Subject: [Sipping] Fixed Mobile Convergence (draft-yafan-fmc-mancho-00.txt)

From: "Yafan An" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 14:13:45 -0700

Dear Sipping Enthusiasts:

If you have not noticed the ietf drafts, I'd like to invite you to read
and comment on the submitted draft. You can send your comments to me or
the sipping list.

Thank you.
Yafan

	Title		: Mobile Assisted Handover across VoIP and
Cellular Domains Using SIP as Access Call Control
	Author(s)	: Y. An
	Filename	: draft-yafan-fmc-mancho-00.txt
	Pages		: 61
	Date		: 2006-7-31
	
This document describes the use of SIP between the dual mode handset
(DMH) and the mobility SIP proxy to enable network controlled
handovers across voice over IP (VoIP) and cellular networks.  The
mobility SIP proxy has a peering relationship with the cellular
network.  Mobile assisted and network controlled handovers require
the exchange of cellular radio parameters between the DMH and the
mobility SIP proxy.  The set of cellular related parameters is
collectively called Session Handover Protocol (SHP).  The SHP is a
residual protocol of SIP, where all of its messages are transported
as MIME attachment to SIP messages.

This document describes the requirements, various SIP message flows
for cross-domain roaming and bidirectional handovers between VoIP and
cellular domains, and detailed specification of the residual SHP
protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yafan-fmc-mancho-00.txt

 <http://www.stoke.com/> 	YAFAN AN - CHIEF ARCHITCET 
T: 408.855.2957  M: 510.386.2647  F: 408.855.2978  
SERVICES WITHOUT BOUNDARIES 	

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Henry Sinnreich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 18:13:31 -0700

Yafan,

I am not sure if it is right to have only the limiting assumptions in
the I-D:

- The 'network' is in control of the handover decision and not the user,

- The end user has no control over choosing the network or service
provider,

- Other networks such as Wi-Fi and WiMAX are not considered where the
end user may want to switch to.

Last but not least, the Internet point of view is of interest in the
IETF. IMHO, 3G is only one of the access options to the Internet ("the
Internet is THE service") and the user must have choices and control to
exercise them.

Thanks, Henry

________________________________

From: Yafan An [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2006 4:14 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sipping] Fixed Mobile Convergence
(draft-yafan-fmc-mancho-00.txt)

Thank you.

Yafan

        Author(s)       : Y. An

        Pages           : 61

        Date            : 2006-7-31

protocol.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yafan-fmc-mancho-00.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yafan-fmc-mancho-00.txt>

---

From: "Arjun Roychowdhury" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 08:21:15 -0400

Yafan,
Has the referred to document 'yafan-fmc-arch' been discussed in lists
before ? this I-D though interesting seems to be a direct outcome of a
particular configuration /product deployment and assumption of nodes
such as MP-CSCF.

Finally, this draft makes no mention of 3GPP/2 VCC and why a different
network reference model is required.

regds
arjun

On 8/21/06, Yafan An <[email-masked]> wrote:
> If you have not noticed the ietf drafts, I'd like to invite you to read and
> comment on the submitted draft. You can send your comments to me or the
> sipping list.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Yafan
>
>
>         Title           : Mobile Assisted Handover across VoIP and Cellular
> Domains Using SIP as Access Call Control
>
>         Author(s)       : Y. An
>
>         YAFAN AN – CHIEF ARCHITCET
> Sipping mailing list
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping

-- 
Arjun Roychowdhury