Subject: [Sipping] Comment on draft-vandyke-mscml-09

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 15:27:04 -0400

I have two comments on the draft:

(1) As a high-level comment, Section 3 does not answer why, instead of 
INFO, a new method wouldn't have been more appropriate.

(2) We've been using MSCML in a local application, for a PSAP mixer. For 
that application, one needs a slightly different mute function, namely 
something that blocks *outgoing* audio. I don't know the precise 
motivation, but it might involve privacy concerns for the call taker and 
the bridged first responders. One can create custom mixes, but that is 
rather cumbersome for a variety of reasons, such as dealing with new 
arrivals. It would seem more appropriate to have a comprehensive 
configure_leg type that allows to disable listening, not just talking, 
i.e., has four status (neither, talking only, listening only, both).

Henning

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP