Subject: [Sipping] RFC 4484 on Trait-Based Authorization Requirements for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:50:32 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4484

        Title:      Trait-Based Authorization Requirements for the 
                    Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
        Author:     J. Peterson, J. Polk,
                    D. Sicker, H. Tschofenig
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       August 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 37169
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipping-trait-authz-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4484.txt

This document lays out a set of requirements related to trait-based
authorization for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).  While some
authentication mechanisms are described in the base SIP
specification, trait-based authorization provides information used to
make policy decisions based on the attributes of a participant in a
session.  This approach provides a richer framework for
authorization, as well as allows greater privacy for users of an
identity system.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Proposal 
Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP