Subject: [Sipping] BCP0119 RFC 4579 on Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Call Control - Conferencing for User Agents

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:50:59 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP0119        
        RFC 4579

        Title:      Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Call 
                    Control - Conferencing for User Agents 
        Author:     A. Johnston, O. Levin
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       August 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      43
        Characters: 96506
        Updates:    
        See-Also:   BCP0119

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipping-cc-conferencing-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4579.txt

This specification defines conferencing call control features for the
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).  This document builds on the
Conferencing Requirements and Framework documents to define how a
tightly coupled SIP conference works.  The approach is explored from
the perspective of different user agent (UA) types:
conference-unaware, conference-aware, and focus UAs.  The use of
Uniform Resource Identifiers (URIs) in conferencing, OPTIONS for
capabilities discovery, and call control using REFER are covered in
detail with example call flow diagrams.  The usage of the isfocus
feature tag is defined.  This document specifies an Internet Best Current 
Practices for the Internet Community, and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Proposal 
Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP