Subject: [Sipping] Updated Draft: "SIP Identity Usage in Enterprise Scenarios"

From: "Fries, Steffen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 08:29:20 +0100

Hi all,

we submited an update of the draft "SIP Identity Usage in Enterprise
Scenarios". The draft is more or less completely rewritten, to better
reflect the problem and the solution to be solved. It is intended for
BCP and describes the temporary binding of a user identity to
credentials (certificates) available at the client. 

The abstract is provided for information here:

   This document describes a use case for the SIP Identity document
   involving certificate management with the focus on enterprise
   environments.  It provides a best current practice document for
   binding an identity to a certificate for the duration of a session.
   The certificate may then be used to bootstrap further security
   parameters, e.g., for securing media data.  A discussion of possible
   enhancements is included in the appendix.

The draft is now available under 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fries-sipping-identity-enterpr
ise-scenario-02.txt

Regards
	Steffen

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP