Subject: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sipping-toip-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Proposal Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Framework for real-time text over IP using the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: A. Van Wijk, G. Gybels
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sipping-toip-06.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 2006-8-17
	
This document lists the essential requirements for real-time Text-
over-IP (ToIP) and defines a framework for implementation of all
required functions based on the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and
the Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP). This includes interworking
between Text-over-IP and existing text telephony on the PSTN and other
networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-toip-06.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-sipping-toip-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-toip-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 17:31:35 -0500

Hi all,

After posting this question about 7 weeks ago, there was a lively
discussion that resulted in agreement on additional editorial changes to
this document.  The proposed changes were summarized on 7 July 2006: 
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipping/current/msg11420.html

There was one additional change in section 6.2.5.1, related to the
discussion of the "txp" media content attribute in the MMUSIC WG, it was
decided to remove the explicit reference in this document. 

The -06 version contains all those updates, with the diff available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/sipping/draft-ietf-sipping-toip/draft-ietf-sipp
ing-toip-06-from-05.diff.html

We'd like to give folks until 25 Aug 2006 to identify any additional
concerns on the readiness of this document. 

Regards,
Mary
SIPPING WG co-chair

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2006 2:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sipping-toip-06.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Proposal
Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Framework for real-time text over IP using the
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: A. Van Wijk, G. Gybels
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sipping-toip-06.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 2006-8-17

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers