Subject: [Sipping] Question on draft-vandyke-mscml-06

From: "Song, Youngsun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 20:06:16 -0500

Hi,

On the draft-vandyke-mscml-06, I have a question on which SIP messages
can carry a MSCML payload for IVR commands.

Section 5.2 has the following text:

   The application server can include any MSCML command in the initial
   INVITE, with the exception of asynchronous commands, such as <play>
   or <record>.  The application server must issue asynchronous commands
   separately (e.g., in INFO messages) to avoid ambiguous responses.

Section 6, IVR, has the following text:

   One may carry the request payload for IVR in either the initial SIP
   INVITE or INFO requests.

Based on the above, it is not clear whether an initial INVITE can carry
a MSCML request for an IVR command such as <play>.

For example, is the following flow valid?

App Server ----INVITE (IVR service, MSCML request for <play>, SDP of
caller)---> Media Server
App Server <----200 OK (SDP of Media Server)---- Media Server
App Server ---- ACK ----> Media Server
Announcement is completed.
App Server <---- INFO (MSCML Response for <play>)---- Media Server
App Server ---- 200 OK ----> Media Server

Thanks for your help in advance,
YoungSun

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP