Subject: [Sipping] draft-sawada-sipping-sip-offeranswer-01.txt

From: "Agrawal, Vishal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 12:44:35 -0500

In section 3.2 must both UA - A and B reject the offer 1 and offer 2
with 491 responses? The draft says that offer 2 must be rejected, how
does the UA B know not to reject offer 1?

Vishal

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 16:09:11 -0400

> does the UA B know not to reject offer 1?

If both offers are carried by UPDATEs then I believe they both fail with 
491. Because of the symmetry there is no good way for a winner to be picked.

When one is in an UPDATE and the other is in a PRACK the asymmetry 
allows designating one (the PRACK) as a winner. (Of course there can't 
be offers in PRACKs going in both directions.)

	Paul

> Vishal
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>