Subject: [Sipping] session announcement support in SIP

From: "Thejeswara Reddy.P" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 09:29:54 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,
      Is there in any Draft about session announcement  support in SIP. Means When the list of participates in session known  before the establishment of session.
      1) whether we have to invite each and every participate to the session.
      2) or there is any session url support in SIP to achieve this... ?
      3) is there any use of maddr parameter in this case.
  
  Regards,
  theja reddy.

---------------------------------
 Jiyo cricket on Yahoo! India cricket
Yahoo! Messenger Mobile Stay in touch with your buddies all the time.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 11:22:40 -0600

On Feb 17, 2006, at 3:29 AM, Thejeswara Reddy.P wrote:

> Hi,
>     Is there in any Draft about session announcement support in  
> SIP. Means When the list of participates in session known before  
> the establishment of session.

I believe this is the URI-list work:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-uri- 
services-05.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-uri-list- 
conferencing-04.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-uri-list- 
message-06.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-uri-list- 
subscribe-04.txt

and vaguely related:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-xcap-list- 
usage-05.txt

We're making a few post-WGLC changes to accomodate a minor extension  
suggested by OMA, and expect to send these to the IESG for  
publication soon. Actually, we're just taking the contact-role stuff  
out of the list-message draft and into a separate draft that the  
others can reference, since it's obviously re-usable.

--
Dean