Subject: [Sipping] bug in rfc-3261

From: "B, Nataraju" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 14:51:32 +0530

Header field              where       proxy ACK BYE CAN INV OPT REG

WWW-Authenticate           401         ar    -   m   -   m   m   m
WWW-Authenticate           407         ar    -   o   -   o   o   o

Contact                	    3xx         d    -   o   -   o   o   o

Why proxy column is mentioned as "ar" for WWW-Authenticate in 401/407.
It should have been mentioned as "r" only. In no case proxy would add
the WWW-Authenticate header for responses 401/407 ?. Does the proxy
aggregation considered for this case ?

Why proxy is allowed to "delete only" for contact in 3xx response? Even
it should be allowed to read the contacts in 3xx replies. BTW, in which
scenario it can delete a contact in 3xx response. This option should
have been either "dr" or "r" only depending on answer to my previous
question. 

Thanks,
Nataraju A B
Sonus Networks Ind Pvt Ltd
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Manjunath Warad <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 17:47:02 +0800

Hi,
    Please see inline...
 
Rgds,
Manju

-----Original Message-----
From: B, Nataraju [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2006 5:22 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sipping] bug in rfc-3261

Yes you are right! Proxy aggregation is considered here. 

Here again, proxy can remove the contact, for which it has already
tried, so that upstream proxies need not try on those contacts again.
This technique is used when proxy chose 3xx as best response to be
forwarded for upstream proxies. So, I think "adr" need to be used here
as this header can be aggregated to form the final 3xx response if more
than 1 is present.

Please let me know, if my interpretation is wrong.

Thanks,

Nataraju A B