dialogs are
between pairs of user agents, SIP\'s usage for two-party
communications (such as a phone call), is obvious.  Communications
sessions with multiple participants, generally known as conferencing,
are more complicated.  This document defines a framework for how such
conferencing can occur.  This framework describes the overall
architecture, terminology, and protocol components needed for
multi-party conferencing.  This memo provides information for the 
Internet community.

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Proposal Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP