Subject: [Sipping] Updated Draft: SIP Performance Metrics

From: Daryl Malas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 17:16:17 -0600

To all,

I have submitted an updated version of the SIP Performance Metrics
draft.  I renamed the title to SIP End-to-End Performance Metrics for
clarity of scope purposes.

The following lists some of the changes to this draft:

1.  Clarified scope of the document (see introduction and throughout).
2.  Defined new terms such as end-to-end.
3.  Removed Average Hops per Session.
4.  Completely re-did Average Hops per INVITE to clarify.
5.  Updated all flows to be compliant with RFC 3665.
6.  Updated terms to be compliant with RFC 3261.
7.  I described the metrics for both successful and failed situations.
8.  I added flows for redirect scenarios.
9.  I added verbiage regarding testing.
10. I added the Registration Request Delay (RRD) metric
11. Finally, I clarified a lot of details throughout the document,
trying to alleviate confusion.

The draft can be found here:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-malas-performance-metrics-04.txt

I would really appreciate feedback and comments on the draft.

Thanks...--Daryl

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP