Subject: [Sipping] Review of draft-ietf-sipping-media-policy-dataset-01

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 20:20:36 -0500

Draft:  draft-ietf-sipping-media-policy-dataset-01
Reviewer: Mary Barnes
Review Date: 25 Aug 2006
Review Deadline: 25 Aug 06
Status: Initial review 

Summary: This draft is on the right track for publication, but has nits
and open issues that should be fixed before publication.

Caveat: I'm not an XML guru and I'm assuming that the XML will be
validated by a tool and reviewed by XML experts. 

Section 1:
- last pargraph, 2nd sentence: insert "be" before "merged"
OLD:
   These documents need to merged into a single document the
   user agent can work with. 
NEW:
   These documents need to be merged into a single document the
   user agent can work with. 

Section 3:
- OPEN ISSUE: has a typo - not sure why the word "might" is in that
sentence. I'm not enough of an XML guru to know the pros/cons of reusing
the MIME type from the SIP User Agent Profile Dataset.  But, it seems
that since you're building on that profile that it would be reasonable
to just reuse that same MIME type. Are there any XML gurus that know why
that's not a good idea? 

Section 5.1:
- 1st paragraph, 2nd sentence: remove "to" and capitalize "must".
OLD:
   The stream to which a property applies to must be identifiable 
   through a label [6].
NEW:
   The stream to which a property applies MUST be identifiable 
   through a label [6].

- 3rd paragraph, last sentence: suggest to change the statement to be
more definitive (I can't see that this is an example). 
OLD:
   These labels are, for example, part of the session description.
NEW:
   These labels are MUST be part of the session description.

Section 11, references:
- [13] should reference the BEHAVE WG TURN document:
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/behave/draft-ietf-behave-turn/draft-ietf-behave
-turn-01.txt

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP