Subject: [Sipping] Questions on draft-anil-sipping-bla-03.txt

From: "Agrawal, Vishal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 12:34:54 -0500

In section 6.3 "Call offered to a BLA Group", it's possible that more
than one user agents answer the incoming call simultaneously. What
should be the responses from the Proxy? Should the proxy send an ACK
followed by a BYE request? How would the agent receiving BYE know that a
race condition just occurred at the Proxy? I think that the section 8
should cover this race condition. 

-Vishal

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Venkatesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 15:10:45 -0700

Vishal:

Offering calls to a BLA group relies the ability of the proxy to fork the
request. The proxy simply forwards all 2xx responses to the calling side in
cases where multiple UA's answer the call simultaneously. UA's are expected
to handle this condition per section 13.2.2 of RFC 3261. I am not sure there
is anything the UA would have to do in addition to what is already mentioned
in RFC 3261 for accomodating this condition.

Venkatesh

On 8/15/06, Agrawal, Vishal <[email-masked]> wrote:
> than one user agents answer the incoming call simultaneously. What should be
> the responses from the Proxy? Should the proxy send an ACK followed by a BYE
> request? How would the agent receiving BYE know that a race condition just
> occurred at the Proxy? I think that the section 8 should cover this race
> condition.
>
>
>
> -Vishal
>