Subject: [Sipping] Updated SIPPING WG document review status

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 12:07:09 -0500

Hi all, 

I've updated the spreadsheets with the new reviewers and proposed review
dates, along with adding annotation reflecting the SIPPING WG drafts
that are being moved to the SIP WG. 
http://www.softarmor.com/sipping/process/review_procedure.html (root
directory for reviews)

http://www.softarmor.com/sipping/process/wg-review/sipping-rt.html
(sorted by Review due date)
http://www.softarmor.com/sipping/process/wg-review/sipping-rt-rev-due.ht
ml (sorted by revision due date)
http://www.softarmor.com/sipping/process/wg-review/sipping-rt-wglc.html
(sorted by WGLC dates)
http://www.softarmor.com/sipping/process/wg-review/sipping-rt-editor.htm
l (sorted by document editor)

I've summarized some miscellaneous changes/additions to the formatting
at the end of the email for folks that are interested.

To summarize, the following documents are being moved to the SIP WG due
to protocol impacts:
draft-ietf-sipping-consent-framework
draft-ietf-sipping-session-policy-framework
draft-ietf-sipping-multiple-refer 

The highlights of the documents currently under Initial Review within
SIPPING with a review deadline of 25 August 2006 (yes, that's today!)
are:
draft-ietf-sipping-session-policy-framework-01.txt (revised doc will be 
                                        submitted to SIP WG for Last
call)
draft-ietf-sipping-policy-package-01.txt (initial WG review)
draft-ietf-sipping-media-policy-dataset-01.txt (initial WG review)

With the following documents to be reviewed very soon: 

- draft-ietf-sipping-capacity-attribute-00.txt (WGLC 18 Aug - 8 Sept) 
      Note: We still need at least 1 more reviewer for this one!)

- draft-camarillo-sipping-consent-format-01.txt (WGLC 28 Aug- 18 Sept)
- draft-camarillo-sipping-pending-additions-00.txt (WGLC 28 Aug- 18
Sept)
      Note: the above two docs will go through WGLC at the same time as
WGLC of 
      consent-framework in SIP WG. 

- draft-ietf-sipping-dialogusage-03.txt (WGLC 11 Sept - 2 Oct)

Per the above, there are a few items that are already out of date. In
addition, there is an error in the spreadsheet with regards to the
draft-ietf-sipping-xcap-config.  That document won't be moving to SIP,
but there will likely be SIP impacts from that document (related to a
new response code to be discussed on the SIP WG mailing list).  

So, these spreadsheets will be very fluid and the goal is to update
regularly (at least every 2 weeks).  There are already some reviews for
the policy documents that need to be uploaded. 

The approach taken was to have no more than 2 sets of documents being
reviewed at the same time.  Ideally, we should have periods where there
is only one document under review, but that wasn't possible and still
get the documents that we need to get reviewed done within a reasonable
time period before the IETF-67 meeting deadlines.  Also, any of the
documents that aren't available  in time for their review slot will have
to be rescheduled.  There are a few WG documents that are ready for an
initial review, that are lower priority that could be slipped into those
review slots. 

For folks that aren't official reviewers, your comments are always
welcome and of course, the schedule doesn't preclude discussion or
review of other drafts at anytime. 

And, finally, feedback on the proposed milestone dates for WGLC and IESG
would be appreciated as those need to be rolled up into the official WG
milestones.  

Regards,
Mary

------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------Miscellaneous notes on the formatting of the information:

1) The most useful basic sorting of the information seemed to be based
"Review due", "Status" and "IESG Target". 

2) Re-arranged the columns to make it more manageable for updating
dates.

3) Added a column for primary "Editor".  This lets us know who we need
to ping about dates, etc. for documents.  Thus, we've added a new
sorting which is by "Editor".

4) As listed, there is a separate file which sorts by the Revision due
date that is likely useful for the authors/editors in tracking their
deliverables.   

5) For documents that we're still working on, I've kept the old entry
for the document and rather than pointing to the ID tracker (for working
group documents only) the link now points to the old version maintained
on the tools page.  Also, just a note on the link into the ID tracker
for pre-IESG documents - I've got a bug in the link that for some
reason, you'll need to re-enter SIPPING as the WG and redisplay to get
the ID tracker entry.  

6) I've updated the date for the "Review due", with a new category
indicating it's been completed: "Review Completed" or "Re-review" for
the documents whose newer versions will be re-reviewed.   I debated
whether to keep the old date, but you can find the original date in the
template of the review (i.e., just click on one of the Reviewer names).
If folks feel this isn't sufficient, I could annotate the field with a
date as I did for some of the official WG milestones.  Note that this
"Review Completed" also implies another version of the document is due,
wherease the documents with a "Completed" will not have another WG
review (unless substantive changes result from the IESG review).

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP